IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Yeah it should be a piece f piss finding a prolific goal scorer who doesn't want to play in the Champions League

Prolific? I'd say sporadic. He has scored decent number and if I had time I think I could do patternal analysis.

I think I've seen he is a 4 on 4 off player with some variances.

Prolific? I'd say sporadic. He has scored decent number and if I had time I think I could do patternal analysis.

I think I've seen he is a 4 on 4 off player with some variances.

Yes prolific, he has scored 61 goals in 127 appearances , whether you like it or not that is near enough a 1 in 2 ratio, which playing for a club like Everton is pretty damn prolific

I get that people think he has disrespected the club and should therefore go, in fact I agree with that, however some of the shit being spouted today is going way beyond talking bollocks

He only scores against sit teams? Really?????

He has scored against The Shite, Chelsea, Man City , Man Utd and Arsenal , please for the love of God tell me who the fucking hell there is left to score against?

As for Yakubu he did the same thing at Everton that he did at every club he ever played for, he came in and did brilliantly for 12 months and then became the biggest oxygen thief to ever pull on the jersey. He personified lazy and took it to a whole new level

Yes prolific, he has scored 61 goals in 127 appearances , whether you like it or not that is near enough a 1 in 2 ratio, which playing for a club like Everton is pretty damn prolific

I get that people think he has disrespected the club and should therefore go, in fact I agree with that, however some of the shit being spouted today is going way beyond talking bollocks

He only scores against sit teams? Really?????

He has scored against The Shite, Chelsea, Man City , Man Utd and Arsenal , please for the love of God tell me who the fucking hell there is left to score against?

As for Yakubu he did the same thing at Everton that he did at every club he ever played for, he came in and did brilliantly for 12 months and then became the biggest oxygen thief to ever pull on the jersey. He personified lazy and took it to a whole new level

Did you miss my post earlier about the number of goals scored against st the traditional top 6? Poor... very poor.

He is a flat track bully.

Did you miss my post earlier about the number of goals scored against st the traditional top 6? Poor... very poor.

He is a flat track bully.

Based on this season were he has had shite behind him in midfield. Hatrick against United, how many others have done that in the prem?

Amazing use of stats... Let's just make enough restrictions that I can be right.

Lukaku is one of only a few to bag a hatrick against United. Doesn't matter because he's from a shit league in Belgium and he never scored for the last 8 games for us. Yes, we were utter dogshit, but Lukaku not scoring is because he's lazy ect not because I'm too much of a girl pants to hold my hand up. Oh yea he's being a right bellend atm to push a move as well. How dare he want a move to a title challenging team from one that's finished in the bottom half 2 seasons running. Fucking unbelievable.

At last you are starting to see it our way.

I totally agree with you.

Who does he think he is that he can buy a title?

You played shit for a shit team mate....grow some balls and fight to prove yourself.

Worst outcome for me is that man C buy him, win the league and he scores a few.

I'm his head it will be because he is great...when realistically it's because he got carried through by a title winning team.

Hating the

..Oh I'm not good enough here, better move on so I look better.

"I am an ambitious guy, I want to win trophies, like all other players handled by Mino, like Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic."

That sounds like something he's repeated after being hypnotised by the agent. I almost sprained my eyes rolling them.

I hope to fuck he's gone before the first friendly at Goodison or we ought to run him out to another country ourselves, stoning him for the whole journey.

As an evertonian for more than sixty years I've never come to hate one of our players so much.

But has he really ever been one of our players ?? I don't think Everton has ever been in his heart. It's good riddance for me and as soon as possible.

Edited by Bill

Goals are goals yes.... but in all honesty let's look at how many of his 119 club goals have been scored against decent sides?

Well you can pretty much discount his 40 odd anderlecht goals... unless teams that would struggle to exist in league one count.

If we have the money to go out and spend £28m on a Jansenn, then I do not think we will miss lukaku in the slightest.

Just wanted to point out that by your logic, Janssen has scored 0 goals in his carreer. Why would you spend 28m on that?

Edited by holystove

Just wanted to point out that by your logic, Janssen has scored 0 goals in his carreer. Why would you spend 28m on that?

Given the fact that I have repeatedly stated that I don't just judge strikers on their goal stats it's very appropriate and I think your argument actually supports my stance.

I judge strikers on their ability to finish, their technical skills, intelligence, the work rate... so back to jansenn have I said "let's sign him because he has scored x goals" no I haven't. I have watched him play and he impresses.

Good enough?

Edited by Hafnia

Given the fact that I have repeatedly stated that I don't just judge strikers on their goal stats it's very appropriate and I think your argument actually supports my stance.

I judge strikers on their ability to finish, their technical skills, intelligence, the work rate... so back to jansenn have I said "let's sign him because he has scored x goals" no I haven't. I have watched him play and he impresses.

Good enough?

Have you seen that Janssen has said that he is "ambitious and wants to make a move" and that a move to PSV or Ajax "is being made impossible" by AZ asking for 15 million euro's (about 11.5 million pounds, so let's hope Everton don't pay them 28m)?

Have you seen that Janssen has said that he is "ambitious and wants to make a move" and that a move to PSV or Ajax "is being made impossible" by AZ asking for 15 million euro's (about 11.5 million pounds, so let's hope Everton don't pay them 28m)?

Well for a start I don't like players piping up like that. But that seems cheap.

Given the fact that I have repeatedly stated that I don't just judge strikers on their goal stats* it's very appropriate and I think your argument actually supports my stance.

*Unless they are against the top 6, in a season of my choosing.

Good enough?

That's true, but you also ignore important stats for strikers too

Well for a start I don't like players piping up like that. But that seems cheap.

So his actions are excusable because he's cheap? Or is it just the sentence structure that's confusing me?

Edited by Matt

That's true, but you also ignore important stats for strikers too

So his actions are excusable because he's cheap? Or is it just the sentence structure that's confusing me?

His actions aren't excusable. His price is cheap.

The most important judgement of a striker is made with the eyes... unfortunately unless people put clips up of his semi final debacle they will make out his touch etc isn't that bad and his goal tally speaks for itself.

My opinion is that he struggles against canny centre halves... the stats prove that. If the stats didn't would it change my opinion? Maybe... but they don't.

Ah, thanks for clarifying :) I was going to say that if he's cheap we'll ignore the fact that he's mouthing off to the press to push for a bigger move which would be the definition of double standard.

Aaah, the semi-final again, the one we got to (where nearly everyone was shit) because of Roms quarter final performance. People just ignore that unless someone puts a youtube clip up to remind them (I won't bother though ;) ) because it's convenient to ignore it...

He's still not the finished article, he won't hit his peak for another 5 years most likely, but he still scores. We will miss him, and by him I mean his goals and play, not his attitude.

He's still not the finished article, he won't hit his peak for another 5 years most likely, but he still scores

That's quite interesting, I thought the general thinking was that most strikers peak around 25.

When do you see Harry Kane peaking? His improvement seems to be exponential compared to Rom.

What do people expect him to improve on in the next 5 years?

In the last 3 years he hasn't improved that much. His touch maybe ever so slightly... other than that he's still jumping under balls, balls still bounce off him, it doesn't bode well.

Edited by Hafnia