IGNORED

Manny Fernandes

not posted much lately but how you can say that about osman and hibbert is beyond me...ok they aint the best but look at the important goals osman has scored for us just out of nothing and hibbert was fantastic when he was 22! fernandes i agree would be good and im a big fan of hes but he still has plenty to prove theres no doubt he has the ability for this league he just needs to use it more! the second spell he had here he wasnt match fit for alot of it really and looked good when he was. whats the record for most loan spells for one player to have at one club? ;)

Ossy is a great squad player but he suffers from 2 problems:

1) Hes not a winger, he can fill in there but his best position is in centre mid, but we have better options there. He is a fantastic squad player.

2) He seems to run out of stamina after a couple of games, which again makes him ideal as a impact sub or to fill in for injuries and suspensions.

Hibbo is a great tackler, but at the level we are now and where we want to be he simply is not good enough, he has poor positional sence, and doesnt have the pace to get out of trouble, also his passing and crossing is poor.

We all know the right side is our problem, I would love to see Bently and Taylor on the right, it would realy give us some penetration and security, but with time running out I dont know who we will get in. I dont know whose fault it is but we should have sorted these things out weeks ago.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, name me five occasions where either Osman or Hibbert influenced a match towards the positive?

No. I'll mention one (because it's fresh in the mind). Fulham away last game of the season Ossie gets the two goals that secure fifth.....he also got four or five man of the matches last season.

Then you could mention the 347 occasions that between them they've played for the first team. Local lads who came through the ranks who local kids can look at and think, "I could do that!"

Local lads who David Moyes thinks are good enough to play 347 times. I could go through and pick out four more if you like. Why don't you give it a go instead?

Ok, name me five occasions where either Osman or Hibbert influenced a match towards the positive?

Well I dont think its easy to influence a match from right back so I will just real off 5 for Osman off the top of my head

in no particular order

1. Ossies double at Fulham last game of last season

2. Macclsefield away last season

3. Larissa at home 2007

4. Last minute goal at Goodison v Pompey

5. His wonder goal when we humped Sunderland

osmans scored more than 5 goals :) more than five there and how many game changing full backs do you know?

Gary Neville, Cafu, Carlos, Sagnol, etc. They don't score often but their worth is either in creating or stopping goals, Hibbert does neither. Osman has scored goals yes, but his general contribution in games in minimal. Funny as Yakubu then Jo were slagged off by some quarters for scoring goals and doing nothing else, however Osman as a midfielder gets flex on the rope when he scores the odd goal and does sod all else. Why, tell me my good man why?

No. I'll mention one (because it's fresh in the mind). Fulham away last game of the season Ossie gets the two goals that secure fifth.....he also got four or five man of the matches last season.

Then you could mention the 347 occasions that between them they've played for the first team. Local lads who came through the ranks who local kids can look at and think, "I could do that!"

Local lads who David Moyes thinks are good enough to play 347 times. I could go through and pick out four more if you like. Why don't you give it a go instead?

Agreed they have done very well for us, and we wouldnt of got as far as we have without them. But the question is, more with hibbert than osman are they good enough for us to push on to take on the top4?

Well I dont think its easy to influence a match from right back so I will just real off 5 for Osman off the top of my head

in no particular order

1. Ossies double at Fulham last game of last season

2. Macclsefield away last season

3. Larissa at home 2007

4. Last minute goal at Goodison v Pompey

5. His wonder goal when we humped Sunderland

Well done! Duncan is the only guy who accurately give me proof, not conjecture. So I back down in regards to Osman but still ask, is he deserving of a first team place GENERALLY?

Ha, ha good comedy Mike. So because he has placed them often doesn't mean a thing, as we all remember a certain Simon Davies and James Beattie playing week in and out while the rest of us were covering our eyes. You must do better chappy.

Well done! Duncan is the only guy who accurately give me proof, not conjecture. So I back down in regards to Osman but still ask, is he deserving of a first team place GENERALLY?

At the moment yes he does because we have got a crap squad, but I have to agree if we are ever in a poition to start improving the starting XI then Hibbo and Osman would be the first 2 positions we would look at, but I would still rate both of them as squad players

At the moment yes he does because we have got a crap squad, but I have to agree if we are ever in a poition to start improving the starting XI then Hibbo and Osman would be the first 2 positions we would look at, but I would still rate both of them as squad players

Agreed, but unfortunately and inconceivably some people see those two as hero's because they are honest local lads.

Lol There is no way we will be challenging the top 4 any time soon anyway

1 bad result doesnt make us a bad team, I still think from 4 to 7 is going to be the most contested competetion this season. I believe once we settle down and get back to something like the levels of last season we will be challenging. Especialy when you concider we have the spine of our team to return by Novemver, if we are there or thereabouts come november we have a good chance.

Agreed, but unfortunately and inconceivably some people see those two as hero's because they are honest local lads.

Who's called them heroes?

This is about your vacuous suggestion that Fernandez has done more for Everton than they have.

No-one's arguing that they should be first choice if we're going to move on.

(Davies and Beattie played about a third as many games between them btw, and neither were local. There's a difference there for some people I guess, for me certainly but plainly not for you)

1 bad result doesnt make us a bad team, I still think from 4 to 7 is going to be the most contested competetion this season. I believe once we settle down and get back to something like the levels of last season we will be challenging. Especialy when you concider we have the spine of our team to return by Novemver, if we are there or thereabouts come november we have a good chance.

No but a squad of "13 or 14 decent players" makes us a shite squad ( David Moyses words!)

If we are still in touch with the top 7 by November,( actually make that January after the hectic Xmas period!) then I will be a happy man and yes I think its possible if we avoid getting any injuries/suspensions what so ever, and other teams fail to live up to expectations again. Thats exactly why I want us to get knocked out of the Europa League/Carling Cup as soon as possible

But either way there is no way in a million years we are actually closing the gap on the top 4 we will have done exceptionally well if we maintain 5th come the end of the season

No but a squad of "13 or 14 decent players" makes us a shite squad ( David Moyses words!)

If we are still in touch with the top 7 by November,( actually make that January after the hectic Xmas period!) then I will be a happy man and yes I think its possible if we avoid getting any injuries/suspensions what so ever, and other teams fail to live up to expectations again. Thats exactly why I want us to get knocked out of the Europa League/Carling Cup as soon as possible

But either way there is no way in a million years we are actually closing the gap on the top 4 we will have done exceptionally well if we maintain 5th come the end of the season

But in essence it is the same squad that got us to 5th last season. Ok lescott may go but that would fund new additions.

Atually thats not what he said

someone asked him about a starting xi will match any in the league an he said its more like a starting 14 that will match anyone in the league.

I thought this was a topic about Fernandes, whats the latest. ??

There was never anything to the story anyway, just NSNO guessing. There opinion seems to be, we go for one Valencia midfielder if we dont get him then obviosuly we'll go for Manny. It was always a nothing story. I'd not be surprised if we here nothing else from this again this window.

Atually thats not what he said

someone asked him about a starting xi will match any in the league an he said its more like a starting 14 that will match anyone in the league.

I cant find the article now to quote him exactly but I think you must be on about a completely different interview because the one I read he was saying we had a decent 13 or 14 but needed numbers in to add to them.

Either way the point is that we have got a pathetically weak squad