IGNORED

Clint Dempsey

he looks good scoring 3 in 5, and was quality last season, but i don't know if hes the sort of player moyes would buy. seems to be a bit 'big time'. in confederations cup, bradley had to move him up front because he wouldn't track back and help defend in several games. If US had more quality in midfield and up front, he would have been first one subbed in those games. I didn't see him enough for fulham. maybe this is just for a US team which he is obviously a top 2-3 player and feels he doesn't need to give it his all.

That said, as an american, i still like him and think coming to a team that would force him to work for a spot would do wonders. I just wonder if that 4 mil could be used to bring in a better player for a bit more money on top of it.

Been a regular in my fantasy footy teams over the last 2 or 3 years.

Gets some good points on that from midfield. Worth a punt I reckon.

Just spotted this from one of the ladz on teamtalk.... read into it what you will!!!!

Heard from an extremely reliable source, this comes from a guy that works for the club, can't elaborate further. However he said it's a 100% done deal that clint dempsey will be signing for us in the next few weeks. Did'nt mention fee to me, but told me to keep my mouth shut. Should'nt have trusted me, don't think he comes on this site though. If it hapopens you heard it here first! Think he'd be a very good buy. What do you lads think?

Just spotted this from one of the ladz on teamtalk.... read into it what you will!!!!

Heard from an extremely reliable source, this comes from a guy that works for the club, can't elaborate further. However he said it's a 100% done deal that clint dempsey will be signing for us in the next few weeks. Did'nt mention fee to me, but told me to keep my mouth shut. Should'nt have trusted me, don't think he comes on this site though. If it hapopens you heard it here first! Think he'd be a very good buy. What do you lads think?

I think his reliable source could be my mates wifes babysitter and hairdressing dogwalker, I dont want to elaborate too much, but if it does'nt happen you saw it here first. :P

Out of our midfielders Ossie actually has a marginally better strike rate than Arteta....better than Pienaar also, behind only TC and Felli.

Even so its still not many considering how many games he's played & out of the others he contributes far less in all other area's. We all can see he's a weak link as is Hibbert and i think Morrison would do a better job.

I watched the USA v Brazil final and I thought Dempsey was OK, nothing to write home about though. The lad I thought looked the part was the big fella on the right. But I can't remember his bloody name. LOL

You probably mean Jozy Altidore. 19 years old and as strong as an ox. He needs a few more years. If you are going to sign an American, the nI might conisder Landon Donovan. I know he's kind of sputtered in Europe, but I think it wasn't the right team, or for the right team. Moyes like to find that diamond in the rough, players who for whatever reason didn't perform to their best, and get the absolute best out of them. I think having a speedy forward up top like him would be good for Everton.

I watched the USA v Brazil final and I thought Dempsey was OK, nothing to write home about though. The lad I thought looked the part was the big fella on the right. But I can't remember his bloody name. LOL

Jason Spector the right back maybe? My MOTM for the US. Excellent cross to assist the first goal and kept Robinho quiet the whole game. Plays for West Ham I believe but doesn't get on the field all that much.

Jason Spector the right back maybe? My MOTM for the US. Excellent cross to assist the first goal and kept Robinho quiet the whole game. Plays for West Ham I believe but doesn't get on the field all that much.

His name is Jonathon Spector and there is a good reason why he doesnt get a game for West Ham !

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic