IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Neville has just been praising his performance in tonight’s game. I haven’t been giving the game my full attention but he seems to have had a good game. 

Yep, he actually played well. He was involved in a lot of their good moves, he set up Lingards massive chance, he was constantly on the move and in that first half hour that Utd should have blown Leicester away he had a hand in most of the good things they did.

12 hours ago, hafnia said:

There was plenty of posts when he was in his honeymoon period at United.   I think it's only right that we balance them up.

I'm gonna be honest - im really enjoying watching and reading other fans call out his glaring weaknesses. I never once swayed from my belief that he was a pretty average to poor footballer with a bit of a gift for finishing. Not good enough for the best teams in this day and age. 

He's miles away from being the player he likes to think he is. He won't be at United in a couple of years - he's had his "big move".

Always makes me giggle when you talk about balance in this thread :D

• 3 weeks later...

According to Telegraph Sport today, Lukaku decided on his transfer because of a 'voodoo' message.  Apparently,  his mother was on a pilgrimage to Africa and had seen some sort of voodoo that said he had to sign for Chelsea. Lukaku's agent went to Finch Farm to sign the contract. Then somehow during the meeting, Romelu called his mother who gave him the 'voodoo' news.   

You couldn't make it up but then again, maybe its fake news!

Lukaku would be stupid to even try.  Moshiri will have some kind of escape plan.  H may be mad, bad and full of spite, but even he is not totally stupid.  plus most folks w ould sit down and think  Moshiri ... or Lukaku.  Moshiri is ours and Lukaku is Man utd' problem now.  Lets stick with what we have.

2 hours ago, Chach said:

I would, being accused of getting a "voodoo" wouldn't harm Rom's abilities to work or perform as a professional footballer.

He's being a precious snowflake as usual.

It affects his image which he makes millions off, so defamation is a viable call.

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Are their libel laws in England?  If so this is a textbook case.

I don't know what legal textbooks you've been reading but at best I think this would be slander. Given it was an off the cuff comment and could easily be characterised as a figurative comment I can't see this going anywhere. I think whats worse is the slightly racist undertone... and the fact that now everyone is going to be chanting "he's big he's hot, he dances around a pot"

4 hours ago, Chach said:

I don't know what legal textbooks you've been reading but at best I think this would be slander. Given it was an off the cuff comment and could easily be characterised as a figurative comment I can't see this going anywhere. I think whats worse is the slightly racist undertone... and the fact that now everyone is going to be chanting "he's big he's hot, he dances around a pot"

The racial undertones are much more of a stretch in my opinion 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

The racial undertones are much more of a stretch in my opinion 

Would you care to elaborate?

A man of African decent "who was in Africa and got a voodoo"

There's lots of different possible explanations but if Lukaku never said this, what is the intention from Moshiri in saying that he did?

What confuses me is not just the 'voodoo' comment but the fact that the word was only part of a more elaborate comment.  ie  Lukaku's mother being on a pilgrimage to Africa etc.,  If Morishi made all this up, it all seems a bit weird?  Lukaku and his agent turning up a Finch Farm to sign a deal which doesn't get signed, obviously needs some explanation. I find it difficult to believe that, presumably, on the spur of the moment, Morishi, perhaps under pressure to provide reasons to the attending press, would come up with such a story off the top of his head? The other odd situation is that there has been no (as far as I am aware) comment about what happened at Finch Farm from Lukaku's agent.

• 3 weeks later...