IGNORED

Ever Banega

Not calling you a liar, but why would Moyes take the train? Surely our finances can't be that bad that we couldn't afford a taxi/bus?

a bus an a taxi would cost more then going 1st class on a train. An also can u really see Moyes on a National Express coach.Not 2 mention a train is faster

In terms of 'eligibility', the criteria is to have played 75% of your country's internationals in the previous 1 or 2 years - which Banega does not meet, he only has 2 caps. We were hoping to secure a waiver on the basis of him playing for the Un der 23 team in the Olympics last year.

To be honest, I'm not sure on this lad at the moment, reading what previous managers have said etc. he seems to struggle with life, as he had a 'difficult' childhood and cant settle outside of Argetina! I would really like us to sign this lad, even if he is cup-tied, he can play later on in the competition, providing we get there.

My cousin got sent home from work in manchester the other day ,as they had to close the site he was on. As it wasnt his fault, the company paid for him to get the train back 1st class. He said he seen Moyes get on the train with everton staff and a young-ish lad with dark hair (not a current everton player). my cousin couldnt get close enough to hear them talking but he said they were going through files etc. I thought this may have been Banega but if he played last night, it mustnt have been him...wonder who it was, possibly an agent? This is genuine, and i dont want to get all the abuse of being a liar etc... i am merely adding to the rumour!

:)

What day?

Wouldnt be too worried about that they always do seem to turn it down if you dont meet the criteria and then if there are extenuating circumstances they overturn it on appeal

Yeah the first part of the permit process is firmly based on the international criteria. If you don't meet that then they reject it. The appeals process allows for exceptional talents and those players who will develop the English game.

Everton will have to show that Banega is a top league quality player and that he will improve the Everton first team. If they do that then they'll satisfy the developing the English game clause.

Not entirely familiar with how the work permit process goes...so if the permit is denied today, how long til the next appeal (hearing)?

What are our chances? I'd like to see another loan as Moyes seems to have a handle on thee loan market above all else.

Well Moyes said earlier this week they expect to know early next week.

You never really know with these things. The top 4 seem to have it easier signing overseas players. Banega is clearly an exceptional talent. He has over 60 appearances in top leagues around the world, he was brought to Europe at an early age and he has 14 U20 Caps, 5 U23 appearances including an Olympic gold medal and 2 senior international appearances at the tender age of 21.

Certainly more qualified than Rafael and Fabio Da Silva :P

Well Moyes said earlier this week they expect to know early next week.

You never really know with these things. The top 4 seem to have it easier signing overseas players. Banega is clearly an exceptional talent. He has over 60 appearances in top leagues around the world, he was brought to Europe at an early age and he has 14 U20 Caps, 5 U23 appearances including an Olympic gold medal and 2 senior international appearances at the tender age of 21.

Certainly more qualified than Rafael and Fabio Da Silva :P

Portuguese passports mate, It would be great to sign this lad he would add alot to our game im not going to get excited about it for abvious reasons but if we could get him and Taylor i would be happy considering the shite we go through at this time of year.

Portuguese passports mate, It would be great to sign this lad he would add alot to our game im not going to get excited about it for abvious reasons but if we could get him and Taylor i would be happy considering the shite we go through at this time of year.

Oh really? New things, every day and all that :P

Permit declined.

Can you f*cking believe it?

Think what tax he would pay for a start!

We are soooo bloody unlucky. Wouldn't happen for Man U.

Read the above comments mate its not uncommon for the first application to be denied due to the international ruling its the next part that is important.

Nah....that'll just be Kenwright paying the Daily Mail to print it to con the fans. Davey probably lent him the cash then they both had a good laugh about it on the bus home.

Any confirmation come from the club? Ooh, a new player isn't this exciting?!!?!?!? :lol:

God no..... the o/s is slower than a stunned slug when it comes to informing us mere mortals!

In all seriousness though, IF this is correct then they won't say anything until pen has been put to paper.

Edited by iggy