IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

As soon as I seen him take the ball I thought "wtf".... surely they have an abundance of players who can take good penalties.

He's missed 1 in 3 penalties in his career.... that ain't good.

That run up was amazing, it would have been almost impossible to to shoot to the right. Easy guess for keeper.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

6 in 6 for Lukaku so far. Just scored in his CL debut.

"Romelu Lukaku has certainly hit the ground running at Manchester United.

That was the Belgian's sixth goal in six games for the Red Devils.

To put that into context, Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored five times in his first six games last season. Wayne Rooney and Ruud van Nistelrooy both began their United careers with four goals in six games.

In 2007-08, when Cristiano Ronaldo finished with 42 goals, he scored only once in his first six outings."

If only he wasn't one footed, had no touch and wasn't shit with his head he'd be a decent player.

Coming just days after Jose Mourinho claimed his value has already doubled since his £75 million signing this summer, Lukaku’s sixth goal in six appearances served to underline the point.

“I think we were very clever,” Mourinho told The Times . “We thought that something could happen that could change the market forever. Normally the last part of the market is less expensive, but this season after Neymar everything changed – and changed for the worse in terms of prices. I think Lukaku on August 31 would have been £150m.”

He would've cost more than neymar if he had better first touch!

He's scored 2 against west ham...  1 against Swansea and 1 against stoke in the league (missed a sitter to clinch the points).   Nothing out the norm for the lad... cannon fodder.

Anyone think that he would make a difference for us at the moment?  I don't. Our problems are far greater than a striker at this moment. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He's scored 2 against west ham...  1 against Swansea and 1 against stoke in the league (missed a sitter to clinch the points).   Nothing out the norm for the lad... cannon fodder.

Anyone think that he would make a difference for us at the moment?  I don't. Our problems are far greater than a striker at this moment. 

If I was a betting man I'd bet that more than 2 of our 35 (?) shots would have gone in. Or more than 7 of them would have been on target (that is a frightening statistic!).

20 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If I was a betting man I'd bet that more than 2 of our 35 (?) shots would have gone in. Or more than 7 of them would have been on target (that is a frightening statistic!).

48% of our shots have come from outside the box close in the quadrant near the corner flags.  Look at squawka. They arent even opportunities. 

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

Of course you don't :lol: 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Perhaps if we'd had a striker in the box they'd have become opportunities.

I'm struggling to understand how lukaku will have made a difference to us... we aren't even getting the ball in the box - so no.  He would be as much use to us as tits on a bull right now. 

We aren't competing, we are overrun, the players don't know their roles, we are changing formation left right and centre.

Lukaku would be stood there huffing and puffing waiting for a ball... 

All very well looking at him enviously whilst United play pretty poor sides. He has been given the luxury of being the recipient of pretty straight forward chances.  Let's see how he does againSt the better sides. 

3 minutes ago, johnh said:

Telegraph Sport article of Rom includes the observation:  His urge to contribute to the play at all times bodes well.  Not an urge that I recognise?

Probably because he's got better players behind him helping. Massive boost when you've got that 

edit. Plus a new job always gave me a boost, with better competition to prove myself in. Maybe it's the same?