IGNORED

Non-linked Players

Aaron Ramsey. Been thinking with our determination to bring in young prospects would it be worth having another go and getting him from Arsenal? Wenger doesn't seem to give british talent the same opportunities as the french and Ramsey must be thinking he made the wrong decision by signing considering the same opportunity Rodwell has been given. Everytime i watch him i think he is quality and if we could get him for 3-4 million would be well worth it. What do you guys think?

Edited by Finn balor

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems very unlikely. Despite the fact that he apparently turned Manchester United down before he turned us down, I think he sees his future with Arsenal in the coming years. The only way we'd probably get him is on loan, and even still I don't think he'd want to come as he'll probably push for a better number of appearances next seaon for Arsenal.

We aint going to get either Ramsy or Gibson, both will be first team starters over the next few seasons as both are class, no chance.

isnt gibsons contract up this summer would be great if we could get him really think he will be a great player, should have got fletcher the other season

I really like what I've seen of that Kyle Naughton, he looks like a cheaper, younger, rawer glenn johnson, if he turns out to be as good then that's £4m very well spent. I also thought their other full-back walker looked good on monday but that was the first i've seen of him. I think naughton would break into our first team at right back next season should we sign him.

Edited by c1982

I'm not that well up on Naughton but he looks the buisness, he plays in a position that we need to fill and with his age this could be a summer transfer signing worth cheering about.

American midfielder Anton Peterlin is ready to join Everton in the summer from Ventura County Fusion

From that talk he is already going to be our summer signing, not heard much about him either to be honest. They have linked us with Pavlyuchenkho which I would hate to see come off, if he does make it to Goodison Park he will have to improve drastically. Not the player that everyone expected at Tottenham Hotspur. Would much rather have Alan Smith or Micheal Owen.

I really like what I've seen of that Kyle Naughton, he looks like a cheaper, younger, rawer glenn johnson, if he turns out to be as good then that's £4m very well spent. I also thought their other full-back walker looked good on monday but that was the first i've seen of him. I think naughton would break into our first team at right back next season should we sign him.

i agree, him and walker are both great prospects.

Maybe Tim Krul as a back up for Howard?

In Holland they excpect that Krul will be the next Van der Sar, the next GK in the dutch national.

I've also heard that Feyenoord is after Krul, so if we want him, we have to be fast.

That is one thing I really do believe we need, from reports I've had Nash doesn't shine. Would Krul be happy playing second fiddle to Tim?

That is one thing I really do believe we need, from reports I've had Nash doesn't shine. Would Krul be happy playing second fiddle to Tim?

He's playing second fiddle to Harper at Newcastle atm so I'd say he'd be fine with it. He's young though and Moyes doesn't seem to fancy even putting young goalkeepers on the bench.

Well that's strange, I read an interview with Steve Round who hailed Nash's efforts as one of the reasons Howard broke the clean sheet record this season. His form has been great due in part to Nash pressuring him every training session and pushing him for his 1st team place. Just because we haven't needed Nash doesn't mean he's shit, we won't probably need a backup keeper so I don't think this is where we need to focus.

Well that's strange, I read an interview with Steve Round who hailed Nash's efforts as one of the reasons Howard broke the clean sheet record this season. His form has been great due in part to Nash pressuring him every training session and pushing him for his 1st team place. Just because we haven't needed Nash doesn't mean he's shit, we won't probably need a backup keeper so I don't think this is where we need to focus.

My sentiments exactly!

Lets have it straight here, I have never seen the lad play but pals have and they don't rate him. When he was at Wigan he could only get games with their third team, and thats a fact, Wiganers couldn't believe we bought him so are you sure that Round is right, don't you think he may have been trying to placate him in some way, why didn't he even get a game when Tim was a carrying an injury????

Lets have it straight here, I have never seen the lad play but pals have and they don't rate him. When he was at Wigan he could only get games with their third team, and thats a fact, Wiganers couldn't believe we bought him so are you sure that Round is right, don't you think he may have been trying to placate him in some way, why didn't he even get a game when Tim was a carrying an injury????

I'm not saying Nash is a brilliant back-up keeper, what I was trying to get across, and maybe if I put it this way...

Howard has been in every minute of every game this season, however, he hasn't been called upon in every game to produce a man of the match performance, in fact up until Jagielka got injured he was barely called into action at all, our rock solid defence will take care of most of the threats that come our way....

So Howard won't be strained in the season, and if needs be Nash can stand in for him on a temporary basis....

But let's say the worst happens and Howard gets an injury that leaves him out for the year, well again our defence will do most of the work and even if Nash does a Gomes I'm sure we can last until January where we can sortie a new keeper...

But what about the opposite...what if Howard has another barnstormer and we don't actually need another keeper at all...Is it worth investing in a backup keeper that won't see action? And who do you think we could get willing to play second fiddle to Howard and yet be good enough to make him worry about his starting place?

Personally with the limited funds we have I'd much rather we bolster our midfield/attack and become a more threatening team next year than focus on something we already have....

And plus there is a difference between placating to someone and recognising their efforts, despite their level of capability...Round said that because Nash trained so intensely and pushed Howard he helped Howard stay in good form...Isn't that in itself helping the team, benefiting Howard's fitness and confidence?

I dunno, I just don't see this as a short-term problem, long term maybe....

I'm not saying Nash is a brilliant back-up keeper, what I was trying to get across, and maybe if I put it this way...

Howard has been in every minute of every game this season, however, he hasn't been called upon in every game to produce a man of the match performance, in fact up until Jagielka got injured he was barely called into action at all, our rock solid defence will take care of most of the threats that come our way....

So Howard won't be strained in the season, and if needs be Nash can stand in for him on a temporary basis....

But let's say the worst happens and Howard gets an injury that leaves him out for the year, well again our defence will do most of the work and even if Nash does a Gomes I'm sure we can last until January where we can sortie a new keeper...

But what about the opposite...what if Howard has another barnstormer and we don't actually need another keeper at all...Is it worth investing in a backup keeper that won't see action? And who do you think we could get willing to play second fiddle to Howard and yet be good enough to make him worry about his starting place?

Personally with the limited funds we have I'd much rather we bolster our midfield/attack and become a more threatening team next year than focus on something we already have....

And plus there is a difference between placating to someone and recognising their efforts, despite their level of capability...Round said that because Nash trained so intensely and pushed Howard he helped Howard stay in good form...Isn't that in itself helping the team, benefiting Howard's fitness and confidence?

I dunno, I just don't see this as a short-term problem, long term maybe....

Reg, I don't disagree with what you say about Tim, I had said the same but I just believe that Nash isn't the right guy to push him despite what Steve Round says. In the season we could always rely on Jags to go between the posts, he is also a very good keeper having deputised on many occasions at Sheff Utd. We must either sell our young keepers if they aren't up to it or trust them more, Nash can be no more than a stop gap no matter what we do.

Reg, I don't disagree with what you say about Tim, I had said the same but I just believe that Nash isn't the right guy to push him despite what Steve Round says. In the season we could always rely on Jags to go between the posts, he is also a very good keeper having deputised on many occasions at Sheff Utd. We must either sell our young keepers if they aren't up to it or trust them more, Nash can be no more than a stop gap no matter what we do.

That's the point Jim, Nash isn't eating away at our salary budget, we got him for cheap, and yet it's been evident that he's pushed Tim in training as he's performed consistently this year. Nash is a stop gap and a very useful one considering our monetary circumstances.

On the younger keepers well I think Turner is either ready or he never will be, he must be about 24/5 now so if he's going to get Prem experience it's in the next year. Ruddy I think could do with moving on for a cheeky half mil.

And as far as Jags goes, I would much rather have our best defender in defence than wasted in goals when we have a goalie for that <_<

Nash may very well suck, I don't care, taking a fit Jags out of defence and putting him in goal is a waste of time, he can stop more attacks in defence than he can shots in goal, and that's a fact.

That's the point Jim, Nash isn't eating away at our salary budget, we got him for cheap, and yet it's been evident that he's pushed Tim in training as he's performed consistently this year. Nash is a stop gap and a very useful one considering our monetary circumstances.

On the younger keepers well I think Turner is either ready or he never will be, he must be about 24/5 now so if he's going to get Prem experience it's in the next year. Ruddy I think could do with moving on for a cheeky half mil.

And as far as Jags goes, I would much rather have our best defender in defence than wasted in goals when we have a goalie for that <_<

Nash may very well suck, I don't care, taking a fit Jags out of defence and putting him in goal is a waste of time, he can stop more attacks in defence than he can shots in goal, and that's a fact.

What yoy say is true Reg but, and its a very big but, if what I was told about Nash is correct and, God forbid, Timmy cops for a long term injury we'll be in shit street, with this euro league coming up we can't afford to take the chance mate