IGNORED

Clint Dempsey

Guest blueboy122

Not really, your case was you know 10 unsigned players better than Grant Holt. My point was 'wow there tiger he's a premiership footballer, surely they'd playing at SOME level if they're that good or are they really?' Case dismissed!

Read the quote again please before you type my freind. Point being he knew players that were at West Brom but couldnt get into there sunday semi pro side, so from that the point was that you have to have a massive amount of luck to be signed up at least 10 people out of around 40 million semi pro footballers didnt/havent had the luck. Boom son boom.

Guest blueboy122

he said recently though in an interview that he wanted to play champions league football so he'll be more inclined to go to a bigger club

Yeah I heard that aswell, but with players like Dempsey I just feel that they have a certain type and level of club alot like the pienaar situation with us and spurs. But who could blame the guy for wanting to test himself at the highest level of club football after the season he has just had.

Guest blueboy122

surely if they were prem level they'd be playin at a higher level than sunday league regardless of who they know?

I was'nt saying that they were Premier league standard just stating that Holt isnt and I know players alot more talented than him. I see what your saying though.

• 2 months later...

Hes not really a clinical finisher. He has been fantastic for Fulham the last 2 years, but if true number 9's are compared to engineers; Clint is more like a maintenance worker. He doesnt have any great attributes, but is above average at everything. That being said he is fantastic in our national team because we lack class, but he wouldn't be able to provide in the same manner for Everton. I dont think he would play poorly for us, and at this moment is the best American footballer, but I dont think he would even be a 10 goal player, more like 6 or 7. That combined with him being on the wrong side of thirty I would only want him on a free, and short term deal.

Hes not really a clinical finisher. He has been fantastic for Fulham the last 2 years, but if true number 9's are compared to engineers; Clint is more like a maintenance worker. He doesnt have any great attributes, but is above average at everything. That being said he is fantastic in our national team because we lack class, but he wouldn't be able to provide in the same manner for Everton. I dont think he would play poorly for us, and at this moment is the best American footballer, but I dont think he would even be a 10 goal player, more like 6 or 7. That combined with him being on the wrong side of thirty I would only want him on a free, and short term deal.

Have to disagree on the goal tally. Clint would easily be over 10 goals for us, we're built to play his style already after nearly a decade with Timmy. Anyway, not happening, but I'd love to see him in blue.

Ah hiya "special fwends" double thumb up emoticon needed here - ala posters being ultra brown nosey.

The beaut has 12 months left on his contract, the red shite tried some dirty tricks using Underhand tactics, Dempsey refused pre season tour, now he refuses to play.

Maybe if the other side of the story is that despite being paid millions of quid a year by fulham, Martin Jol makes him clean the toilets with his tongue then I can't see how it can be anything other than that bastard called player power. (see reference to why clubs will blow the £14m tv revenue and then some)

Ah hiya "special fwends" double thumb up emoticon needed here - ala posters being ultra brown nosey.

The beaut has 12 months left on his contract, the red shite tried some dirty tricks using Underhand tactics, Dempsey refused pre season tour, now he refuses to play.

Maybe if the other side of the story is that despite being paid millions of quid a year by fulham, Martin Jol makes him clean the toilets with his tongue then I can't see how it can be anything other than that bastard called player power. (see reference to why clubs will blow the £14m tv revenue and then some)

oooh handbags!

Do you know the other side of the story?

I'm only back here a day or two and I already remember why I thought you were a massive tit.

Seriously, the playground shite is slightly pathetic. I post my opinions or facts as an individual, I don't try and gain favour with others. Some of you maybe need to be more socially accepted if that's what you seek from a forum. Maybe you could create little clans and really get it on...

Back to Dempsey, he is displaying the behaviour that is at the root of the problem in football. Mega wages just not enough, fans adulation not enough, they want more and other clubs exploit that.

Could it be the same other side of the story as poor bastards like lescott, adebuyor, fletcher, Tevez, berbatov, modric ??? Just accept opinion and stop being so antagonistic. Feathers ruffled still?

feathers ruffled :rofl: pumpkin, please.

I was merely pointing out that Dempsey might have tried explaining he wanted to leave in a civilized manner to his superiors and Fulham screwed him around. His behaviour could be because hes frustrated and wants to play at a higher level, much like Lescott, Adebuyor, Tevez, Berbatov, Modric...

But we dont know that side of the story, so your opinion is based half facts, which makes it less credible...... in my opinion.