IGNORED

Moutinho

i did here something about moutinio going to united.thing is if they want him its obvious where hes going to go..

so gutted would really like him here.should have wrapped it up last seaon...shame things always get in the way for us.

I wouldn't read to much into it. They will be linked with every player under the sun now that they have 80m burning away in their pockets.

Indeed, its the same as when we get rumours about Lescott and Cahill leaving in the summer. It's all media talk that just gets thrown around the tabloids. I'd not worry too much about where Moutinhio is going until he actually moves. I'm a little dissapointed that we wont be signing him because he's the kinda' player we need - once again Everton fall short :(

• 2 weeks later...
The Moutinho thing has gone on a long time. Honestly, I think if we were going to sign him it would have been done and dusted long since.

Either we can't sign him or we won't sign him. Same difference really.

Yeah have to agree if we were going to get him it would have been done by now. We just have to accept that he is out of our range

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone still grasping at the last sliver of hope like I am? I think Moyes may rediscover his interest in Joao if the Defour deal doesn't pan out. We really need a player like Moutinho/Defour if we are going to have any shot at making a run in Europe.

Moutinho interesting Man Utd.. apparently price is £12m

Man u have said there not buying anyone else, which i find strange as they not replaced Ron, i said at the time an i think its been proved right, that fergy wasnt given the 80mil, i think most of it went towards the debts

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps I'm now beating a dead horse into the ground...but, with Sporting looking as if they will take an early bow from CL could Moyes renew his interest in Moutinho? Especially if (and I hope its a big IF) Lescott is on the way out. I'm sure his fee will go down once Sporting exits CL and they should be more willing to sell a player they kept for the CL. Thoughts?

Can someone do us all a massive favour and CLOSE down this blasted topic and condemn it to the "never in a million years" bin!! At the moment we do not have the necessary pulling power to attract a TOP emerging international player from a big European footballing superpower like Portugal!! He is young and ambitious and wants to be playing Champions League football consistently which his talent entitles him to achieve....AT THE MOMENT....and i stress at the moment we are not an attractive option for him so pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze lets not stop banging on and concentrate on commenting on our far more realistic targets!!!!!! ( climbs down off soapbox!! ) :-)

i hope we get him just to shut you up

and coz hes a decent footballer too

haha. in some ways he's right, but i'd love him here. We would show people how ambitious we are! like boro when they signed Juninho...come on boys pull a fast one, suprise us all with a top-drawer signing :D please lol

Saw him play an entire game for the first time yesterday,

good workrate, good passing, born to be a captain: Decent player

but his length could be a problem in the pl i think

"DECENT PLAYER" ??????

Mate he is a lot better than just decent!

As for "his length could be a problem" - I dont know him that well :gay: