IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Who have Belgium got in their games? A couple more goals for him would be nice.

Lukaka didn't play very well against Bosnia - substituted in the 82nd half minute.

Because Benteke was healthy against Cyprus, Lukaku started on the bench. Benteke was awful, so he was replaced at halftime by ... Origi (who has yet to play one minute for Liverpool IIRC).

... If you were hoping Lukaku would come back from this international break with a couple of goals under his belt and more confidence, guess again.

Edited by holystove

Excellent insight -http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-romelu-lukakus-first-coach-10036230

Haf will agree with some. Others will agree with the rest. I think it sums him up perfectly.

that makes sense why his touch is bad, he was rushed into playing and was doing so well that he didn't have the time and slow u-21's work to learn those skills. good article and insight.

I like playing golf, I love smacking the ball miles, I understand that I need to work on my short game but it's a bit boring. Therefore I will never be good at it.

I fear the same for Rom. He's only interested if he feels scoring is on the menu, some games require you to battle, press from the front, link up, it's not just gonna be ball over the top or splitting through defences.

I think the lad has been allowed to not have to work on the fundamentals and I said this 2 years ago and its been confirmed.

His touch was great today. Had a couple decent shots. The room Naisy got was from the space rom made. I thought he had a decent game.

Really??? Are we making allowances now? His work rate was ok, he surrendered possession too many times and his final ball was awful.

Other than that he didn't miscontrol as many basic passes. 6/10 for me. Kone and Naismith were miles ahead of him.

Really??? Are we making allowances now? His work rate was ok, he surrendered possession too many times and his final ball was awful.

Other than that he didn't miscontrol as many basic passes. 6/10 for me. Kone and Naismith were miles ahead of him.

Honestly had I agree with most of the stuff you say, you're a great poster. But you have such a hard on for romelu it blinds you. Just drop it. I thought he had a good game even though he didn't score.

I like playing golf, I love smacking the ball miles, I understand that I need to work on my short game but it's a bit boring. Therefore I will never be good at it.

I fear the same for Rom. He's only interested if he feels scoring is on the menu, some games require you to battle, press from the front, link up, it's not just gonna be ball over the top or splitting through defences.

I think the lad has been allowed to not have to work on the fundamentals and I said this 2 years ago and its been confirmed.

You were wrong about him 2 years ago and you are still wrong now

You were wrong about him 2 years ago and you are still wrong now

Really?

My judgment two years a ago that he was a player who due to being a big lad at a young never had to learn the fundamentals, that is proven by the words of his coach. So not sure how that's wrong. You been on the ale?

Really?

My judgment two years a ago that he was a player who due to being a big lad at a young never had to learn the fundamentals, that is proven by the words of his coach. So not sure how that's wrong. You been on the ale?

Haf sometimes when your opinion is completely different to everyone else's have you ever considered the possibility that just maybe you have got it wrong?

Haf sometimes when your opinion is completely different to everyone else's have you ever considered the possibility that just maybe you have got it wrong?

It was my opinion at the time, that opinion has been reaffirmed as fact.

Just like it has always been my opinion that Phillip Green has a heavy influence over the ownership of our club...

But I have been wrong many a time, that's ok.

Edited by Hafnia

Spot on. Your wonder boy Wilfred bony is done fuck all for man city since arriving. And you slate Lukaku. SMH

Do you pass your phone to a 12 year old to reply for you every now and then?

Bony is a far more accomplished forward btw he's back up to the best striker in the prem and has had an injury. Why the fuck I felt the need to explain that I do not know.

As far as today's game goes, I thought Rom's first touch was better and he was dangerous on a couple of occassions. He didn't get a goal, but he forced what should have been an indirect free kick inside the box from John Terry's back pass. He controlled the ball well and used his strength well. I know he's inconsistent but I think that will come as he matures as a player. I love the guy even though I see that sometimes he doesn't play up to his potential.

I know it was an excuse used last year, but he's still silly young. He's not in his prime yet and the best strikers can be productive for a long time (Drogba is a good example). I hope he's an Everton player for years.

Do you pass your phone to a 12 year old to reply for you every now and then?

Bony is a far more accomplished forward btw he's back up to the best striker in the prem and has had an injury. Why the fuck I felt the need to explain that I do not know.

Far more accomplished? How? He's sat on the bench and doesn't score when he plays. Juxtapose that to rom who starts and scores. The intangibles don't matter, you can't win a game because your touch and channel running were better, you Win on goals which rom scores. I agree with most the stuff you post you're intelligent and write good stuff but your ideas on Lukaku are mental.

I only remember kone putting in one cross and that header..Other than that I remember him giving the ball away, running into traffic and fannying around too close to our box. Rom wasn't brilliant but certainly didn't strike me as being so bad to be singled out.

Certainly not Lukakus best game, but I thought he was pretty tightly marked today (yesterday), Naismith made the most of the extra space and made Chelsea pay big time.Lukaku didn't score toady, but played his part in a good performance by the whole team and a great result.

There will be games where Naismith will not get a look in and Lukaku will step up to the mark, I hope opponents will be shitting themselves, just who to watch!.......Lukaku will probably always draw the better central defender and will be the one who they double up on, it will take him another year or two before he's at his best with this kind of attention.

Naismith, Lukaku, Mirallas, Kone......who cares who scores the goals.

Some of Lukakus link up play against Chelsea was very good, I'd say better than Kone's.......but the hero of Yesterday was Naismith without a doubt.

A class performance from an underated player.

What made Rom look bad today was the Chelsea defenders were letting him have his first touch....then stepping in front of him and taking the loose ball.

Believe it or not, Rom could learn from Ross here.

Ross keeps the ball at length from hos body but uses his strength to stop players from stepping past him. It makes it very difficult to intercept.

But again, as bad as heblooked today, he still managed three shots on target.

As long as he is shooting he should be given time to work on the rest of his game.

What made Rom look bad today was the Chelsea defenders were letting him have his first touch....then stepping in front of him and taking the loose ball.

Believe it or not, Rom could learn from Ross here.

Ross keeps the ball at length from hos body but uses his strength to stop players from stepping past him. It makes it very difficult to intercept.

But again, as bad as heblooked today, he still managed three shots on target.

As long as he is shooting he should be given time to work on the rest of his game.

Exactly, he wasn't retaining the ball at all. Barkley had the ball "shoulder diameter" every time... Basically if you have the ball within that 1 metre after your touch the defender can't get it, you can set your feet and its within an area where it is difficult to knock you off balance.

At this level allowing the ball to move from your own body space is not enough. Mourinho allowed lukaku to leave because he can't retain possession - it is his primary bug bear.

I must have slipped into the twilight zone. Lukaku had a bad game? He didn't have as good a game as the likes of Stones, Naismith, Barry etc but a bad game? No. He had a good game. He won aerial balls, he held the ball up well, he linked up play well also. All things that it's said he's bad at.

I didn't see a player that had the ball taken from due to a bad first touch at all. I saw a player that was desperate to prove something against his old club and probably tried too hard to do that, so instead of passing to a team mate who was in a better position when he had the ball he'd run with it and THEN be dispossessed. Nothing to do with his first touch.

Put it this way: I had much more cause to grumble at things Barkley, Kone and McCarthy did than Lukaku.

Edited by Romey 1878

I must have slipped into the twilight zone. Lukaku had a bad game? He didn't have as good a game as the likes of Stones, Naismith, Barry etc but a bad game? No. He had a good game. He won aerial balls, he held the ball up well, he linked up play well also. All things that it's said he's bad at.

I didn't see a player that had the ball taken from due to a bad first touch at all. I saw a player that was desperate to prove something against his old club and probably tried too hard to do that, so instead of passing to a team mate who was in a better position when he had the ball he'd run with it and THEN be dispossessed. Nothing to do with his first touch.

Put it this way: I had much more cause to grumble at things Barkley, Kone and McCarthy did than Lukaku.

Spot on.

Sorry guys but Iust also he in twilight zone too.

I sit on the fence with Rom.

But first half especially he was pretty bad.

To me he didn't hold the ball up well at all. It came to him, he controlled it, defender took it.

I didn't see him win much in the air either. I will watch it again to see of i am missing something so at least I can be fair.

Second half I thought he was better. I said in the match thread....he wasn't having a good game but had a period in the second half where he had three attempts on target.

Edited by Shukes

Didn't do enough on Saturday really, but while other players are scoring the goals and we pick up the points I can let it go. Needs a goal and performance next week for me.

I think I've been in the "forget the goals, I want to see who you are as a footballer" for a long time.

At the moment I feel very shortchanged. It's like he has a choice as to what he's gonna do in terms of effort, the pantomime villain ballotelli did this but didn't get away with it. Rom tries to be a little too cute.

I will be the first to say it when he has a great performance, sadly they are few and far between. It's a repetitive pattern. I said after the Southampton game that I doubt we will see a similar level of performance until he drops tools enough to get a bollocking. Well let's just say that it's around the corner.

I admire the people who support him through his bad games, but ffs he can't keep getting away with 7/10 effort games because his control looked a bit better.

Watched a fair few football round ups and greatest ever shows recently. The best strikers took two touches if it wasn't put away with their first. Their first touch always putting them in a position to shoot. Till he gets that he is going to be one dimensional.

Not much was said about Naismith touch for his 3rd. Awesome and made it look simple.