IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Money is no object at United. If a player is marginally better they will pay the extra even if that means double. 

Will they??? Not sure there Pete.....  we wanted £100m for Rom... they offered £75 plus add ons

Kane will go for £200m...united won't pay it.  Real Madrid will. Zidane has already publicslly praised Kane. 

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

to Haf's point on Kane's price i think he's gone this summer.  the max they pay at Spurs for wages is 100k a week.  he could get 2-2.5 times that elsewhere and maybe even win a trophy.  levy is so cheap.

A lad in work travels 140miles for every spurs home game ....  it's his biggest fear - levy.

The lad didn't flinch when selling kyle walker, would happily sell deli alli for £70m,  but he actually said he would reject £200m for Kane..... 

He's seen the lot at spurs.... gazza, lineker, sheringham, bale..... said Harry Kane is the most valuable player they have had.  Not the best - gazza by a mile then bale. 

Not one fan of theirs would say Kane is anything other than class. Not the case with Rom is it.

56 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Will they??? Not sure there Pete.....  we wanted £100m for Rom... they offered £75 plus add ons

Kane will go for £200m...united won't pay it.  Real Madrid will. Zidane has already publicslly praised Kane. 

They offered £25m for Baines and Fellaini. They ended up paying more than that just for Fellaini. They will meet the price if they believe the player is good enough. Just look at Pogba.

36 minutes ago, hafnia said:

A lad in work travels 140miles for every spurs home game ....  it's his biggest fear - levy.

The lad didn't flinch when selling kyle walker, would happily sell deli alli for £70m,  but he actually said he would reject £200m for Kane..... 

He's seen the lot at spurs.... gazza, lineker, sheringham, bale..... said Harry Kane is the most valuable player they have had.  Not the best - gazza by a mile then bale. 

Not one fan of theirs would say Kane is anything other than class. Not the case with Rom is it.

Spurs fans are notorious for being idiots.

Can't comment on Gazza, but off the top of my head Campbell, Modric, Eriksen, Dembele and Berbatov are all better than Bale. Bale done fuck all against the top 8 excluding Arsenal which were much more open derby's. 

41 minutes ago, hafnia said:

he does love to sell high doesn't he?  i'm thankful our chairman and owner/board are willing to pay more than that, not saying we need to, but good to know we can pay to keep the talent.  imagine being Kane/Eriksen/Alderwiereld and being a top player and you get 100k that's it, meanwhile on international duty the likes of sterling are making probably double that (and aren't twice the player).  wild.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

No what makes him a better footballer is that:-

1.  He can control a football

2. He can actually hit the target from distance with regularity. (Obviously the % conversion rates will drop as the keeper has better chance to save)

3. He can hold up play and defend from the front.

Based on your conversion rate argument i guess you would argue James McCarthy is a better passer of  the ball than Xabi Alonso? If he had 85% completion of an average 8 metres vs Alonso 80% at 15m???

Your opinion v fact again mate. Sorry.

Xabi/McCarthy comparison is just grasping at straws.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Now the bastard is saying "I'm only 24....'

This will always be the thing with him. Take away his goals, and his performances drop at a rate. Man U fans are now seeing what we seen. He's a bloody frustrating player!!!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/romelu-lukaku-tells-critics-not-11463546.amp

Only 24? This is his 8th season as a first team player.

"Only" being such an age is often used to justify a person lack of physicality or experience .... neither is relevant when it comes to him. 

He's had 330 top flight games including 61 internationals for the Belgium national side. That 40 more games than phil jagielka had had in an everton shirt..

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/romelu-lukaku-tells-critics-not-11463546.amp

Only 24? This is his 8th season as a first team player.

"Only" being such an age is often used to justify a person lack of physicality or experience .... neither is relevant when it comes to him. 

He's had 330 top flight games including 61 internationals for the Belgium national side. That 40 more games than phil jagielka had had in an everton shirt..

Exactly. He's been good enough to score 156 in 330 games already. If he plays another 10 years (which he will, comfortably), he'll be looking at around 500 career goals if he continues as he is. To put that into perspective;

643 (or 646) Pelé (Santos)

566 Gerd Müller (Bayern Munich)

544 Fernando Peyroteo (Sporting Lisbon)

534 Josef Bican (Slavia Praha)

522 Jimmy McGrory (Celtic)

517 Jimmy Jones (Glenavon)

507 Uwe Seeler (Hamburg)

476 Lionel Messi (Barcelona)

473 Eusebio (Benfica)

383 Dixie Dean (Everton)

Decent company that. Yes, that's a projection, but I'm confident he will do that. The best striker I've seen at our club in my lifetime and I couldn't care less about his failings because, simply, he scores goals and goals win games. It's that simple. Just wish we had a player that did half as much, but as it stands, we don't

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Exactly. He's been good enough to score 156 in 330 games already. If he plays another 10 years (which he will, comfortably), he'll be looking at around 500 career goals if he continues as he is. To put that into perspective;

643 (or 646) Pelé (Santos)

566 Gerd Müller (Bayern Munich)

544 Fernando Peyroteo (Sporting Lisbon)

534 Josef Bican (Slavia Praha)

522 Jimmy McGrory (Celtic)

517 Jimmy Jones (Glenavon)

507 Uwe Seeler (Hamburg)

476 Lionel Messi (Barcelona)

473 Eusebio (Benfica)

383 Dixie Dean (Everton)

Decent company that. Yes, that's a projection, but I'm confident he will do that. The best striker I've seen at our club in my lifetime and I couldn't care less about his failings because, simply, he scores goals and goals win games. It's that simple. Just wish we had a player that did half as much, but as it stands, we don't

That's not the point.... he's trying to use his age as an excuse for weaknesses. It doesn't wash. So now we've clarified that he is in fact a fully long term established professional maybe all this nonsense about his age can be dismissed.

He is the player now that he is going to be.... all this talk about him developing his game to have a decent touch and hold up play is a pipe dream.  He's a grear finisher of highly frustrating footballing ability. 

5 years ago his poor touch, inability to use his physique to shield the ball and erratic passing was as relevant then as it is today. Against better opponents it shows him for what he is.

He got off to a dream start against arguably shoddy opponents for United yet their fans have clamoured for the harder working more rounded rashford... this was always going to be the case when he had to mix it in a team who offered more competition for places. 

When ibrahimovic is back he is gonna get tested.... the fans already are showing impatience at his inability to hold up the ball. Ibra is a master at it. 

5 minutes ago, hafnia said:

That's not the point.... he's trying to use his age as an excuse for weaknesses. It doesn't wash. So now we've clarified that he is in fact a fully long term established professional maybe all this nonsense about his age can be dismissed.

He is the player now that he is going to be.... all this talk about him developing his game to have a decent touch and hold up play is a pipe dream.  He's a grear finisher of highly frustrating footballing ability. 

5 years ago his poor touch, inability to use his physique to shield the ball and erratic passing was as relevant then as it is today. Against better opponents it shows him for what he is.

He got off to a dream start against arguably shoddy opponents for United yet their fans have clamoured for the harder working more rounded rashford... this was always going to be the case when he had to mix it in a team who offered more competition for places. 

When ibrahimovic is back he is gonna get tested.... the fans already are showing impatience at his inability to hold up the ball. Ibra is a master at it. 

That's the entire point.

And that's brilliant for United, and it was for us. Players get positions because they specialize in that area. He is one of the best in his field. If we had a squad that did their job half as good as he does his, we would titles.

He will score goals and be a threat for the rest of his career. I just wish he was doing it in our kit.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

That's the entire point.

And that's brilliant for United, and it was for us. Players get positions because they specialize in that area. He is one of the best in his field. If we had a squad that did their job half as good as he does his, we would titles.

He will score goals and be a threat for the rest of his career. I just wish he was doing it in our kit.

The player you describe would get signed by barcelona, real madrid, man city for £150m..... he won't though will he.

He will be a poacher for the rest of his career yeah...many United fans are describing him as a tall Hernandez (chicarito).... unless your team can carry a poacher then what's the point?  He's an ideal impact sub... always has been..

A player who can influence the game against better teams and solid defenders? No. Thats what we've been seeing and what I accurately predicted.

He's already into one of his barren spells.... I ran analysis of how often he has 4+ game spells of not finding the net... quite telling. 

37 minutes ago, hafnia said:

The player you describe would get signed by barcelona, real madrid, man city for £150m..... he won't though will he.

He will be a poacher for the rest of his career yeah...many United fans are describing him as a tall Hernandez (chicarito).... unless your team can carry a poacher then what's the point?  He's an ideal impact sub... always has been..

A player who can influence the game against better teams and solid defenders? No. Thats what we've been seeing and what I accurately predicted.

He's already into one of his barren spells.... I ran analysis of how often he has 4+ game spells of not finding the net... quite telling. 

If Neymars transfer had gone ahead of Roms, we would've been looking at 150m easily. 

You did run an analysis, yet ignored those presented. He still scores 20+ goals a season. Doesn't matter the opposition, he scores at all levels. Your bizarre hatred of him, I think, blinds you in your perception of him. We all know he's got 1 main skill, and it's the skill that wins games. 

Need to take my meds, so I'll leave it at that 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

If Neymars transfer had gone ahead of Roms, we would've been looking at 150m easily. 

You did run an analysis, yet ignored those presented. He still scores 20+ goals a season. Doesn't matter the opposition, he scores at all levels. Your bizarre hatred of him, I think, blinds you in your perception of him. We all know he's got 1 main skill, and it's the skill that wins games. 

Need to take my meds, so I'll leave it at that 

Nothing bizarre in disliking a footballer who all the time he was here was constantly spouting shite about leaving as if he was too good for us despite having a very patchy footballing ability. 

A player who led to us losing the ball far too frequently... a player who never showed in big games but bullied lesser teams when we were ahead. A player who was very lazy.

Nothing bizarre about it. He already has a reasonable amount of critics at United already....

You make it seem like being critical of him is outrageous... it's not. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

Nothing bizarre in disliking a footballer who all the time he was here was constantly spouting shite about leaving as if he was too good for us despite having a very patchy footballing ability. 

A player who led to us losing the ball far too frequently... a player who never showed in big games but bullied lesser teams when we were ahead. A player who was very lazy.

Nothing bizarre about it. He already has a reasonable amount of critics at United already....

You make it seem like being critical of him is outrageous... it's not. 

You’re not just critical of him though mate- you’re border line obsessed with your critisism and outright tefusal to admit thhat a) he wins games and b ) we miss him and c) he does offer more than just goals- Koeman said he does so I’ll take his word over yours.

17 minutes ago, Paddock said:

You’re not just critical of him though mate- you’re border line obsessed with your critisism and outright tefusal to admit thhat a) he wins games and b ) we miss him and c) he does offer more than just goals- Koeman said he does so I’ll take his word over yours.

And many of you are borderline obsessive in your praise and defence of him.

Newtons law.

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

I’mnot obsessive in my praise- I recognise and always have that he has flaws and faults but I also recognise he has many talents. It’s called a balanced opinion mate.

I recognise that he's a great finisher and a pretty flawed overall footballer. That too is balanced.... some people just dont like the extent that I will be vociferous about it. 

"He's a beast".... if ever a term was lazily used to describe a footballer it was that of him.

14 hours ago, hafnia said:

I recognise that he's a great finisher and a pretty flawed overall footballer. That too is balanced.... some people just dont like the extent that I will be vociferous about it. 

"He's a beast".... if ever a term was lazily used to describe a footballer it was that of him.

Your opinion and critisism of him is so far from being balanced it’s unreal but only you can’t see it.

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

Your opinion and critisism of him is so far from being balanced it’s unreal but only you can’t see it.

Oh I can see it don't worry about that.

I just have a different criteria when it comes to footballers. I don't like arrogant fuckers WHO use our club as a stepping stone ... who won't put in the hard yards.

I'm not the only evertonian who shares these views on lukaku so dont be too sure that it's just me.  Go on toffeeweb grand old team sos1878 or Twitter.... there are plenty.

The only reason lukaku hasn't been dismissed as overrated and self centred in the same way that Tony Cottee was is because when do the arrived we had just come off the back of success.... Graeme sharp and a view others let Cottee know exactly what he was. Many fans let Cottee know what they thought of him too. 

Lukaku has been feted as some sort of pele because fans have been served up striker after striker from the bargain basement. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Personally I think they are both right. Mourinho's tactics don't play to his strengths but Rom could also do more. 

Same as it was here. Thats him, get used to it.

Difference. Is Neville is not accepting what I wasn't prepared to accept..... allowing shit centre halves to nip in front, not running...

Basically you are playing for man United....  once upon a time our fans held players to such standards. 

On 05/11/2017 at 19:13, hafnia said:

Oops in all our excitement I forgot that United had a game against a top side....

The tide has certainly turned on him.... lots of parallels with our debates

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/romelu-lukaku-2017-18-performances.430573/page-79

I'm quite happy with my bet with paddock right now.... 

Deja vu reading that...in every way possible!!!

9 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Deja vu reading that...in every way possible!!!

Very much so. 

"Touch is shocking.... for a big fella he gets knocked off ball too easy"

"He's isolated, we arent playing to his strengths"

"Against the Better sides he' offered us nothing, yes he' getting scraps but rashford doesn't struggle to get involved"

"He' still young.... he will learn"