IGNORED

Non-linked Players

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone creaming over Gibson when we've barely seen anything from him?

Transfer Window Fever. Highly contagious virulent condition that affects most football fans on a biannual basis.

Victims commonly labour under the delusion that they have an enyclopedic knowledge of every pro-footballer in the world from the Screwfix Paints Northern League division 4a under 16 reserves upwards :P .

To be honest, i don't know anyone creaming over Gibson. I just think for free he would be a good squad player especially as we are so short of numbers.

OK, so creaming was a bit of an exaggeration, but most people want him brought in but he's done fuck all for anybody to see to really judge him.

OK, so creaming was a bit of an exaggeration, but most people want him brought in but he's done fuck all for anybody to see to really judge him.

To be fair, he was one of the best players on the pitch in the semi and he's hardly had many games to prove himself. He looks like he can strike the ball from distance which would also be an asset as we haven't really got a long range expert around the squad.

I would like us to go in for Dzeko, he is a quality striker with a class goal ratio, he is also good in the air which would be welcome. Looks a better option than Owen does, well he playing in the bundesliga but could he cut it in the premership?

Edited by Blue4Ever

To be fair, he was one of the best players on the pitch in the semi and he's hardly had many games to prove himself. He looks like he can strike the ball from distance which would also be an asset as we haven't really got a long range expert around the squad.

That's my point. He hasn't played enough for people to be saying he'd be a good signing. He has potential, of course, but tbh, we need a player with more than potential. I'd rather spend money on a midfielder we know can cut it.

Gibson is a full international and will be a quality player in the future and will no doubt be a great buy for any club.

The question is can we afford the luxury of a player who has the potential, but not the ability come mid-August?

we should put a bid in for Ricardo Quaresma at inter who was on loan at chelsea he seems surplus to requirements there and would be class for us.

Inter would still want a decent sum for him, plus I heard he was going to Genoa.

I've seen Gibson 3 times.

Against Fulham, Hull and us. He looked very good, strong and calm on the ball with a good mid to long range shot on him. He would be an asset to say the least, i mean a midfield of rodwell gibson gosling and delph is young and full of potential and could have a good run out in both the cups and some games in the league. It would also mean we could rest players like fellaini cahill and mikel so we can use them consistently in europe and in important league matches.

Gibson if he is going would be at the same level as our other young players and that's his main benefit, he is young and could very well become a full blown evertonian in the years to come.

He's worth a punt basically.

Not going to happen but Ricardo Carvalho has openly said he is ready to leave Ch£l$ki for first team football, I'd drop Yobo in a flash for him.

I've just popped on here to post that - he's amazing!!! Jags and carvalho 1st choice - yobo back-up, sell lescott for £20m! - that'd work! Carvalho will go to one of the top italian or spanish teams - he'd be perfect for the shite and arse though!

What are your thoughts? He had 9 goals on 9 shots for his club this year and 3 Internatiional goals in 4 games (so far) for Ivory Coast. What do you think he would cost us and is he capable of playing at the premiership level?

i wanted to post this one, but could only find dutch sources.

what do you mean by 9 shots? he played 32 games so scoring isn't his main ability

i think there is no way he's going to come to everton.

Based on stats from ESPN.com it states that he had 9 goals and only took 9 shots and those nine shots were all on goal...My point is that he is 100% on his goal/shot ratio...Dutch sources are not the only ones releasing this info. Ialso found it on toffeeweb.com. He looks like a solid player but we are low on funds and he would have to come at a fairly inexpensive price... <_<

with moyes' new wengerish scouting network emerging over the past few months i thought i'd add a few suggestions myself of good youngsters who we would do well to sign and would be realistic targets:

-john fleck-17, scottish 'wayne rooney' at rangers already in their first team, AM or 2nd striker and left footed

-james mcCarthy-18, scottish CM plays for hamilton, just been voted SPL young player of the year i believe (£3 million)

-anders randrup-20, RB for FC Brondby but can also play LB very attacking and apparantly the best Danish prospect since Dan Agger

-alex tettey-23, box to box CM plays for Rosenborg,similar to essien but with more of an eye for goal.recent full norway international after changing his allegiances from ghana

-cheick diabate-21, 6ft 3 in Mali striker raw talent but loaned to ajacco from bordeaux in the french league this season, played 27 scored 12

-robert lewandowski,20, polish striker 6ft 1 in, plays for lech poznan, compared to torres, played 45 scored 19

-piet velthuizen 22, dutch Gk at vitesse arnhem, voted dutch gk of the year solid prospect

marcus berg 22, 6ft 1in swedish striker torres style, 33 goals in 55 games for FC groningen in the dutch league

stats and info courtesy of imoscouting.com and wikipedia

what do ya's reckon? :)

Here's a strange one doing the rounds, but Horses head is set to leave Madrid for a fee in the region of £1.25m. The 32yr old ex manure player may not fit Moyesy younger player type, but there is no mistaking his goal scoring record of over 250 career goals, which includes 45 in the onion bag in 67 matches for the La Liga Giants. He has retired from International footy after losing his place for the Dutch and Madrid to Klaas-Jan Huntelaar . You never know, him or Owen, I know where my money would go.

Imagine that... a link wiv the ruud van... id take him over owen anyday!

Here's a strange one doing the rounds, but Horses head is set to leave Madrid for a fee in the region of £1.25m. The 32yr old ex manure player may not fit Moyesy younger player type, but there is no mistaking his goal scoring record of over 250 career goals, which includes 45 in the onion bag in 67 matches for the La Liga Giants. He has retired from International footy after losing his place for the Dutch and Madrid to Klaas-Jan Huntelaar . You never know, him or Owen, I know where my money would go.

Imagine that... a link wiv the ruud van... id take him over owen anyday!

He's been linked with spurs not us - this doesn't deserve its own thread!