IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Got my DNA results back and I'm 45% Scandinavian, so by rights I should be a Liverpool fan😂. Rest is 24.8% Welsh/Scottish/Irish, 18.2% English and 12% East European.

Can't stop, got a night of rape and pillaging to plan so as to channel my inner Viking:P!

1 hour ago, Matt said:

That cancer really did screw up your sense of taste, didn’t it?

Funny enough Marmite is one of the few things that still tastes the same as it did before, what I miss most is a nice hot curry; used to love them but now they do nothing for me😪. I still eat them occasionally and my brain knows when it's a good one but my taste buds disagree:(.

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

I've been mixing these two on toast and in sandwiches for fifty odd years, finally the manufacturers catch on!

I do not like peanut butter (I have some in the house now, but no matter how hard I try  I can not get on with the stuff.  Have you tried this stuff  though? https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/heinz-yellow-honey-mustard-220ml only £1 from Morrisons at the moment  and it is wonderful  to eat.

21 minutes ago, rubecula said:

I do not like peanut butter (I have some in the house now, but no matter how hard I try  I can not get on with the stuff.  Have you tried this stuff  though? https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/heinz-yellow-honey-mustard-220ml only £1 from Morrisons at the moment  and it is wonderful  to eat.

We do have some of that in the fridge but I'm a Colemans fan, preferably the powder you mix yourself as it's stronger than the pre made jars. Love mustard.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

We do have some of that in the fridge but I'm a Colemans fan, preferably the powder you mix yourself as it's stronger than the pre made jars 

me too mike  but that Heinz stuff tastes  good enough to lick off your fingers  lol lol

and it is very mild too.

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

Funny enough Marmite is one of the few things that still tastes the same as it did before, what I miss most is a nice hot curry; used to love them but now they do nothing for me😪. I still eat them occasionally and my brain knows when it's a good one but my taste buds disagree:(.

Shit will always taste like shit mate 😛 

i do have some weird taste preferences. I love peanuts but can’t stand peanut butter for example, or I love basil but hate pesto

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Shit will always taste like shit mate 😛 

i do have some weird taste preferences. I love peanuts but can’t stand peanut butter for example, or I love basil but hate pesto

There is only one thing that I hate, and I mean HATE.  'Garlic'😝.  Must be descended from Dracula.

57 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed.  charlotte is awful as well.  laguardia too.  

You've not lived, I flew in and out of Banjul airport in The Gambia in 1989 (bad enough) not to mention communist era Sofia in Bulgaria a few years previously (where I lost my boarding pass coming home and was last man standing surrounded by armed military, convinced the plane was going without me and I was going to a cell).

My father in law used to tell us the story of when he was flying home from Alderney in the Channel Islands many moons ago and the door fell off the plane as they started the take-off run:lol:.

I remember going to St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands some years ago, you couldn’t land directly from UK due to there runway being too small. 

So had to fly into Antigua and get on a local plane called an Island hopper not much bigger than a 16 seater mini bus, you had no door between you and the two pilots just a red curtain and one stewardess with no refreshments 

When we got on we were the only white people so it was very much a locals service if I remember called Liat, there was an old guy with a wicker basket full of chickens 🐓, just before we took the off stewardess went round spraying everyone with this large aerosol can. 

It was my first time in a small prop plane with two pilots who looked and sounded like Bob Marley I was shitting myself, we were up and down four times before we got to our destination getting sprayed at every stop I couldn’t wait for it to end, then it sunk in we had to do the same trip going home what a nightmare, thank you British Airways’s.