IGNORED

Man Utd (Away)

Matt

im going with 1-1, believe it or not. After a 12 days gap without a game (when was the last time that happened?!) we could have players back, certainly a team rested. Utd will have had players on international duty which will help us (a little at least) and theyve not got the diving nancy who has been the main threat to us in recent years.

Saha and Neville back against their clubs, with points to prove no doubt and possibly Stevie P:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Anyway, 1-1. Why not...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your optamism. But being a realist (base on recent performances) I'm going for a convincing loss! The last 20 mins against West Ham we hung on and most of our injuries seem to be long term (best players) so I don't think the team will be much different. I hope I'm wrong though!

I like your optamism. But being a realist (base on recent performances) I'm going for a convincing loss! The last 20 mins against West Ham we hung on and most of our injuries seem to be long term (best players) so I don't think the team will be much different. I hope I'm wrong though!

i know what you mean, but there is a chance Pienaar, Neville and Ossie will be back to bolster the squad and hopefully Saha will have rested and got rid of this injury. Plus, one of the reasons behind our crap performances i reckon is because its the same 11 playing week in, week out and the break will give them a chance to rest. If we have Saha fit, Pienaar giving us some creativity and Nev back diciplining the team, we could make an upset...

Romey is spot on too, but like i say, if we get these players back i can see us working together better. Having some creativity and experience (Pienaar and Neville) in the midfield will hopefully limit the amount of times the ball gets back to the defence which should result in less hoofing of the ball. if Baines and Pienaar can get their game together, we have a good attacking left field which has done wonders for us in the recent past. Plus, Ferdinand might just be back from his 'injury' and im not sure if Vidic is back from his suspension by then, so there is a chance they will field a weakened midfield.

anyway, there is reason for optimism so im goin with that for now. might reasses my views closer to the game, but im bored at the moment and this has given me something to think about!

Edited by galacticaracnid

After watching the Shites match earlier, it made me realise how much we miss Lee Carsley in the big games, he was awesome for Birmingham, and very unlucky with the penalty decision. Even if for the most part he just throws his body in the way, its bloody effective!

That was an interesting penalty decision actually. It was clearly a blatant dive from ngog, but you have to wonder whether it was a penalty deserving tackle. For instance, if ngog had not just been so overly excited and stayed on the ground it would have definitely been a foul. I think he definitely dived, but there is truth to the fact that he was trying to hurdle the tackle to avoid injury. If he hadn't dived it clearly would have been a foul regardless.

I think he definitely dived, but there is truth to the fact that he was trying to hurdle the tackle to avoid injury. If he hadn't dived it clearly would have been a foul regardless.

Hmmmmmm, the truth of the matter is that there was that Ngog DID dive and therefore no penalty should have been awarded.

That's a bit like saying when a defender clears a shot off the line he stopped a certain goal and therefore a goal should have been awarded........

I really hope Nev's back for this one. I think whether we get he's playing or not will have a deciding influence on the end result. I'd be happy if we kept a clean sheet and snatched a goal somewhere. Though in all honesty I think a draw is a likely and acceptable result, with Neville, a loss (perhaps even a heavy one) without.

Hmmmmmm, the truth of the matter is that there was that Ngog DID dive and therefore no penalty should have been awarded.That's a bit like saying when a defender clears a shot off the line he stopped a certain goal and therefore a goal should have been awarded........

I think he took some diving lessons off a certain Steven Gerrard?? looks identical in the way that his arms are flung and his body arches...on the other hand, who knew Camerone Jerome could score goals like that haha.

Hmmmmmm, the truth of the matter is that there was that Ngog DID dive and therefore no penalty should have been awarded.

That's a bit like saying when a defender clears a shot off the line he stopped a certain goal and therefore a goal should have been awarded........

Of course he dived and I agree therefore it wasn't a penalty. I just think it's interesting to think what would've happened had he stayed on the ground; in a sense the dive didn't even help him because he would have been awarded the penalty anyway.

Guest blueboy122

Alritee Bluess!

I am attending this away match, as i have done for a few years now, however i was just wanting to find out where all the blues will be around the ground i mean in what pubs is there for away fans around the ground!

Cheers

Hmm, without the assurance of a water right defence I cant feel condident about this. Expecting a big red Backlash from the loss at Chelski.

comfortable 3-0 for Utd.

Having said that it could be the game that we need, the more senior and better players standing up and being counted. I.e Cahill, Fellaini, Distin...

COYB!

Edited by BlueNose1878

Hmm, without the assurance of a water right defence I cant feel condident about this. Expecting a big red Backlash from the loss at Chelski.

comfortable 3-0 for Utd.

Having said that it could be the game that we need, the more senior and better players standing up and being counted. I.e Cahill, Fellaini, Distin...

COYB!

... and another Neville season changing super tackle would do nicely!

Moyes will try to stifle United, as always at Old Trafford and when we go a goal down he won't be able to change the game. Negative response from me but honest, at best a draw but something like a comfortable 2-0 for United. I do hope I am totally wrong.

Agreed. We're not good enough to stifle United in truth, so I'm not sure why he does it.

Moyes will try to stifle United, as always at Old Trafford and when we go a goal down he won't be able to change the game. Negative response from me but honest, at best a draw but something like a comfortable 2-0 for United. I do hope I am totally wrong.

We could always stand off them and let them play there own game and lose 5-0!