IGNORED

Clint Dempsey

He does want to go... That is clear. He told them he wants to go. They never received an approach off Liverpool but their Yankee owners flexed their muscles and announced him signing on a U.S site that they own, Rodgers stated his interest and then Dempsey threw his toys out the pram. All this without making an approach to fulham who own the player.

They tried to unsettle a player with 12 months left on his contract and have been made to look like tits, in doing so bringing out the worst in behaviour from Dempsey. In short they deserve each other. Could have sent about 10 links but I like to read and throw down my conclusions, as we well know.

He does want to go... That is clear. He told them he wants to go. They never received an approach off Liverpool but their Yankee owners flexed their muscles and announced him signing on a U.S site that they own, Rodgers stated his interest and then Dempsey threw his toys out the pram. All this without making an approach to fulham who own the player.

They tried to unsettle a player with 12 months left on his contract and have been made to look like tits, in doing so bringing out the worst in behaviour from Dempsey. In short they deserve each other. Could have sent about 10 links but I like to read and throw down my conclusions, as we well know.

And he was turned down. So what do unhappy employees (humans) do? They sulk. Most would get on with it at the same time but when you know there are other employers out there who want you and youre not allowed to change, sulking becomes frustration. On top of that, yes, he does have the power. But thats down to the system, not specifically him.

And Im sure it wasnt just Liverpool who turned his head, following months of links to Arsenal.

Nope, not having it, he has been at fulham for a good while. He was on football focus telling all and sundry how he lives the club and now his dad doesn't have to work.

Resigned to the fact that the only true loyalty you get in football are fans. Unless you pay top dollar then expect your favourite badge kisser to go to the highest salary payer. There are exceptions and these players deserve to be called legends.

Depends on how much Fulham want for him so that he can leave. Might be asking something ridiculous to keep him until the end of the contract. Dempsey has always been loyal to any team he plays on. This is the only time I can remember him sulking at a leave. He kept his patience when MLS almost refused to let him go to Europe.

He's 29 and wants to test himself at a higher level. I don't blame him. But I'm biased.

Edited by TonkaRoost

No reason to speculate. Steve Nicol has come out and said he doesn't even believe the contents of that story (he also confirmed that we were the ones that made the substantial offer that was turned down by the MLS years ago- but I'm sure people knew that). Everyone seems to vouch for the guys character. If being American makes me biased, then so be it; I don't think we need him, despite his obvious talent. At the end of one's career, one can only imagine the the lengths you'd go to make it ideal. Who knows?

Why are We even talking about Dempsey there is no chance He will be coming here!

The shite can tap up who they like for all I care it again just shows a lack of class on their part...

Also agree with Haf He's shown a complete lack of respect and loyalty to Fulham and regardless of there "maybe" being another side to the story which in its self is speculative He's under contract, another example of player power coupled with being a smacked arse!!

Well whatever happens he won't be coming here. He's clearly after a big pay day. I can't really imagine what could have happend that's so bad he refuses to play. It majorly back fired on Tevez last season and in the end he came back with his tail between his legs looking daft. Very poor decision making by Dempsey

The problem is that these players know what other clubs will pay players, a £30k a week player will look at a £100k player and think "I'm as good as you" - lets say maybe Dempsey looks at Lampard in such a way.

The game causes these problems, and it brings out the worst in the players. When you are a fan spending £50 a pop to watch these ball bags, it pisses you off.

The problem is that these players know what other clubs will pay players, a £30k a week player will look at a £100k player and think "I'm as good as you" - lets say maybe Dempsey looks at Lampard in such a way.

The game causes these problems, and it brings out the worst in the players. When you are a fan spending £50 a pop to watch these ball bags, it pisses you off.

You can say that again!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate bleacher report:

http://bleacherrepor...the-fulham-star

No substance...

The move for Dempsey would also allow Fellaini to move back to a defensive midfield position, which is his natural position. Though Fellaini and Jelavić have partnered well through their first two matches, that magical combination will only work for so long before opposing defenses figure out a way to stop them.

As if Felli can be stopped! Silly fucking Americans don't know what the hell they're talking about

Edited by tolne

I hate bleacher report:

http://bleacherrepor...the-fulham-star

No substance...

[/size][/font][/color]

Silly fucking Americans don't know what the hell they're talking about

That is a pretty generic statement since there is around 300million of us. Some do know what we are talking about. You should not even bother with bleacher report. Its a website full of people who know little to nothing, yet have the belief they belong on ESPN. I don't think Fellani can be stopped, but with his added roles in attack I hope he is able to get some rest from time to time. So he can stay in peak condition.

That is a pretty generic statement since there is around 300million of us. Some do know what we are talking about. You should not even bother with bleacher report. Its a website full of people who know little to nothing, yet have the belief they belong on ESPN. I don't think Fellani can be stopped, but with his added roles in attack I hope he is able to get some rest from time to time. So he can stay in peak condition.

Yeah didn't mean every American ever obviously. There will be idiots despite their nationality and origin and there will be idiots running sports news sites and such. Bleacher report... *shudder*

Clint Dempsey, and not being biased, is someone I really think can do a job, and is a fine player, and I wouldn't feel happy about the shite getting their hands on him, if not us. Still under 30 years of age, and can still contribute. would have liked to have seen him at Everton for sure, but not too happy about a possible transfer to Anfield. Of course there's every chance that someone else may land him, but the more I think about it, the more it seems true that they will be the ones to grab him. Not thinking about it anymore!