IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I don't think there is any money in the bank Patto mate, I think that's the problem.

No. The problem is that we have no patience and speculate on things we know nothing about (unless someone has actually seen a bank statement). Everyone does it, the press does, Twitter is full of it, so I can maybe understand it, but maybe instead we should just let the club get on with their business and stop urging them to make impetuous and costly mistakes.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Sorry mate your wrong. If he signs today we start paying him a weekly was today, if he signs in six weeks time we start paying him in six weeks time. Either way his contract will end on the last day of June. Not exactly 12 months from the date he signs.

If we sign him at the end of the window and he's on 75k a week we can save about 375k if we wait until transfer deadline day.

Sorry mate your wrong. If he signs today we start paying him a weekly was today, if he signs in six weeks time we start paying him in six weeks time. Either way his contract will end on the last day of June. Not exactly 12 months from the date he signs.

If we sign him at the end of the window and he's on 75k a week we can save about 375k if we wait until transfer deadline day.

Maybe I am? But I would have thought if he signed a 5 year deal it would be 5 year deal whether it was now or the middle of December. 5 years (or however many) is 5 years. Unless all players contracts run out on a specific date?

No. The problem is that we have no patience and speculate on things we know nothing about (unless someone has actually seen a bank statement). Everyone does it, the press does, Twitter is full of it, so I can maybe understand it, but maybe instead we should just let the club get on with their business and stop urging them to make impetuous and costly mistakes.

And unless you have seen a bank statement yourself you have no idea what's there either do you and looking at the thing from the outside we 're as per usual being uber prudent which points to me that the account isn 't exactly healthy. Again just speculation but that's what it looks like to me. If paying an extra few million would have all our targets in and all on the pitch at the start of ghe season with a pre season to gel then that's money well spent as far as I'm concerned.

No, they tend to run them until the end of the season as a rule. Normally its the day before the window opens, making it the last day on June.

EG, McGeady signed a four and a half year deal in January, that will run until the summer. Most players get released at the end of the season, but they just keep paying them until the end of June.

There were rumours years back that Bill would withhold the transfer money until the last week of August to save on wages, wouldnt believe it so much though.

If paying an extra few million would have all our targets in and all on the pitch at the start of ghe season with a pre season to gel then that's money well spent as far as I'm concerned.

So you'd rather get a 15m striker in early July for 20m instead of a 22m striker in August for 20m?

Patience! It will work out in the end. :)

No, they tend to run them until the end of the season as a rule. Normally its the day before the window opens, making it the last day on June.

EG, McGeady signed a four and a half year deal in January, that will run until the summer. Most players get released at the end of the season, but they just keep paying them until the end of June.

There were rumours years back that Bill would withhold the transfer money until the last week of August to save on wages, wouldnt believe it so much though.

Then I stand corrected and Patto I apologise. But still I can't see for the sake of 350k Martinez would put up with not having a player in his side for the whole month of the start of the season missing vital games. If he did last season should learn him thAt lesson

So you'd rather get a 15m striker in early July for 20m instead of a 22m striker in August for 20m?

Patience! It will work out in the end. :)

No, I never said ghat. I would just rather us get the targets we have identified early and if that means paying a bit extra then so be it.

I think we would all rather the players were in before preseason training starts, but we knew at the end of the season we would be waiting for Rom. Roberto said he would see after the World Cup so he can focus on the Belgium team. If he's back in training this week maybe we'll find out soon.

I don't like the waiting game, but I understand why he's happy to do it. He won't want whichever striker that comes in feeling like they are second choice, but unfortunately if it's not Lukaku they will know that is the case.

So if theres no news on Lukaku there are other threads where ppl are discussing how Everton are fucking transfers up. I dont have to read them but everytime theres an update on the Besic and Lukaku threads i simply cant stay away. Only to be dissappointed to find the same discussions that im avoiding in other threads.

Have a little faith, players are joining Everton and for all the right reasons. Which is that RM wants them. I put my faith in the manager. Lets see what he comes up with :)

So if theres no news on Lukaku there are other threads where ppl are discussing how Everton are fucking transfers up. I dont have to read them but everytime theres an update on the Besic and Lukaku threads i simply cant stay away. Only to be dissappointed to find the same discussions that im avoiding in other threads.

Have a little faith, players are joining Everton and for all the right reasons. Which is that RM wants them. I put my faith in the manager. Lets see what he comes up with :)

Best to stick to SSN then mate.

Best to stick to SSN then mate.

Because i want to read about Lukaku news in a Lukaku thread? Nah, SSN have not posted much about him going to Everton lately. I just thought this might be a great place to post about Lukaku instead of Evertons general transfer dealings ;)

Just had a chat with a few people, and one for the conspiracy theorists amongst us.....

Everton to complete the signing of Lukaku just after the Chelsea game on the 30th August as Mouringo doesn't want him playing against them. Not too sure how much stock I would put in that though to be fair, but was an interesting thought with all the rumours about this and that being already agreed.

Edited by doc_bump

Just had a chat with a few people, and one for the conspiracy theorists amongst us.....

Everton to complete the signing of Lukaku just after the Chelsea game on the 30th August as Mouringo doesn't want him playing against them. Not too sure how much stock I would put in that though to be fair, but was an interesting thought with all the rumours about this and that being already agreed.

Very doubtful that's the case Doc

I really can not see a man like Martinez potentially risking our season for a last minute deal over a detail that can't be avoided as we play them again down the line plus we play Arsenal the week before who are likely to be more of a threat to Chelsea then ourselves so logically they would want them to drop points.

Mourinho obviously doesn't rate him to highly and if he was that intimidated at that possibility he'd be staying put.