IGNORED

Lescott

Guest efctaxi

Does anyone think there has been a genuine bid placed ?

I'm under the impression we'll see both teams deny it soon .

Does anyone think there has been a genuine bid placed ?

I'm under the impression we'll see both teams deny it soon .

I think there has been, more enquiry's. Hughes will test waters, "12, 13.5, 15?" and moyes will go "plus Johnson, plus johnson and Richards, plus Johnson, Richards, Jo and 15, then we may have a deal"

I think there has been, more enquiry's. Hughes will test waters, "12, 13.5, 15?" and moyes will go "plus Johnson, plus johnson and Richards, plus Johnson, Richards, Jo and 15, then we may have a deal"

As much as I rate Lescott and hate to break up a solid back 4, I reckon 10m plus Johnson and Richards would be good business.

I may get some abuse for this (mega bothered!!!) but I'm just telling you what I've heard.

My brother is mates with wolves keeper matt murray (one of lescott's best mates in football and fellow evertonian). He's told us that lescott is definately going. Joloen is currently in Dubai on holiday but has also met with representatives of citeh. The reason he wants to go is because:

1. He thinks moyes treats him as if he's still a championship player and feels moyes should treat him better.

2. 5 racist attacks in liverpool since he's been here (blue and red).

3. probably money! (reported £80k).

He said £13m so I pressume that involves a player or 2 on top.

I'm dubios but this is coming from a close link to him... like I said, just passing on what I've been told... discuss!

I may get some abuse for this (mega bothered!!!) but I'm just telling you what I've heard.

My brother is mates with wolves keeper matt murray (one of lescott's best mates in football and fellow evertonian). He's told us that lescott is definately going. Joloen is currently in Dubai on holiday but has also met with representatives of citeh. The reason he wants to go is because:

1. He thinks moyes treats him as if he's still a championship player and feels moyes should treat him better.

I'm dubios but this is coming from a close link to him... like I said, just passing on what I've been told... discuss!

It better be one or two very good players ontop of a pathetic fee like that!

Richards and Johnson + £13m and its done deal for me.

Richards will be a quality defender in the future, Johnson will be/is a quality midfielder and needs a coach who knows how to manage players and £13m is £13m :P

In all likelihood if it's £13m it'll be Jo on loan and Johnson though, knowing us :P

Fair enough, no abuse if that's what you heard....

1. I'd be amazed if anyone in the squad gets special treatment from Moyes. If he feels that it's more likely that he's having his head turned by the England trips and getting a bit precious.

2. No reports of that....surely there would be :huh: (and it'd be just as bad in Manchester anyway)?

3. Shrugs.

Anyone know how many years he's got left?

Reason I ask is, if he requests a move the fee will be lower but he loses his loyalty bonus (prob £1m for every year left at a guess), if he doesn't request then we command a much higher fee but we'd have to pay joleon a loyalty bonus, same goes if they offer players - this may affect fee.

Not getting at you but even if it was his mum giving theinfo there is no way they would know the specifics of a deal. Moyes & Kenwright will know the details of any alleged deal rather than a mate...either way I think we all know deep down something is going to happen, just a matter of damage limitation for us.

Guest efctaxi
Not getting at you but even if it was his mum giving theinfo there is no way they would know the specifics of a deal. Moyes & Kenwright will know the details of any alleged deal rather than a mate...either way I think we all know deep down something is going to happen, just a matter of damage limitation for us.

I have to agree .

Would Joleon himself even get to hear about the deal other than fees arranged for him ?

Lets be real here there are only two real reasons Lescott will want to leave. The first is obviously money.Lescott is coming to his prime years as a footballer and this will be his best opportunity to make the most money he can. The second is he thinks he would enjoy playing with a load of overated and overpaid players on the premise that they will achieve something. Either way if thats how he feels you can't blame him because football and loyalty dont go together these days. The stuff about Moyes treating him like a championship player i just dont buy. The lad has been turned into an international by his own ability , Moyes and the club. If he wants to go i will wish him well and thank him for his efforts but then continue to support the players who are gratefull to be at our club. I think 20 miilion is the fee we should be looking for but would take 13 plus Richards every day of the week. With Rodwell waiting in the wings and the Jag back soon i would be more than happy

Takes 2 clubs to make a deal. If what I've been told is true (well it's obviously what he's been told) he's been in contact with people in Dubai - they can tell him what they want, "We've made a ..... bid for you..."

As for racism on the streets, how can any of us say he hasn't been verbally abused on 5 occasions?

I think he's still pissed off with how long he played at LB if there's anything between him and moyes.

To be honest a £25m deal would be my price. Reason being, we would need to sign a versatile international level CB/LB to replace him which is unlikely

The one reason I would look to sell is that we have been lucky that his knees have held up, what if he gets a knee injury? If we get the right price on Richards, and he can get reduce the size of his head and start listening we may have a potential replacement.

In effect Joleon in exchange for: Moutinho, Bale, Richards would be ok with me.

To be honest a £25m deal would be my price. Reason being, we would need to sign a versatile international level CB/LB to replace him which is unlikely

The one reason I would look to sell is that we have been lucky that his knees have held up, what if he gets a knee injury? If we get the right price on Richards, and he can get reduce the size of his head and start listening we may have a potential replacement.

In effect Joleon in exchange for: Moutinho, Bale, Richards would be ok with me.

Very over-rated

Tribalfootball/Sun saying we want Micah Richards as part of the deal. I think if we got 15 mil + richards we would then be able to go out and buy a decent midfilder either defour or mouttino and also aim at getting a right winger wth the normal transfer kitty

Erm, lets be fair here people, I don't want lescott to go AT ALL (hence the caps lock) but £25 Mill is he really worth that? if they bought Jo for £15M one season ago & Richards was knocking on the full england team door 1 season ago thats got to make them a combined £20M & wouldn't that be a fair price for J Lo??

OK, I've got a question what about Richards & Jo for Lescott?

Hmmm??

Richards, Jo and about 10-12 million for Lescott. Citeh want to get rid of both Jo and Richards so a straight swap would be bad business for us, I think. A back line of Richards,Yobo, Jags and Baines isn't all that bad though. would need backup, especially for the CB roles. Then spend the money on Moutinho!!! :D

Richards, Jo and about 10-12 million for Lescott. Citeh want to get rid of both Jo and Richards so a straight swap would be bad business for us, I think. A back line of Richards,Yobo, Jags and Baines isn't all that bad though. would need backup, especially for the CB roles. Then spend the money on Moutinho!!! :D

Massively unrealistic to think we will get Richards + Jo and any money at all! As quite rightly pointed out by previous poster!! Lets be fair City want rid of Jo...paid 19mil...already gunner take a big hit on him say worth 8-10mil now??!! Cant be much less than that!! Richards was awesome when he came onto the scene... not long ago maybe season and ad a half ago was being linked with 20million pound move to the gunners so again cant have lost that much value even tho his attiutude has been brought into question!!!

We dont need the money so what is the fascination with selling our best players..... Richards is shit... hes not the player he should be because he makes to many mistakes....

No qoutes in any of them stories.... so take them all with a pinch of salt...... Do yo not realise that your all just posting links that have ripped of the same story.......... Everyone has just picked up on a story printed in the gaurdian....

Edited by DangerMouse