IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

It's not an illusion, it's an opinion based on facts which is different to yours. Not sure why you're resorting to be condescending.

It's called matching tones Matt... if he wants to tell me to "listen" like a condesceding sod then he will get a dose back.

A main all plundering goalscorer is an illusion unless there is a clear correlation between 25 goals = top 4 or whatever. Alan shearer.... 1 medal despite being a goal machine.

It doesn't always work that way and certainly doesn't if a team has to accommodate a striker who finds himself "isolated" against better teams. Like I have said a million times "how does he find himself isolated".... He does this by not being able to win his duels enough and to hold on to the ball well enough to bring the advancing midfielders into play. He does this by not pressing hard enough when the defence has the ball.

He likes to wind people up and get a reaction, it's an attention thing I think. Nothing better to do than sit on a forum and disagree with people.

Attention? You have got to be the most sickening spineless popularity fawning poster that there is. Helmet polishing indeed.

Get a grip.

Btw managed to do these posts after 18 holes of golf... one or two whilst taking a dump, one after having a shower.... off out now - will probably post a few more whilst wife drives. Mobile technology eh

Edited by Hafnia

Attention? You have got to be the most sickening spineless popularity fawning poster that there is. Helmet polishing indeed.

Get a grip.

Btw managed to do these posts after 18 holes of golf... one or two whilst taking a dump, one after having a shower.... off out now - will probably post a few more whilst wife drives. Mobile technology eh

Bless you, proving yourself.

I don't give a shit what you've done today you mook, you're full of shit why would I even believe that? ?

It's called matching tones Matt... if he wants to tell me to "listen" like a condesceding sod then he will get a dose back.

A main all plundering goalscorer is an illusion unless there is a clear correlation between 25 goals = top 4 or whatever. Alan shearer.... 1 medal despite being a goal machine.

It doesn't always work that way and certainly doesn't if a team has to accommodate a striker who finds himself "isolated" against better teams. Like I have said a million times "how does he find himself isolated".... He does this by not being able to win his duels enough and to hold on to the ball well enough to bring the advancing midfielders into play. He does this by not pressing hard enough when the defence has the ball.

Shearer gets asked why he never went to United all the time. No one asks Rooney why he left us. Lukaku has no loyalty to us, and give us more than Rooney.

Enjoy him whilst he's here, rather than get bitter before the inevitable move to a challenging team happens.

Bless you, proving yourself.

I don't give a shit what you've done today you mook, you're full of shit why would I even believe that? ?

Just thought I'd let you know considering you took time to consider me and my life or lack of it... remember it's a forum - we can all pretend to be something that we aren't.... if we were that way inclined. Don't think many of us are.

What's a mook? Is it like saying bantz?

Just thought I'd let you know considering you took time to consider me and my life or lack of it... remember it's a forum - we can all pretend to be something that we aren't.... if we were that way inclined. Don't think many of us are.

What's a mook? Is it like saying bantz?

What do you mean by "that way inclined"?

Not to pick Matt but it's not based on any fact is it?

A goalscorer doesn't guaranteed CL, that is a fact.

The two of them have kinda gone sideways with this argument. The point is that a striker who scores twenty goals doesn't guarantee CL, though it helps.

We would miss Lukaku if he left no doubt. But it's not the end of the world as could change our system to accommodate other players.

Not to pick Matt but it's not based on any fact is it?

A goalscorer doesn't guaranteed CL, that is a fact.

The two of them have kinda gone sideways with this argument. The point is that a striker who scores twenty goals doesn't guarantee CL, though it helps.

We would miss Lukaku if he left no doubt. But it's not the end of the world as could change our system to accommodate other players.

the fact is he's responsible for 60% of our goals, goals win games and winning games gets you CL. Not that complicated.

the fact is he's responsible for 60% of our goals, goals win games and winning games gets you CL. Not that complicated.

Not disagreeing with that.

Just pointing out that it doesn't guarantee CL.

I think that's the point Haf is trying to make.

Fact is that if they did.... we would be in the champions league positions.

Not disagreeing with that.

Just pointing out that it doesn't guarantee CL.

I think that's the point Haf is trying to make.

Fact is that if they did.... we would be in the champions league positions.

i understand that, but where are the goals going to come from when he leaves? I honestly can't see anyone stepping up enough and the suggestions for replacements are mostly laughable or complete unknowns.

The clue is the words just before it "that on a forum we can all pretend to be something we arent".... if you are that way inclined.

So what are you suggesting I'm pretending to be?

Go on, let's have it in clear writing, none of this cryptic shit be a man and tell me what you are suggesting.

So what are you suggesting I'm pretending to be?

Go on, let's have it in clear writing, none of this cryptic shit be a man and tell me what you are suggesting.

In all your rage you need to start reading and digesting posts a bit better....

You stated that I'm full of shit and that I'm trying to prove myself and you don't believe me.... correct????

To which I replied.... It's a forum - we can all pretend to be something that we aren't if you are that way inclined.

Go and have a beer and celebrate the win ffs. Must admit your response was a bit puzzling - hit a nerve without even searching for one there.

Edited by Hafnia

In all your rage you need to start reading and digesting posts a bit better....

You stated that I'm full of shit and that I'm trying to prove myself and you don't believe me.... correct????

To which I replied.... It's a forum - we can all pretend to be something that we aren't if you are that way inclined.

Go and have a beer and celebrate the win ffs.

"You need to start reading and digesting posts a bit better." Hahaha wow that is rich!

Jesus you are more dilluded than I thought.

We should be talking about supplementing him, with other players stepping up. Whether they're the players already here or by bringing in others. He's a fantastic talent and with other (more) talented players around him he'd only get better. We'll find that out when he more than likely leaves in the summer. I'll hate to see it as well.

Yes, we will be ok if/when he goes but our job would be a whole lot easier if he stays. He's settled into the club, he scores goals for fun etc etc and anyone that comes in isn't guaranteed to hit the ground running and just slot in. They may never do and we'll need to look elsewhere again. We might get lucky and we don't feel any pain but the best solution for us would be if he stayed.

Anyway. He was pretty lacklustre today but him rolling his man and absolutely smashing the ball into the net was gorgeous.