IGNORED

Clint Dempsey

I've cooled a little on the idea of bringing him in on loan. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back on loan at Fulham or West Ham, though. If Seattle was willing to pay most of his absurd wages, I'd still consider it, as he's a better option than Naismith, Barkley and Mirallas both have been a little slower lately. That's just my opinion, though, and I know plenty of members on this board will disagree with me.

He had one season with Fulham when his goal tally got into double figures. He's somehow managed to feed off this and earn himself some serious money. He was shite at Spurs, but so are loads of others who go there. When the going gets tough he's someone who can be relied upon to get going where the action isn't. When he's not scoring he doesn't create. I don't care what his other stats are, heart rate, family history, preferred pre-match meal, he's clearly back where he wants to be and definitely where he belongs so he should stay there and keep the fuck away from Everton Football Club.

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't see Dempsey wanting to come to a situation where he's not going to be a guaranteed starter. As an Everton fan, I want to see Barkley continue to develop and as a Yank, I want Demps to get as much playing time as possible leading up to the world cup.

Partially agree with this, although Barkley is still young and probably doesn't need to play 90 minutes every week, the squad could use some freshening up and some players will need a rest come Spring. Barkley isn't entitled to a spot either, it seems like he gets special treatment from fans regardless of his performance.

Partially agree with this, although Barkley is still young and probably doesn't need to play 90 minutes every week, the squad could use some freshening up and some players will need a rest come Spring. Barkley isn't entitled to a spot either, it seems like he gets special treatment from fans regardless of his performance.

I completely agree that Ross doesn't deserve to start every game and was pretty satisfied when he was benched for those couple of games when Osman was in form. As for Demps, I don't see Seattle giving him up longer than 2 months (similar to Donovan's 2 loan spells) and wonder whether he is worth the addition for that time period, especially with his wages. He would start what maybe half the games he's here for, which would be like 4-6?

I completely agree that Ross doesn't deserve to start every game and was pretty satisfied when he was benched for those couple of games when Osman was in form. As for Demps, I don't see Seattle giving him up longer than 2 months (similar to Donovan's 2 loan spells) and wonder whether he is worth the addition for that time period, especially with his wages. He would start what maybe half the games he's here for, which would be like 4-6?

Dempsey can be quite useful/threatening when he plays well. Unfortunately, he's been out of form for awhile, and I don't see him being a Martinez type of player. I don't know, he's a hard worker, but I feel like Martinez likes more technically gifted players.

Dempsey can be quite useful/threatening when he plays well. Unfortunately, he's been out of form for awhile, and I don't see him being a Martinez type of player. I don't know, he's a hard worker, but I feel like Martinez likes more technically gifted players.

Yeah you pretty much echo my thoughts. He would've been quite an addition just a couple of seasons back but now... I'm not too sure anymore.

• 3 weeks later...