IGNORED

Clint Dempsey

dempsey and donovan are both not good enough.

dempsey has been average and donovan is just untested at any sort of decent level.

Donovan spent a spell at bayern munich last year, although I agree he's not good enough and hasn't really set the world on fire. Go for Altidore

Why do people like Altidore??

Yes he is big and fast however his first touch is woeful, he hasnt got a clue how to hold the ball up, he cant read the game he is tactically inept and his decision making is laughable oh and he will cost at least £11M ( well thats what Villareal payed for him in January so I would presume they want most of their dosh back)

• 2 years later...

It may be worth giving this a bump up the board.. Grand Old Team are reporting that an American is a priority transfer target and with Dempsey being out of contract in the summer, it probably is him.

Id have preferred our targets to be younger but he'd be a good signing for a couple of years.

Great transitional signing. Hopefully encouraging us to play on the floor and through the middle more, and shifting Cahill to the bench as an impact sub. With the added bonus of a great mentor for Barkley that is a good enough reason in itself. Would be very pleased if we snapped him up.

It may be worth giving this a bump up the board.. Grand Old Team are reporting that an American is a priority transfer target and with Dempsey being out of contract in the summer, it probably is him.

I'd cry buckets with happieness if we signed him. He's one of those players who is getting on but I'd still pay quite a large sum of money to have him here, he's a fantastic player who could really improve us and I can't wait to see if Moyes can tempt him away from Craven Cottage in the summer.

Don't think his contract's up this summer - sure it's next. £4m this summer or for free next - happy with either!

Could it be a bit of pressure from Nike? Wanting to push the marketing with one of their flag ship players? He's on loads of Nike ads.

If there is truth in the fact that the Nike are pushing us to sign one of their players as part of a marketing deal then I'd rather we went in for this young fella, I've heard good things about him...

o_f_c_barcelona_lionel_messi-62474.jpg

In all serious though Dempsey would be a welcomed player - I'd stick him on the back of my 2012/13 shirt.

In all serious though Dempsey would be a welcomed player - I'd stick him on the back of my 2012/13 shirt.

You'd give him a piggyback? F*ck that, he earns a packet, im sure he can manage to stretch the pennies for a car...or if all else fails....ride it like this guy...

You'd give him a piggyback? F*ck that, he earns a packet, im sure he can manage to stretch the pennies for a car...or if all else fails....ride it like this guy...

The video above sums up why I want a career working with animals.

Quote off an American on GOT

-The US national team has a hole when it comes to young centerbacks right now - either they are veterans or developing. Plus, we really don't need another one. So, not a CB.

-We have no natural LBs to back up Baines, and this doesn't seem like a back up transfer, so no.

-US national team's few CAMs aren't a fit - developing (Adu, JFT), injured (Holden), or under contract (Feilhaber). So no.

-The US forward pool is light and developing or veterans, so no.

-We don't need another central defensive midfielder, so no Maurice Edu, no Michael Bradley, no Jermaine Jones, etc.

-It's not LD.

Now RB, wingers and Dempsey...things get interesting:

-Clint Dempsey is looking to move. But he has said time and time again he wants to go to a Champions League club, so I just don't see this happening, and Fulham is going to look for money we don't have. But he could be Moyes' target.

-Brek Shea. People want to make him a star, but he has looked ragged and tired of late. Not sure he has it to be honest. ThinkGueye has been coping just fine.

-Fabian Johnson & Timmy Chandler - two very bright prospects who have played RB, RM (Chandler) and LB, LM (Johnson). There has been talk of Chandler being sold. He would be a very interesting fit for us at RB - attacking fullback all the way, and could also play winger.

I'm hoping it's Demsey still, the players mentioned as possibles don't sound very good.

Guest blueboy122

If we get Dempsey it might open the door to a more permanent signing of Donovan. Perhaps. Maybe.dry.png

I think it would close the permanent signing of Donovan to be honest. I think I would prefer Dempsey to be honest I have said it to my mates for years that he would be a great signing for us he just seems to be consistently good and seems to go under the radar of the bigger clubs. It would be a great summer if we were to sign Dempsey and Holliet both on free transfers!!

I just Don't know where he would fit in to be honest. We only play the one up front and a winger he ain't. That leaves three across the middle of the park. Felli is a shoe in for starters so that leaves two places. Moyes likes playing two screening players in the middle ie Felli and Rodwell/Gibson /Nev so that leave us to the position Tim plays in, come to think of it good shout peeps, would he play as a second striker/advanced central midfielder?

Edited by jona 32

Quote off an American on GOT

I'm hoping it's Demsey still, the players mentioned as possibles don't sound very good.

I rate Chandler. He looks to have a bright future. I think the same about Shea, but I don't think Everton needs a player like him for the time being. Dempsey is hitting the purple patch of his career.

I just Don't know where he would fit in to be honest. We only play the one up front and a winger he ain't. That leaves three across the middle of the park. Felli is a shoe in for starters so that leaves two places. Moyes likes playing two screening players in the middle ie Felli and Rodwell/Gibson /Nev so that leave us to the position Tim plays in, come to think of it good shout peeps, would he play as a second striker/advanced central midfielder?

This is what I would assume. He has played really well with Zamora at times. I wouldn't see him displacing anyone further back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Test this area as I never use it generally..

I for one would jump at the chance of getting Dempsey in, Makepeace too if we could manage it.

He's a good player, done well for Fulham and us at national level and in a partnership with Jelavic or attacking capacity would be something to see, not sure how much we would pay, he's almost thirty years old now too, but the awful piece of shit tabloid rag The Daily Star seem adamant he will be a Toffee player next season, on that basis I wouldn't get your hopes up, dry.png but still a very good acquisition if we could make it.