IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Probably because he's got better players behind him helping. Massive boost when you've got that 

edit. Plus a new job always gave me a boost, with better competition to prove myself in. Maybe it's the same?

Or working for a new manager who doesn't hesitate to give you a kick up the arse.

5 hours ago, johnh said:

Telegraph Sport article of Rom includes the observation:  His urge to contribute to the play at all times bodes well.  Not an urge that I recognise?

Just checked my calendar and its still September.... doesn't usually knock off for his holidays and wind the season down till January. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Probably because he's got better players behind him helping. Massive boost when you've got that 

edit. Plus a new job always gave me a boost, with better competition to prove myself in. Maybe it's the same?

So in a way you are saying that he couldn't be arsed trying for us? I would agree with that. 

6 hours ago, hafnia said:

I'm struggling to understand how lukaku will have made a difference to us... we aren't even getting the ball in the box - so no.  He would be as much use to us as tits on a bull right now. 

We aren't competing, we are overrun, the players don't know their roles, we are changing formation left right and centre.

Lukaku would be stood there huffing and puffing waiting for a ball... 

All very well looking at him enviously whilst United play pretty poor sides. He has been given the luxury of being the recipient of pretty straight forward chances.  Let's see how he does againSt the better sides. 

I agree, having Lukaku wouldn't have made much difference at all. Maybe he could have scored off a powerful run but he only did that once or twice a season. Our problems are bigger than the difference between Rom and DCL/Rooney.

Im sure Man U fans don't give a shit about the type of chances he is scoring. As long as he is putting them away then that's exactly what he was bought for. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

No, I'm saying he did try and got frustrated and his levels dropped. I've been saying that for 3 years. 

A player who concedes possession of the football at a 50% rate has no rights to get frustrated with his team mates.

His lack of self awareness was poor.  Most players when they lose the ball work their arse off - he didn't. 

9 hours ago, hafnia said:

A player who concedes possession of the football at a 50% rate has no rights to get frustrated with his team mates.

His lack of self awareness was poor.  Most players when they lose the ball work their arse off - he didn't. 

Again, we've been over this a thousand times. 

But hes not our player now, so I don't care :)

On 9/14/2017 at 11:57, Cornish Steve said:

They say the only things certain in life are death and taxes. The content of Haf's posts in this thread is coming a close third. :)

4th actually, 3rd are posts like the one above coupled with the same people liking them.

Heaven forbid we have a nuanced discussion about Lukaku's game in the Lukaku thread, maybe one of the mods can rename to the "Rom Reacharound Thread" and we can just just post about what a sexy manbeast is he is and how he was too good for us anyway.

4 minutes ago, Chach said:

4th actually, 3rd are posts like the one above coupled with the same people liking them.

Heaven forbid we have a nuanced discussion about Lukaku's game in the Lukaku thread, maybe one of the mods can rename to the "Rom Reacharound Thread" and we can just just post about what a sexy manbeast is he is and how he was too good for us anyway.

Where did I say he was too good for us? If you're going to bitch about my post at least have the balls to quote and address it directly.

Our fans, rightly or wrongly heckled him all game- when he scored he heckled back- respect is a two way street. I couldn't give a flying fuck if he celebrates against us, he  plays for Man U now not us- so what if he celebrates.

The same fans heckling him are the same ones outside and inside the ground who moaned and booed him because he didn't jump for headers enough, run the channels enough yet he was rattling 20 odd goals a season but that wasn't important.

State of us now he's gone- puts it all inperspective.

5 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Where did I say he was too good for us? If you're going to bitch about my post at least have the balls to quote and address it directly.

Our fans, rightly or wrongly heckled him all game- when he scored he heckled back- respect is a two way street. I couldn't give a flying fuck if he celebrates against us, he  plays for Man U now not us- so what if he celebrates.

The same fans heckling him are the same ones outside and inside the ground who moaned and booed him because he didn't jump for headers enough, run the channels enough yet he was rattling 20 odd goals a season but that wasn't important.

State of us now he's gone- puts it all inperspective.

You've cooked it mate, you were neither the quoted post or a liker of said post.

Notwithstanding, and while I have you here Romelu Lukaku was one input in the very complex system that is Everton Football club and the state of us now has almost nothing to do with him leaving, we miss Barkley more. We've been just a shit as we are now when Lukaku played for us.

So there :P

1 hour ago, Chach said:

You've cooked it mate, you were neither the quoted post or a liker of said post.

Notwithstanding, and while I have you here Romelu Lukaku was one input in the very complex system that is Everton Football club and the state of us now has almost nothing to do with him leaving, we miss Barkley more. We've been just a shit as we are now when Lukaku played for us.

So there :P

Oh silly me- here's me thinking when you said "posts like the one above" you were recerring to mine. How utterly stupid of me!

Lukaku was an outlet and he scored goals - something which we are now clearly lacking but a lot of fans didn't think that was important because he didn't support  us or never ran around like a headless chicken.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Oh silly me- here's me thinking when you said "posts like the one above" you were recerring to mine. How utterly stupid of me!

Lukaku was an outlet and he scored goals - something which we are now clearly lacking but a lot of fans didn't think that was important because he didn't support  us or never ran around like a headless chicken.

Apology accepted.

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCUUw2PRxh0

Rooney, a lifelong Evertonian, celebrated in front of our fans and kissed the united badge after he'd scored, following relentless abuse from our fans.

United's fans, by contrast, gave Rooney a decent welcome on Saturday and applauded him when he was subbed. The neutral might be drawn to think that United fans are respectful and classy whilst Everton fans are bitter and spiteful. I'd hate to think that that might be even remotely true, I really would.

13 minutes ago, Baba said:

Rooney, a lifelong Evertonian, celebrated in front of our fans and kissed the united badge after he'd scored, following relentless abuse from our fans.

United's fans, by contrast, gave Rooney a decent welcome on Saturday and applauded him when he was subbed. The neutral might be drawn to think that United fans are respectful and classy whilst Everton fans are bitter and spiteful. I'd hate to think that that might be even remotely true, I really would.

Totally different circumstances.  Rooneys career at United had finished having been record goal scorer and winner of every domestic medal there is. 

Rooney left his boyhood club just 2 years after making his debut as a 16 year old.... 

Shortlisted for FIFpro World XI

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41337760

But...

"Manchester United are the best represented Premier League side, with six players - Romelu Lukaku, Antonio Valencia, Paul Pogba, David de Gea, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Nemanja Matic, who is also nominated for last season at previous club Chelsea."

So Matic is nominated for his performances at Chelsea last season and Lukaku is nominated because he's a ManU player? Poor journalism.

54 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Shortlisted for FIFpro World XI

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41337760

But...

"Manchester United are the best represented Premier League side, with six players - Romelu Lukaku, Antonio Valencia, Paul Pogba, David de Gea, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Nemanja Matic, who is also nominated for last season at previous club Chelsea."

So Matic is nominated for his performances at Chelsea last season and Lukaku is nominated because he's a ManU player? Poor journalism.

BBC have edited the article cutting out "who is also nominated for last season at previous club Chelsea" after I pointed out the gaffe in the comments section:P.