IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Really? United scored 68 goals that season... only 6 shy of Spurs... Harry Kane got 30 goals. 

Do United play attacking football and create just as many chances as Spurs? The way Mou sets up relies on the midfield to get the goals, Lampard tended to be top scorer for Chelsea under him. United didn't even consider Kane, take away Eriksen and all he can do is score pens. You think Kane would get 30 at United? More than any striker under Mourinho ever has? Better than Drogba? 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Do United play attacking football and create just as many chances as Spurs? The way Mou sets up relies on the midfield to get the goals, Lampard tended to be top scorer for Chelsea under him. United didn't even consider Kane, take away Eriksen and all he can do is score pens. You think Kane would get 30 at United? More than any striker under Mourinho ever has? Better than Drogba? 

Whatever football United play it ended up with them scoring just 6 goals shy of super attacking spurs.... so I'm really not sure how your point stands up.  If they scored just 6 goals less than United - how does that qualify lukaku scoring 14 goals less than Kane?  It doesn't. 

The next highest goalscorer after Lukaku was martial on 9 who plays the left role in the attacking front 3 with lingaard on the right with 8.  You need to add all 3 of the tallies up to beat Kane.

Fact is Pete....  I've called lukaku for what he was always gonna be since 5 months into his time with us.   Kane whether you like it or not is not a one season wonder which is what you called him... he's a multiple golden boot winner who also won a golden boot on the world's biggest stage.  

Look at the comments from United fans regarding the two players.... they are gutted with Lukaku and wish they went all out £200m for Kane. 

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

Whatever football United play it ended up with them scoring just 6 goals shy of super attacking spurs.... so I'm really not sure how your point stands up.  If they scored just 6 goals less than United - how does that qualify lukaku scoring 14 goals less than Kane?  It doesn't. 

The next highest goalscorer after Lukaku was martial on 9 who plays the left role in the attacking front 3 with lingaard on the right with 8.  You need to add all 3 of the tallies up to beat Kane.

Fact is Pete....  I've called lukaku for what he was always gonna be since 5 months into his time with us.   Kane whether you like it or not is not a one season wonder which is what you called him... he's a multiple golden boot winner who also won a golden boot on the world's biggest stage.  

Look at the comments from United fans regarding the two players.... they are gutted with Lukaku and wish they went all out £200m for Kane. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Fuck me what a joke of an argument we’ve got Tosun now much better striker my arse, Lukaku would be filling his boots if he was here now not sat on the bench. 

The fat prick would be filling his face more likely.  Not missed.... a bad apple, and all this romanticising about him linking up with richarlison and Bernard is hilarious.  He can't play football.... those lads are futsol/touch players. He would drive them nuts. 

52 minutes ago, hafnia said:

The fat prick would be filling his face more likely.  Not missed.... a bad apple, and all this romanticising about him linking up with richarlison and Bernard is hilarious.  He can't play football.... those lads are futsol/touch players. He would drive them nuts. 

But he scored goals for us, yes his first touch is poor, yes he forced a move away, but the fact remains that he is a natural goal scorer. Something we currently lack.

53 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Goals win games mate players who regularly put the ball in the net cost money 90 million plus those that don’t 25 million no comparison really. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Did you even read my post? Mourinho has different tactics, drogba never got 30. Are you saying Harry Kane would have bagged 30 for united? 

As for the team goals, united have spread them possibly corners ect I don't know I can't remember every goal but the style of play and statistics show Mourinho exists more goals from the whole team. I do remember Kane getting and missing a lot more chances than Lukaku who mostly fed off scraps scoring and assisting more varied goals than one fit shoot on sight Kane.

I think most would agree spurs attack more than united and if anything it just shows that Kane must have missed a hell of a lot for spurs only to have 8 more goals than a united that got the piss took out of them all season for being too defensive 'parking the bus '. 

We said it the last season Lukaku was here he was on his own sometimes no one was closer than 20 yards to him no width fuck all yet he managed to score goals and create chances. 

Haf you have said Tosun is everything a striker should be and Lukaku everything a striker shouldn’t be, that my friend I struggle to get my head round one is a proven goal scorer and one isn’t. 

If every manager was given an opportunity as a free pick of Lukaku or Tosun they would go for Lukaku, show me one who would pick Tosun and I would show you a liar or idiot. 

4 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

The lad did well for us 

No denying the lad can finish 

Has a very poor and petulant attitude

Piss poor first touch 

Pretty much needs the ball played right Infront of him for the most part

Does well for Belgium due to the quality they have around him but you can't take it away from him he puts it away for them

United are a very disjointed side so that could play a part in his downturn in form 

Couldn't give a fuck he's elsewhere let his career take its own course

The end.

:worship:

17 hours ago, pete0 said:

Did you even read my post? Mourinho has different tactics, drogba never got 30. Are you saying Harry Kane would have bagged 30 for united? 

As for the team goals, united have spread them possibly corners ect I don't know I can't remember every goal but the style of play and statistics show Mourinho exists more goals from the whole team. I do remember Kane getting and missing a lot more chances than Lukaku who mostly fed off scraps scoring and assisting more varied goals than one fit shoot on sight Kane.

I think most would agree spurs attack more than united and if anything it just shows that Kane must have missed a hell of a lot for spurs only to have 8 more goals than a united that got the piss took out of them all season for being too defensive 'parking the bus '. 

Drogba never got 30?  Haha.... is 27, 28 or 29 a poor effort???  He got 33 in 60 games for him 

Zlatan got 29 in 47 games for him.  Ronaldo 60 in 55 games.....

Ask any fan in the prem who would they want.    Lukaku or Kane and I think you will find the results staggeringly in favour of Kane.  Y9u try and make the case that Kane misses loads of chances.  I think you will find it's lukaku with that rep 

5 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Drogba never got 30?  Haha.... is 27, 28 or 29 a poor effort???  He got 33 in 60 games for him 

Zlatan got 29 in 47 games for him.  Ronaldo 60 in 55 games.....

Ask any fan in the prem who would they want.    Lukaku or Kane and I think you will find the results staggeringly in favour of Kane.  Y9u try and make the case that Kane misses loads of chances.  I think you will find it's lukaku with that rep 

He averaged less than 20. Why would you compare La Liga to the prem Aspas couldn't get double figures here but got 20 over there. Much easier league. Stick to the prem, Mou has enough seasons here for it to be an accurate picture. 

For the third time Mr Trump, so you think Kane would have got 30 at united last season?

Lukaku has a reputation, yet you remember every miss, which is a sign that they're not actually that frequent. Yet Kane misses every game just spurs give him way more chances so the misses go forgotten. Explain why attacking Spurs only scored a few more than park the bus United?

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

He averaged less than 20. Why would you compare La Liga to the prem Aspas couldn't get double figures here but got 20 over there. Much easier league. Stick to the prem, Mou has enough seasons here for it to be an accurate picture. 

For the third time Mr Trump, so you think Kane would have got 30 at united last season?

Lukaku has a reputation, yet you remember every miss, which is a sign that they're not actually that frequent. Yet Kane misses every game just spurs give him way more chances so the misses go forgotten. Explain why attacking Spurs only scored a few more than park the bus United?

I do love your "made up" arguments.... last season Harry Kane was the 9th most efficient chance converter in Europe....

Twice as likely to shoot as lukaku and twice as likely to score.  35% of his shots actually come from outside the box yet his conversion rate is on a par with Lukaku who literally only takes shots inside the box. Hardly surprising as he can't get his head over them. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11479251/premier-league-forwards-romelu-lukaku-harry-kane-mohamed-salah-and-more-compared

I'll take Kane all day long thank you very much and yes.... he would bag goals galore for United as he's a hungry fucker who doesn't go hiding against better sides. He can also retain the ball and get involved in first and second phases of attacks. 

Anyone who would take lukaku over Kane is quite frankly full of shit or just not very smart. 

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

I do love your "made up" arguments.... last season Harry Kane was the 9th most efficient chance converter in Europe....

Twice as likely to shoot as lukaku and twice as likely to score.  35% of his shots actually come from outside the box yet his conversion rate is on a par with Lukaku who literally only takes shots inside the box. Hardly surprising as he can't get his head over them. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11479251/premier-league-forwards-romelu-lukaku-harry-kane-mohamed-salah-and-more-compared

I'll take Kane all day long thank you very much and yes.... he would bag goals galore for United as he's a hungry fucker who doesn't go hiding against better sides. He can also retain the ball and get involved in first and second phases of attacks. 

Anyone who would take lukaku over Kane is quite frankly full of shit or just not very smart. 

I'll not bother asking again, is it strawmanning if you just ignore inconvenient facts and argue about something else? 

The fact you would pick indicates he's shite. You rate post injury Benteke and Origi above Lukaku and more recently Tosun. Striker wise you've got to have the worst record on here, if you were in charge you would've spunked £50m on Rashford and bought the likes of Santa Cruz and Bony in the past. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

I'll not bother asking again, is it strawmanning if you just ignore inconvenient facts and argue about something else? 

The fact you would pick indicates he's shite. You rate post injury Benteke and Origi above Lukaku and more recently Tosun. Striker wise you've got to have the worst record on here, if you were in charge you would've spunked £50m on Rashford and bought the likes of Santa Cruz and Bony in the past. 

Pete.... seriously now.  If you even want to retain a modicum of relevance then ffs stop bringing straw man into every debate with me.  I'll be honest it shouldn't invalidate your football views but your constant ignorance and misuse of it only goes further to support my view that you really do spout a fair old amount of garbage in a debate. 

You mention me as Donald trump? 

I've just dismantled your views on Kane so you come out with stuff about Santa Cruz and Bony as if it levels the playing field?   I may certainly not have predicted those lot taking early retirement but I'm certainly not going to argue against the fact that they may have been bad guys for us.... whereas you would happily spend hours defending comical opinions such as Gerrard being shite, Kilbane being more productive than Pienaar, gana being a worse player than kroldrup .... indeed the worst player to pull on an Everton shirt.

I'll leave it at that and allow you to Google what does straw man mean. 

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Pete.... seriously now.  If you even want to retain a modicum of relevance then ffs stop bringing straw man into every debate with me.  I'll be honest it shouldn't invalidate your football views but your constant ignorance and misuse of it only goes further to support my view that you really do spout a fair old amount of garbage in a debate. 

You mention me as Donald trump? 

I've just dismantled your views on Kane so you come out with stuff about Santa Cruz and Bony as if it levels the playing field?   I may certainly not have predicted those lot taking early retirement but I'm certainly not going to argue against the fact that they may have been bad guys for us.... whereas you would happily spend hours defending comical opinions such as Gerrard being shite, Kilbane being more productive than Pienaar, gana being a worse player than kroldrup .... indeed the worst player to pull on an Everton shirt.

I'll leave it at that and allow you to Google what does straw man mean. 

He hangs around with a lion and a tin man, and dances merrily down a yellow brick road. 

Dismantled? Please expand on your great argument that united are as attacking as spurs and Kane would score 30 goals (which is more than drogba who averaged less than 20).. Oh wait you never actually answered did yer. I'll happily debate and I argue points, and those I can't disprove or point a reasonable argument against I accept whereas you conveniently ignore. It's embarrassing and why for the most part I don't continue to discuss with you, you can't debate there's only one answer in your head, you won't comprehend anything other. 

18 hours ago, hafnia said:

Scholes comment is gold. Short and to the point.  You don't win leagues with Lukaku.  Not good enough outside the box. 

Meanwhile rumours starting to bound about that Harry Kane is transfer priority for Real Madrid

He’s a ginger Manchester twat haf since when have we agreed with and applauded them cunts, your starting to scrape the barrel now mate won’t be long and your be singing the praises of the shite if they agree with your views. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He’s a ginger Manchester twat haf since when have we agreed with and applauded them cunts, your starting to scrape the barrel now mate won’t be long and your be singing the praises of the shite if they agree with your views. 

He's a former world class player who has more knowledge of the game than you or I put together who kinda knows what a striker needs to do... after all he was a strikers best friend.  He's a man United player talking about a United player.   Not red shite talking about an Everton player... do you still see him as blue? 

You on the ale Palf or still pissed from last night? 

Btw he's stinking the gaff out again...

58 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He's a former world class player who has more knowledge of the game than you or I put together who kinda knows what a striker needs to do... after all he was a strikers best friend.  He's a man United player talking about a United player.   Not red shite talking about an Everton player... do you still see him as blue? 

You on the ale Palf or still pissed from last night? 

Btw he's stinking the gaff out again...

I am on the ale Haf and he’s a ginger whinger he’s been slagging them off years before Lukaku turned up there. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I am on the ale Haf and he’s a ginger whinger he’s been slagging them off years before Lukaku turned up there. 

He's not the only one... pallister, Rio.... he brings it on himself. Talking himself into a move to juve and he's playing shite?  Too right it's gonna be open season on him. 

After today I don't expect to see him start.  Mild mannered Rashford was pictured screaming at him to move.  Then Chris Smalling is filmed (doing the rounds on twitter) ranting like a mad man at lukaku.

It's odd.... he looks even heavier. His shorts looked like they were from Jackamo today... XXXL.   I shouldn't be arsed... I'm actually not.... it's more a smug satisfaction.  He thought he was too good for us.... truth is he has never been as good as he thinks he is. 

9 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He's not the only one... pallister, Rio.... he brings it on himself. Talking himself into a move to juve and he's playing shite?  Too right it's gonna be open season on him. 

After today I don't expect to see him start.  Mild mannered Rashford was pictured screaming at him to move.  Then Chris Smalling is filmed (doing the rounds on twitter) ranting like a mad man at lukaku.

It's odd.... he looks even heavier. His shorts looked like they were from Jackamo today... XXXL.   I shouldn't be arsed... I'm actually not.... it's more a smug satisfaction.  He thought he was too good for us.... truth is he has never been as good as he thinks he is. 

Your not making a very good show of someone who can’t be arsed about Lukaku you are posting about him constantly, god knows what it would be like if you were arsed. 

@hafnia has a point.  I’m a big Lukaku backer/fan/defender but I’ll concede this one.  He is heavy.  With us his tops were loose and at United it looks like he’s got a belly on him now.  The tops are all right fitting and you can see the spare tire around his waist he’s now carrying.

its strange cause he was always fit and weight has never been an issue.  Maybe he finally “became a man” and his metabolism slowed down like it does to all of us.