IGNORED

Non-linked Players

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From today's Dailly Mail... the insider...

Maxi Rodriguez

Atletico Madrid to Tottenham Hostpur - The Insider says: 4/5

The £5m-rated Argentina midfielder is one of several players Atletico are prepared to offload to protect their main assets Diego Forlan, Sergio Aguero and Simao.

Sportsmail revealed last month that Tottenham representatives had held talks with Atletico over their captain and Tottenham had the player watched again during recent World Cup qualifiers.

He is experienced, tough and would given that much-need balance down the left hand side that Harry Redknapp and his predecessors have been craving. One of several new additions expected at Tottenham this summer.

£5m he's quality! I'd love him here!

Also some of the South Africans look quality, especially no.8, I'm not going to even type some of their names!

Edited by c1982

Stephen Taylor is said to be leaving unless Shearer is made permanent - £5/6m? He'd be quality, a lot of people have said they'd like him as a RB, but imagine the passion with him and jags as a CB partnership.

I'd really like us to get Taylor as a CB, I've liked him ever since he first started playing for Newcastle.

Joe Cole rumoured to be heading for the exit, would be great but no chance we could meet his wages.

Chelsea must be mad! He'll probably end up at Spurs or City though.

After posting on the USA thread....How about Jozy Altidore? We were interested last year if i remember, but Villarreal weren't game for a loan and would only invite straight cash (which we didnt have). He's look quality in the Confeds cup, is v.strong, v.quick and he gets into some cracking positions...would work really well as a lone man :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jozy_Altidore

Anyone else open to the idea of sol campbell as a short term fix should we lose lescott? We'd need someone to come straight in alongside yobo and sol could do this. Give him a 1-year deal with an option of a 2nd. If we could get sol and lets say mancienne on-loan we'd be covered at CB - jags and yobo being 1st choice with campbell and mancienne capable to come in and provide cover. This would free up £££ to go else where and buy a bit more time on maybe rodwell being more ready in a years time to start playing CB.

Anyone else open to the idea of sol campbell as a short term fix should we lose lescott? We'd need someone to come straight in alongside yobo and sol could do this. Give him a 1-year deal with an option of a 2nd. If we could get sol and lets say mancienne on-loan we'd be covered at CB - jags and yobo being 1st choice with campbell and mancienne capable to come in and provide cover. This would free up £££ to go else where and buy a bit more time on maybe rodwell being more ready in a years time to start playing CB.

Totaly agree C1982, Sol has the brain but doesnt have the legs (yobo needs to do the runnin for him) and Mancienne provides the youth to counter balance both players. Thats my opinion...£20m plus Jo on loan and then Campbell and Mancienne would be great, 3 players for 1? improves the squad size at the very least!!

With Jags out till november I would give him a year any way. We could be playing a lot of games this year and Yobo off to the ACN we need cover even if lescott stays. Another player I would be interested in is Scott Sinclair. Cant get near at chelsea. Fast, tricky and versatile. Would be good squad player and would be available cheap/loan.

Thats what I had thought as well. I guess it all depends if they try and pick up another winger. I;d take him in a flash though.

He's got great skill, but he seems a major arrogant dickhead, he's got the star-attitude for a couple of years now but has proven fuck all.

But as I said, great skill, and maybe last season was a lesson for him, so definatly worth considering.

Sporting maybe able to shed more light but i think the Nani - Lisbon deal has fallen through? plus like whats been said above his lack of team football maybe what is needed to bring him down to earth? again, i'd really like Nani here and i think he has got what it takes to be class, he just needs a little guidance....

also another person, not sure if its been mentioned...Diego Capel or Jesus Navas from Sevilla :P they are amazing...and Navas becomes amazing on Fifa hahaha :lol:

So , Standard Liege wants more than 15M £ for Steven Defour .TV teletext says Standard Liege will not let go Steven Defour for 15M £ . A much better player is Bryan Ruiz Gonzalez. International player from Costa Rica . He can play midfield and attack . Plays now for AA Gent. Better and less expensive.

• 3 weeks later...