IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Interesting.... Henry basically just spent 5 minutes showing us how lukaku lacks in areas. Gave the ball away 18 times.

Henry said rashford was the better threat - I agree. The lad is dynamite.

Against the better sides lukaku can't do that.

As I've said before... he is the perfect rotation striker for a top 4 team.

I don't care who Henry thinks is better, my point has nothing to do with that- he'll clean up at United with much better players around him- and as I've said when he isn't playing well (name me a player that plays well every game) they have other match winners to do it for them- that's the gulf in class between us and them- we NEEDED Lukaku to have a good game every week, they don't but they did need a 25 a season striker- now they have one.

Oh and his record against the top sides isn't poor it's been proven time and time again but I'm not arsed about that anymore because he isn't our player.

He'll absolutely bang in the goals for them. No doubt in my mind about that. And I fully expect his supposedly poor record against the so called top sides to only get better. Not only due to being surrounded by better players but also just because he'll become a more mature player and learn - in terms of a striker, age-wise he's still a baby with plenty of scope to get better.

Completely this. Everyone knows he isn't perfect but he will score 20+ a season in the PL alone. He won't be asked to lead the line alone at Utd and even in tough games he will get a couple of good chances.

Utd would've been top 2 with Lukaku last year....

So what if he's a flat track bully, that's exactly what they needed last year... with so many draws against shit teams...

his shot/conversion rate last season was vastly superior to Ibras as well...

Utd would've been top 2 with Lukaku last year....

So what if he's a flat track bully, that's exactly what they needed last year... with so many draws against shit teams...

his shot/conversion rate last season was vastly superior to Ibras as well...

I understand that people identify that he will score against the lesser teams which United missed last year... but against the better sides he's almost a liability as he concedes possession too much.

To mitigate this are United going to drop him for such games? Because if argue that with him instead of ibra United wouldn't have done as well against the better sides.

Edited by Hafnia

I understand that people identify that he will score against the lesser teams which United missed last year... but against the better sides he's almost a liability as he concedes possession too much.

To mitigate this are United going to drop him for such games? Because if argue that with him instead of ibra United wouldn't have done as well against the better sides.

Lets say no more on this until he's had a season there and to make it interesting we'll have a £20 wager (donated to the board) that he'll score more than 6 goals against the top 6 this season.

You up for it? That's a 1 in 2 ratio.

Lets say no more on this until he's had a season there and to make it interesting we'll have a £20 wager (donated to the board) that he'll score more than 6 goals against the top 6 this season.

Do we replace United in that top 6? :lol:

So Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Everton?

so 7 pl goals or more against man city, Chelsea, arsenal, Liverpool, spurs, Everton.

Ok.

so 7 pl goals or more against man city, Chelsea, arsenal, Liverpool, spurs, Everton.

Ok.

No- whover the top 6 sides are this season- obviously we'll have to go to 7th as UTD will be in there but an outsider may get in- it's doubtful granted but we'll tally his goals up against the top 7 and if it's under 7 I'll pay £20- over you pay it.

Deal?

No- whover the top 6 sides are this season- obviously we'll have to go to 7th as UTD will be in there but an outsider may get in- it's doubtful granted but we'll tally his goals up against the top 7 and if it's under 7 I'll pay £20- over you pay it.

Deal?

Fair enough by me.

It was more than 6 John.

The agreed condition was more than 7 which is 8 or more? ............and less than 7 which is 6 or less.

Semantics I know, but perhaps should have said: 7 or more.

Still, both you and Haf seem to agree, so no problem. :D

Edited by johnh

The agreed condition was more than 7 which is 8 or more? ............and less than 7 which is 6 or less.

Semantics I know, but perhaps should have said: 7 or more.

Still, both you and Haf seem to agree, so no problem. :D

No, I said he would score more than 6 - not 7. I fucked up though, I meant 6 or more that's why I said 1 in 2 but never mind I couldn't change after I had said it so I'll have to stick on 7.

"Sigurdsson scored a remrkable five goals against the division's top sides last season.

Only Jamie Vardy (with six) bagged more against the best teams in the land."

Think Haf has got a banker. Good luck Pad aha.

I know. I was gonna say earlier on...didnt hardly any striker have a good record against the top teams?

I thought the whole goals against the top 6 was one of the definate facts that couldn't be stuck against Lukaku alone.

His all round performances however....