IGNORED

Sigma (Home)

Adpom

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL King Louis, what a player. Where are the sell him for 8 mill clan now?

Is there really a need to rub things in people's faces?

As you said earlier on, calm down it's early days yet. Could be crocked come the weekend.

Not that I want to sell him :P

Yep, definitely much improved performance. liked what rodwell did in midfield tonight and saha clearly has to be first choice striker now. Apart from a bit of a weak start to the match and the penalty claims against us which easily could have went the other way, pretty good night.

Really enjoyed that match, we were looking great, especially towards the end, I think we may have our confidence back. The first 20 minutes or so were a bit jittery, I think we were a little nervous to start. (could have been a different story if they'd have scored first!). We were lucky with the penalty claims, but all in all I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now (yet I'm still freaking out every time one of our players go down).

excellent stuff.

I particularly enjoyed the way we kept pressurising them the whole time, no sitting back and letting them play we closed down straight away from the front and kept playing forwards.

one of our main problems is not playing forward quick enoguh and we did that much better, Hibbert looked very confident going forward while Baines and Piennar continued their great partnership down the left.

I thought Fellaini had a very good game, worked hard was seen running at resonable pace quite a few times made some good challenges and turned them into attack as well as playing the ball round nicely most of the time. Holding back on bad challenges much better though still that challenge he did near end should have been a pen.

Can't fault anyone today, played with a great spirit that showed that they wanted to make amends for the weekend.

whoever is paying the ref, I owe you a pint.

Portuguese ref, wasn't it?

Doesn't surprise me one bit, they all have a pretty squewered view of the game rules ;)

Anyways, great result, guys. After that disaster during the weekend (Everton defending was always rock solid, wtf happened??), a moralizing result was needed and expected, against a clearly weaker side. That's a 99% garanteed qualification, and ~£1M already cashed, for entering the groups stage of Europa.

A good performance all round really bar the first 15 20 mins, Rodwell is really coming along well the lad has all the potential to become the next Gerrard esque type player for me and he would be a wasted talent being groomed as a CB the lad has a very bright future ahead of him. Im glad Saha played well tonight two great goals and i hope we can keep him injury free this season and he will be a huge asset.

Now lets get our league started on sat against the dingles!!!!!!

I think people are getting a little carried away with the scoreline tbh because from my seat we didn't actually play as well as we should against this sort of team. We started off like shit and we still are not closing down space effectively, and our lack of pace is there for all to see and we played most of the game at a walking pace letting them regroup on each of our attacks. It's job done obviously and we were better than against Arsenal but a better side would have beat us last night, so I hope we get the necessary players in that will improve us.

Howard - Shaky start but he made a few excellent saves.

Hibbert - I thought he had a shite first-half but he was solid in the second half.

Yobo - He had a decent game I can't remember him doing anything wrong.

Neville - I thought he played really well, especially when you consider he's not a CB or a natural left footer.

Baines - Back to his old self going forward but still needs to improve defensively.

Osman - Complete wank until he was moved into the middle where he looked like a completely different player. It's a shame we won't be able to accomodate in the middle.

Cahill - Playing as a proper midfielder is meaning he's completely lost and ineffective.

Rodwell - I didn't actually think he stood out tbh (apart from his goals obviously). He played OK and he went about his work quietly and his second goal was an absolute peach. He's going to be a star for us in the future (if we can keep hold of him) but Moyes is definitely correct to bring him on slowly.

Pienaar - Ran into a few dead ends but his link-up play with Baines was back and he had a pretty good game.

Fellaini - For me he was anonymous and the game passed him by.

Saha - Excellent performance from King Louis. He held the ball up well, tracked back, hassled defenders and rounded it all off with 2 superb goals. My MOTM.

As usual Mark tells it as he saw it, and i have to agree its about the same as how i saw it, they looked more likely to score than we did in the first half, and were very unlucky with a couple of penalty shouts.

I think we all know that Osman is not a winger, and that Cahill needs to be closer to the goal to cause problems, and i'm behind mark 100% on the Fellaini comment, He always looks so lethargic to me , he looks nothing like an athlete in any way, its so disappointing.

Rodders played well enough, But my Vote goes to Saha who is looking better and better as his fitness returns.

I put the first 30mins down to nerves from the last game. It was always going to be a tough start after saturday's performance.

In the end I was happy with the overall performance - agree on most of mark's player assessments but feel rodwell deserves more praise for his all round performance last night - for me he was the only one playing in first 30mins when we needed someone to put their foot on the ball and dictate the tempo in our favour, he was actually the driving force from midfield for much of the game - very impressed!

Like some have said, we needed that bit of luck - howard could have walked at nil-nil with a pen for them - imagine the mood on here today?!

Anyway, that was the perfect response to a 6-1 defeat and will re-raise the confidence/spirit for sunday.

Through piercing fear of the Fellaini bum boys I won't comment on his performance.

Nobody has ever said you're an idiot when you comment on his performance, it's when you refer to him as a "belgian prick" and talk about the fee that some including me take objection.. To be fair, he's yet to have a good game for Everton in the 09-10 season.. And as Bill said his stamina doesn't seem to have improved over last season, disappointing.

Didn't get to see the whole game because Justin.tv was constantly giving errors, but from the bits I saw Saha was awesome. Gave him MOTM vote. Hope his performance carries over to EPL games.

I think people are getting a little carried away with the scoreline tbh because from my seat we didn't actually play as well as we should against this sort of team. We started off like shit and we still are not closing down space effectively, and our lack of pace is there for all to see and we played most of the game at a walking pace letting them regroup on each of our attacks. It's job done obviously and we were better than against Arsenal but a better side would have beat us last night, so I hope we get the necessary players in that will improve us.

Howard - Shaky start but he made a few excellent saves.

Hibbert - I thought he had a shite first-half but he was solid in the second half.

Yobo - He had a decent game I can't remember him doing anything wrong.

Neville - I thought he played really well, especially when you consider he's not a CB or a natural left footer.

Baines - Back to his old self going forward but still needs to improve defensively.

Osman - Complete wank until he was moved into the middle where he looked like a completely different player. It's a shame we won't be able to accomodate in the middle.

Cahill - Playing as a proper midfielder is meaning he's completely lost and ineffective.

Rodwell - I didn't actually think he stood out tbh (apart from his goals obviously). He played OK and he went about his work quietly and his second goal was an absolute peach. He's going to be a star for us in the future (if we can keep hold of him) but Moyes is definitely correct to bring him on slowly.

Pienaar - Ran into a few dead ends but his link-up play with Baines was back and he had a pretty good game.

Fellaini - For me he was anonymous and the game passed him by.

Saha - Excellent performance from King Louis. He held the ball up well, tracked back, hassled defenders and rounded it all off with 2 superb goals. My MOTM.

Id agree with most of that.. except Im still blaming most of Hibberts BAD moment on Leon Osman and I thought Rodwell pipped Saha to MOTM... just because I thought he did well coming into a team low on confidence and not putting a foot wrong..... 2 good goals aswell