IGNORED

Non-linked Players

Joined today. Would have been a good signing for us. Right back and Right mid. In fairness he flopped in Italy but the lad is still young and looked great when he first hit the scene. I think I am right in saying that he debuted for his country at only 16.

you are right

flopped is a big word though, he was a sub regurly at Genoa.

Does anyone have a suggestion for right back?? imo we need this the most of all positions

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll see Cap'n Phil at RB with Rodwell playing more often in the centre.

We should see if SAF would let Rafael out on loan?

I think the team will be as it was against Malaga..... a last run out & test for his team before The Arsenal match....

Would he not have moved Phil to RB and stuck Rodwell in that game....... just to see how things go....

I carnt see Rodwell ever playing at CB unless were really really short...... especially as hes improved while playing in the middle....

I think the team will be as it was against Malaga..... a last run out & test for his team before The Arsenal match....

Would he not have moved Phil to RB and stuck Rodwell in that game....... just to see how things go....

I carnt see Rodwell ever playing at CB unless were really really short...... especially as hes improved while playing in the middle....

I should have qualified it by saying Rodwell in centre mid, not centre half.

I can't see Rodwell playing at the back at all this season - unless we are really short. Clearly tomorrow it'll be Lescott & Yobo (if fit) and if Lescott goes next week, it'll be after we've signed a replacement or 2.

Id love to see Olof Mellberg in Everton at RB, but that wont happen as he just changed outfit.Still rate the guy very highly even tho he has lost some pace and he still cant strike a ball. (irony) Wouldnet let him take the throw ins either (remember a terrible throw to his own goalie at aston villa, vs Birmingham?? which resulted in an own goal) He is very good positionally. Always at the right place.

Three names:

Lucas Neill (free)

Luke Young (average but better than Hibbert)

Alan Smith (I know but for 2 million he would make a decent squad player).

Neill - Wages too high

Luke Young - Would be OK

Alan Smith - Past his best days, no thanks.

Brazilian midfielder Anderson has been told he can leave Manchester United after reacting badly to being omitted from the starting line-up for the Community Shield defeat by Chelsea.

Wouldnt mind Anderson, especially if we could get him on a season long loan and we havent made our annual Man Utd signing yet!

Anderson can be a world beater when he wants to, but even at United he seems not to want to quite often.

Since we're being linked with half the Russian national side why not pick up their two brothers that play in the center of defence (Aleksei Berezutskiy, more primarily central, contract through 2011, and Vasili Berezutskiy, versatile across the back, current contract through 2011) At 27 they have the experience and I wouldn't be surprised if we could get them for a reasonable fee. Just a thought.

Edited by chicagoblue

Straight from the Moyesiah`s mouth....taken from OS

David Moyes hopes to make at least four signings ahead of Monday's transfer deadline.

The Everton manager secured his second major summer acquisition on Tuesday, tieing up a five-year deal for Russian international midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov.

And, speaking at a press conference ahead of Thursday's Europa League play off second leg against Sigma Olomouc, Moyes said he is confident Everton are making headway in their pursuit of additional new faces.

"I would be disappointed if we didn't get at least four, maybe more," he said.

"We've made quite a bit of progress I feel and maybe I'll be able to announce something shortly, but not yet.

"The job is to try and make it [the squad] stronger every year and that's what we'll aim to do."

:thumbsup_still:

David Moyes hopes to make at least four signings ahead of Monday's transfer deadline.

The Everton manager secured his second major summer acquisition on Tuesday, tieing up a five-year deal for Russian international midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov.

And, speaking at a press conference ahead of Thursday's Europa League play off second leg against Sigma Olomouc, Moyes said he is confident Everton are making headway in their pursuit of additional new faces.

"We've made quite a bit of progress I feel and maybe I'll be able to announce something shortly, but not yet.

"The job is to try and make it [the squad] stronger every year and that's what we'll aim to do."

If this is true...IT IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AMALGAMATION OF WORDS I'VE SEEN THIS SUMMER!! :D:D :speak_cool:

Is that 4 including jo and bily? or 4 more?