IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

That's that out the window then. Still we should be looking for a big money proven striker and a young upcoming nippy striker.

Would be nice. Im desperately hoping these "poor performances" at the WC will lower Lukakus price tag to the generally accepted 15m mark.

I think Romelu has put an awful lot of pressure on himself to be honest, its not like Aguero has set the world cup alight - but he doesn't say soo much, nor does he throw tantrums.

Besides, I need asguero to start banging them in - got money on him.

I think Romelu has put an awful lot of pressure on himself to be honest, its not like Aguero has set the world cup alight - but he doesn't say soo much, nor does he throw tantrums.

Besides, I need asguero to start banging them in - got money on him.

Hate to break it to you, but I think Aguero is out for the rest of the WC with injury.

When I think of the sort of striker we need (as well as a target man/big fella ). I picture someone like Di Natalie (obviously someone similar in traits but younger), quick, good technique, one on one finisher.

I just wish Naismith had better technique. He'd be perfect. I think he's still got a big role to play next season. Let's not forget him.

Edited by MiguelCotto

But do we need a big target man? This one up top stuff, does it have to be a big target man?

I might be wrong here, but my impression of big target men is that you pound the ball up to them and they either flick it on or hold it up to bring other players in??? But we don't play that way? Or do we?

I always think that the sort we need is a pacey, agile racing snake! Or something like that!

As I've said all along, I also wouldn't be too upset if Lukaku did come. I am edgey if we blow most of our budget on him. So I'm in the 50-50 club.

But essentially for me, the lad needs to find some focus. And his parent club needs to help him with that by either moving him on, or giving him a go. A 3rd term out on loan is not going to benefit his mentality.

We won't know until Belgium are done in the WC.

Mirallas up top. I banged on about this last season and was slated after one game against west ham. Think we should really look at this as an option next season.

He started up top a couple of times and it didnt really work. He also started up top for Belgium and barely got involved. Mirallas isnt a striker, he doesnt have the game for it, certainly not as a sole striker, and I would much rather use him cutting inside. He can do a job as a second striker when needed but I couldnt see him scoring the 20 goals we need.

If not Lukaku I would like someone with great pace. They could do with finishing too, but real pace is always a threat.

not if you cant finish ;)

If we do sign Lukaku, I want him to be used as he was in the 1st half of the season, not the hold up target man. I want to see us play to his strengths all season long rather than change him into a player who is not comfortable.

not if you cant finish ;)

If we do sign Lukaku, I want him to be used as he was in the 1st half of the season, not the hold up target man. I want to see us play to his strengths all season long rather than change him into a player who is not comfortable.

Sometimes the opposition just don't allow that though. A player needs to improve his all round game, even if he has something he's exceptional at, for those occasions.

Sometimes the opposition just don't allow that though. A player needs to improve his all round game, even if he has something he's exceptional at, for those occasions.

not saying dont get him to be the target man occasionally, but he shouldnt be played like that as 1st choice.

I think this world cup is a big wake up call for him. Maybe he will stop shouting his mouth off and focus on becoming the player he thinks he is.

Football is an unforgiving game. Michael bridge, Alan Smith, Robbie Fowler, Stan collymore, all players who starred at first and lost their way. Injuries or whatever, you need to drain every last ounce of talent out at every game.

I think this world cup is a big wake up call for him. Maybe he will stop shouting his mouth off and focus on becoming the player he thinks he is.

Football is an unforgiving game. Michael bridge, Alan Smith, Robbie Fowler, Stan collymore, all players who starred at first and lost their way. Injuries or whatever, you need to drain every last ounce of talent out at every game.

when has he been shouting his mouth off?

The more I think about it the more I relies that if we did spend £20m and he puts some of the performances in he put in last year he's going to get a hard time of the fans.

The loan sort of gave him a blanket against criticism. £20m and he won't be able to hide.

telling press how he should be played and who should play with him, what team he feels he should play for. He's a pain in the arse. He even got involved in anelkas quenell scandal. Far too much to say.

Giving his opinion is mouthing off?!

Giving his opinion is mouthing off?!

Trying to use the media as a means of getting tactics changed to his preference, stating who he thinks should play and where is what I consider mouthing off.

Trying to defend a player who made an anti semetic gesture is being a prick of the highest order.

He is far too fond of giving his opinion. The likes of Joey Barton do shite like that and get slated.

Trying to use the media as a means of getting tactics changed to his preference, stating who he thinks should play and where is what I consider mouthing off.

Trying to defend a player who made an anti semetic gesture is being a prick of the highest order.

He is far too fond of giving his opinion. The likes of Joey Barton do shite like that and get slated.

so, if he's asked a question, he should stay quiet?

so, if he's asked a question, he should stay quiet?

Does someone inject him with sodium pentothal, strap him to a chair and hold a dictaphone to his face whilst saying.... "What do you think of Nicolas anelkas anti semetic gesture in support of a attention seeking knob head in France"

Or "hey lukaku, not really getting much joy at the moment in fact you are playing pretty shite, fancy telling us who is to blame?"

Like it or not Matt, he's been warned before now about running his mouth off, he plays for a team not himself. It's always when things aren't going well that he looks elsewhere to apportion the focus.

Does someone inject him with sodium pentothal, strap him to a chair and hold a dictaphone to his face whilst saying.... "What do you think of Nicolas anelkas anti semetic gesture in support of a attention seeking knob head in France"

Or "hey lukaku, not really getting much joy at the moment in fact you are playing pretty shite, fancy telling us who is to blame?"

Like it or not Matt, he's been warned before now about running his mouth off, he plays for a team not himself. It's always when things aren't going well that he looks elsewhere to apportion the focus.

:lol: I knew you'd look at the Anelka thing first. I was talking about the tactics, do you know how the Lukaku statement about Felli came about?. But again, speaking your mind about how you think the team could be improved is not mouthing off, it's giving an opinion. Edited by Matt

Clearly... His opinion counts for Jack shit unless he's in charge of team affairs. You seriously dragging this one out ?

You gonna be ok with players talking to the echo telling them that they should be played in certain tactics with certain players and who they deem to be the right club to buy them should they move????

You aren't so lets just stop this petty one, he's a bit of an ego who likes to get his own way.

Players should have respect for their managers decisions though.

Many top players and have been asked those sorts of questions many tines, and for the most part they respectfully say, "your going to have to ask the manager, he makes the delicious"

I will say that it is hard to be loyal when tour own club treat you the way he is treated though, so Chelsea have a lot to answer for his attitude.