IGNORED

Manny Fernandes

I would have Manny back here on a 6 month loan deal, even though Elstone has seemed to rule him out! Manny was amazing in the 1st loan spell and granted his 2nd wasnt great but he was moved around alot and came carrying a knock, it is alway hard for a player to adjust under them circumstances. he is better than what we have in the middle of the park now with the injures we have, sorry but Osman just isnt doing a job! even before he was injured! He had a good half of last season and a good half of a game against B'ham and ppl rave about him. manny would be a better option than ossie at the minute, if we want to take that step forward. i would like to see us sure up the defence aslo, we are conceeding alot of goals recently and that is becaue we have a patched up defence doing their best due to injuries, but we will carry on to drop points and leads if it is not sorted fast. Distin for me has not offered what we needed, he looked immense at the start but he has been awful until he got injured, maybe he needs a player next to him who will talk and give him direction because he looks lost at times and lets face it joey is mute and hibbo cant give directions to anybody on the pitch! when jags is back i hope distin gets back to the form he shown at the beginning of his everton career, but jags and jonny sounds appealing!

As for reyes, he was amazing at arsenal until the last few seasons, i dont think he would prove to be a good signing, i think he lost his pace and he wouldnt cut it at prem level otherwsie wenger wouldnt of let him go.

We need a out-an-out winger ASAP! billy is good but he is not a winger, and has no pace, and seems to fade in the 2nd half. people mention bently, and IMO it could be worth a cheeky loan although he is a grade A tosser!

In moyes i trust to bring another few quality players on yet again a tight budget! the man is amazing at shrewd deals!!!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for reyes, he was amazing at arsenal until the last few seasons, i dont think he would prove to be a good signing, i think he lost his pace and he wouldnt cut it at prem level otherwsie wenger wouldnt of let him go.

Abit off topic but his departure was not as simple as Wenger letting him go because he lost pace or anything like that he is only 26 and had no serious injury trouble there where a few factors in why he left the weather was one which granted is still shite but he may see it as a good oppurtunity to prove he can still cut it by coming here or to another Prem team? plus the racism affair due to Luis Aragones daft comments caused abit of a divide and more then anything this sealed his fate:

Considering Henry's popularity at Arsenal, that created an intensely awkward situation. A month later, Reyes was the victim of a prank call that went out on Spanish radio where he thought he was talking to Real Madrid's sporting director, Emilio Butragueño, and practically begged to move to the Bernabéu. Eventually he did, as part of a loan swap deal involving Julio Baptista, but even though he scored the goal that sealed the 2007 La Liga title, Real did not wish to keep him permanently. In came Atlético, and he soon found himself on the slippery slope again.

I think he would be worth a punt if he would come as other options for a player with his experiance age and talent which he does have "somewhere" will be hard to come across on loan.

Edited by EFC-Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Reports are that Sporting Lisbon are after him and that he does actually want to leave Valencia to get some 1st team action. I know we aren't exactly short in the midfield with Arteta on his way back but Id still love it if he was one of Moyes' "hope to get one or two in before monday"...

• 2 years later...

4th Official(who coincidentally uses him as his avatar):Manuel Fernandes is now a free agent after mutually agreeing to terminate his contract at Besiktas after his wages weren't paid

No link to us yet, but more than likely will be tomorrow. Could add the bit of flair we've been missing.

not that much but what did pienaar do whilst he was away wink.png some players fit into teams better..maybe he might fit maybe he won't..if wages are ok i don't see a problem with it

away for 6 months isnt exactly the same though mate. Ok, depending on wages might be ok, especially since weve got rid of quite a few... Dunno, just dont think his 1 off spell so many years ago is worth getting excited about again...

On a free I'd have him here in a flash. If it didn't work out we'd be able to sell him for a few million anyway.

I was just going to say the same, if he's half of the player he was during his first loan spell then he's got to be worth a go on the free. If it dosen't work out like Romey said then we'd be able to sell him for a few million to another club and use that gained money on someone special. I'd be a bit sheepish going into a money deal for Manny but for free I don't see how we can complain.