IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Yes... and I'm sure it will happen again. It's how things go sometimes for strikers.

As per my posts around Feb I was praising rom for his games that didn't involve scoring. That element of application has since gone missing.

I actually expect him to have a huge game today.

:)

He's one of many young men who happen to be footballers who realise that a little bit of their time can mean so much to someone. Nothing but respect for someone who makes the effort to improve a child's life, even if just for a moment. Much more meaningful than a game of football.

He's one of many young men who happen to be footballers who realise that a little bit of their time can mean so much to someone. Nothing but respect for someone who makes the effort to improve a child's life, even if just for a moment. Much more meaningful than a game of football.

This.

Not really sure what it is you are saying here Dunc?

Are you saying that a footballer can't be a lazy, moaning, petulant diva on the pitch because he carries out his social duties?

No I'm not , I'm saying there doesn't seem to be much wrong with his attitude, something you are always slamming him for

For the record I don't think he is a lazy, moaning , petulant diva either [emoji1303]

No I'm not , I'm saying there doesn't seem to be much wrong with his attitude, something you are always slamming him for

For the record I don't think he is a lazy, moaning , petulant diva either [emoji1303]

I'd love to know why he spends his time moaning at the younger lads whilst contributing the square root of fuck all.

Mario ballotelli has given almost half his wages away to charity since his a.c. Milan days....

I rest my case.

Edited by Hafnia

I'd love to know why he spends his time moaning at the younger lads whilst contributing the square root of fuck all.

Mario ballotelli has given almost half his wages away to charity since his a.c. Milan days....

I rest my case.

Ha ha that is an absolutely ridiculous statement even by your standards

He is the leagues leading goal scorer yet you believe he has contributed the square root of fuck all

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ha ha that is an absolutely ridiculous statement even by your standards

He is the leagues leading goal scorer yet you believe he has contributed the square root of fuck all

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm talking about the games where he's doing fuck all but finding the energy to moan at Tom Davies and DLC... unless that escaped your attention.

See poor little lookman last week?

I'm talking about attitude...im talking about that very thing that made Williams and Baines lose their shit with him.

But... as ever his goal tally is used as a means of defending him.

I take it you were half cut when you made that post last night?

Edited by Hafnia

Seen plenty of this well prior to our game, the majority of United fans I know or have seen post on social media have similar thoughts on him more so the Chelsea lot

Then again they will only really see him in small doses and take note of his off days

Edited by EFC-Paul

I hope the trend continues.

Hopefully they all feel like this, and like Conte.

That way no one will pay for him and we'll keep him.

I'd sooner have had him somehow justify the inflated fee that has been bandied around and get the dosh in.

It seems that every year at the back end of winter he pipes up about ambitions elsewhere and then plays shite till the end of the season and or plays gash is the international tournaments.

Out of the 11 fixtures against the top 6 sides this season... he has been pretty shite in most of them. 9 out of 11 of them has seen him score blanks.

I understand it's due to isolation and the other 10 players being awful and us not giving him chances on a plate but hey ho. Ultimately he will be putting off his future buyers. After all

..they have strikers Who can bang in a few goals against the shit teams - it's the fixtures against the big teams that they want to see who can make the difference.

Edited by Hafnia

I honestly cannot be arsed with a summer of speculation about him. If he's going- fuck him off early to the highest bidder and move on. The thought of a long drawn out summer of speculation and chinese whispers over him makes me feel queasy.

I just can't take much more of it and I don't mean this thread either, I just mean the whole saga, I'm sick to the fucking bastard back teeth of it all.

lol esk must be reading this forum and haf's posts.

He didn't include the preceding 6 prem seasons for some reason.... maybe it's because Kevin Phillips, Dion Dublin, shearer etc were in there and all their sides were outside top 4.

Not much support for his views on the Twitter responses. Greg okeefe says Michael ball has done an article... the lad speaks a lot of sense usually so will be interesting to read. Loved Michael ball as a player... that last game ofbthecseason against Coventry hevwas outstanding.

He didn't include the preceding 6 prem seasons for some reason.... maybe it's because Kevin Phillips, Dion Dublin, shearer etc were in there and all their sides were outside top 4.

Not much support for his views on the Twitter responses. Greg okeefe says Michael ball has done an article... the lad speaks a lot of sense usually so will be interesting to read. Loved Michael ball as a player... that last game ofbthecseason against Coventry hevwas outstanding.

16 years is a long time and the game has changed a lot since then, maybe that's why.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/romelu-lukaku-made-easy-chelseas-12971865

Spot on and he gives great insight as to why lukakus positioning is so poor.

He makes it so difficult for players to pass to him. All this isolated bollocks is just that.... bollocks. He isolates himself.

4 goals in last 33 appearances vs top 6?! Surely thats not right.

Edited by Hafnia

Or maybe he left the other 6 years out because he's the first to do it in 16 years.

It makes sense actually... the top 4 primarily gets defined by head to head games between the top 6 clubs. Of which we have been awful in and so has he as per the Michael ball article.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/romelu-lukaku-made-easy-chelseas-12971865

I wonder of these top scorers in the past 16 years... how did they do vs top 6 teams? Probably alrigjt is my guess.

Edited by Hafnia

It's impossible to prove either way (unless it happens of course) but I'd love to see Lukaku in our team with more creative attacking midfielders/wingers.

Hazard/Pedro/Willian

Sanchez/Ozil

Erickson/Son/Lamela

Mata/Mhkatarian

Coutinho/Lallana/Firminho/Mane

Sane/De Brunye/Sterling

Moan all we want about Lukaku, Koeman, keepers, etc but here's where the money is spent at the clubs ahead of us. We need to strengthen other areas this summer but if we can get players on par with the names above then that's what will propel us to the next level.

Edited by c1982

It makes sense actually... the top 4 primarily gets defined by head to head games between the top 6 clubs. Of which we have been awful in and so has he as per the Michael ball article.

I wonder of these top scorers in the past 16 years... how did they do vs top 6 teams? Probably alrigjt is my guess.

My guess is not too great. Hopefully next season we can add a player or two who can chip in from midfield on a consistent basis.

Look at players like Ali, Eriksn, sigurdson, pedro etc, we need someone whose not afraid to have a shot!

On that note my first choice would be sigurdson, I know he didn't live up to expectations at Spurs but he's been class the past 2 or 3 seasons at Swansea.

It's impossible to prove either way (unless it happens of course) but I'd love to see Lukaku in our team with more creative attacking midfielders/wingers.

Hazard/Pedro/Willian

Sanchez/Ozil

Erickson/Son/Lamela

Mata/Mhkatarian

Coutinho/Lallana/Firminho/Mane

Sane/De Brunye/Sterling

Moan all we want about Lukaku, Koeman, keepers, etc but here's where the money is spent at the clubs ahead of us. We need to strengthen other areas this summer but if we can get players on par with the names above then that's what will propel us to the next level.

Just watch him play for Belgium with Hazard and Debruyne playing behind him. Doesnt make Rom look good, tbh.

Just watch him play for Belgium with Hazard and Debruyne playing behind him. Doesnt make Rom look good, tbh.

Fair enough but international football is different in the way that these players aren't playing together week in and week out. His goal scoring record is still decent enough despite this.