IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

In the Telegraph Sport today, there is an article on Lukaku. It is a double page spread, plus another half-page. The name 'Everton' doesn't get a single mention. Anderlecht does, Chelsea does, Man U does, but Everton seems to have been airbrushed from history!

I honestly don't know if it's done on purpose to try and grab attention as a little publicity stunt or whether it's genuinely careless 'journalism'... but the tabloids and other media are just so full of desinformation it's ridiculous.

If you write Lukaku is a devoted muslim... you must've been purposely trying to avoid watching/listening to/reading anything that has to do with football. The guy makes a cross sign after a goal or at the start of a game, he always talks about how he reads the Bible every day and dedicates many occasions to God. In Lukaku's case it's virtually impossible to not notice he's a christian.

I'm starting to think tabloids are writing wrong information on purpose just so people would start talking about it in order to get some publicity. Not even gonna name the tabloid in this case Either that or it's an old fashioned case of "which one of the black guys was it again?".

• 2 weeks later...

I like Rom and wish he was still here, but to be fair...he did miss an absolute sitter just before that, and even the BBC just wrote sarcastically that "even he couldn't miss" the chance he eventually converted.

I think he had quite a bad game to be honest (as did almost all the United players).

Edited by Isaiah

Ffs boys.... get a grip.

Scores a goal with his right foot? He could have scored that with his nob.

I watched the game on the treadmill... personally I thought he was pretty shit. Missed an absolute sitter and at this level you don't get let off for that. His foul throw at the end was unbearable to watch... mourinho will go spare about that.

But keep fishing if you still enjoy it.

Ffs boys.... get a grip.

Scores a goal with his right foot? He could have scored that with his nob.

I watched the game on the treadmill... personally I thought he was pretty shit. Missed an absolute sitter and at this level you don't get let off for that. His foul throw at the end was unbearable to watch... mourinho will go spare about that.

But keep fishing if you still enjoy it.

It worked!

He should score that chance but it's an awkward height on his wrong foot, I have see far worse for us. Pogba should be scoring the header!

You make yourself seem desperate with that second one. You realise he is going for the back pass?

ROFL at the last one though!

He should score that chance but it's an awkward height on his wrong foot, I have see far worse for us. Pogba should be scoring the header!

You make yourself seem desperate with that second one. You realise he is going for the back pass?

ROFL at the last one though!

Bailey.... are you having a laugh? The ball was bouncing perfectly for him - his right foot is a swinger... simple as that. Unless it's on the deck and he can pass it in the net he's a lottery with it.

He had a whole goal to aim at and he screwed it wide and high from 7 yards out. He's done this numerous times with his right peg.

I think you are looking to excuse him with that offside.... herrera had the ball. How could it be a back pass? Herrera looked at him in the game like he had 3 heads.

He's as thick as 2 short planks in terms of footballing intelligence. Twitter seems to have a fair few man vs worried about his movement..."run in straight lines"..... heard that before.

Tbf you see foul throws all the time and they never get given.

Usually there is a slight issue with ball being released slightly in front of head - marginal.... he released the ball from his hands when they were near his waist!

The offside was unreal... he seen Herrera tackle kroos. Just very dim.

Plenty more to come lads, don't worry!!!

No doubt.... I did enjoy reading the tweets off many man United fans which indicated a whole load of panic.

It's ok though... he will do ok vs the crap teams.

https://twitter.com/ScottNeathey/status/784491893358989317

This one was against Bosnia.... right foot again. I could have done the one against Holland too....his right foot actually missed the ball in tgat one.

Edited by Hafnia

Bailey.... are you having a laugh? The ball was bouncing perfectly for him - his right foot is a swinger... simple as that. Unless it's on the deck and he can pass it in the net he's a lottery with it.

He had a whole goal to aim at and he screwed it wide and high from 7 yards out. He's done this numerous times with his right peg.

I think you are looking to excuse him with that offside.... herrera had the ball. How could it be a back pass? Herrera looked at him in the game like he had 3 heads.

He's as thick as 2 short planks in terms of footballing intelligence. Twitter seems to have a fair few man vs worried about his movement..."run in straight lines"..... heard that before.

That's not a perfect height at all, it's awkward but as I said he should still score.

Watch the offside again FFS the real madrideal player has the ball. Rom is trying to cover the pass back to the keeper and goes offside and then the madrid player kicks it against Herera. Kroos is laughing because they funked up and got away with it.

That's not a perfect height at all, it's awkward but as I said he should still score.

Watch the offside again FFS the real madrideal player has the ball. Rom is trying to cover the pass back to the keeper and goes offside and then the madrid player kicks it against Herera. Kroos is laughing because they funked up and got away with it.

Yes!!! The point is lukaku seen that Herrera was the last man to touch it having been where he was to cover the backpass... it wasnt lukakus positioning that was the issue - it was the fact that by going after the ball and touching it made him offside.

If he let hererra run into the ball it wouldn't have been offside. Only when lukaku went for the ball was it offside.

Completely ridiculous decision.

And please don't tell me that lukaku thought kroos touched it last... clear as day it was Herrera. Kroos tried to pass it across herarra- the ball came off at 90 degrees.

All lukaku had to do was run at goal and allow Herrera to pass to him.

Really not sure how you are even trying to defend him.... id be going spare if an Everton player did that.

Not even the man u fans are defending him.

Edited by Hafnia

I really won't miss his petulant pass the buck arm throws

The lads a masssive tit, quality finisher awful footballer

To be honest... I kinda thought he may stop that. But he was really at it last night.... I could see his team mates thinking "is he for real?"

When he argued the foul throw and offside it tells you everything you need to know.

Not our problem anymore....

By that you mean a thread that had gone quiet was bought back to life by people smugly posting that he had scored a goal with his right foot?

Unfortunately unaware that he had stunk the gaff out and missed a complete sitter.

Yep... same old same old.

There is that (which was more a tongue in cheek comment) and then there is you with your relentless quest to prove you are correct on everything Lukaku. I honestly thought that when he finally left you'd give up and not give a shit about him anymore. I was wrong.

Edited by aaron

There is that (which was more a tongue in cheek comment) and then there is you with your relentless quest to prove you are correct on everything Lukaku. I honestly thought that when he finally left you'd give up and not give a shit about him anymore. I was wrong.

Maybe you clearly missed the fact that despite having already witnessed his sitter with his right foot I hadn't posted until someone posted about him scoring a goal with his right foot....

Well sorry to disappoint you but I'm not gonna miss an opportunity to retort am I?

No - what pisses you off is the fact that much of what I've replied justifies what I say which goes against your views.

I noticed you never took issue until I made my posts.... funny that eh.

Edited by Hafnia