IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

So he hasn't even joined them yet and has already given an interview to ESPN stating how they are the best club, best fans, best history, it has always been his dream (thought that was Chelsea?!).

They have the best fans lads...Lukaku says United, who he hadn't even signed for, has the best fans.

If that's not enough for those brainwashed by his goals to finally put the nails in his coffin, then....I don't know!!!

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/manchester-united/story/3155160/romelu-lukaku-opens-up-about-his-move-to-man-united-jose-mourinho

And he says he's g0ing to work harder than he has before........ says it all

As odd as it sounds what is happening with this actually shows how far we've come as a football club. Most of us aren't gutted he's going, it's actually more of a feeling of excitement in wondering how we're going to replace him, how we're going to spend the money he'll bring in.

In the past the majority of fans would be sat there worried about what was going to happen next, if we'd replace him at all. But this feels different, it's seen more as opportunity.

I'm not going to sit here and say I'm glad he's going because I'm not, I'd much rather we kept a quality goalscorer like him and I've always said that. But I've also always said I'm all about Everton Football Club and I'd sell any player if it makes sense. He doesn't want to be here and we're getting a lot of money in for him, so it makes sense. I won't wish him luck, that would be false because I wish him nothing but abject failure as he's now an enemy.

We'll be fine and it's exciting to wonder how we'll make ourselves bigger and better from this. Come on you blues!

bingo

We didn't signed him knowing he will score 24 goals 3 years later, as we don't know if Sandro will score us 24 goals, but it's possible. It's uncertain that Lukaku will score 24 goals for United any time soon either.

We signed him as an out and out striker with a mandate to score goals which he did one of the best in Europe, Sandro is not an out and out striker he is a different type of player than Lukaku, he won't be up front trying to hold the ball up, first in the box our main target man, yes he will score goals, but he will be

more of a creator than an out an out scorer, what my point was as yet we still haven't got that out and out striker to score the bread and butter goals that will there to be had, because of the likes of Sandro and their craft, I really hope there is still a chance of us getting Giroud, he's that out and out type of striker we need knows where the goal is and will take a good percentage of his chances, and boy will he get chances.

As odd as it sounds what is happening with this actually shows how far we've come as a football club. Most of us aren't gutted he's going, it's actually more of a feeling of excitement in wondering how we're going to replace him, how we're going to spend the money he'll bring in.

In the past the majority of fans would be sat there worried about what was going to happen next, if we'd replace him at all. But this feels different, it's seen more as opportunity.

I'm not going to sit here and say I'm glad he's going because I'm not, I'd much rather we kept a quality goalscorer like him and I've always said that. But I've also always said I'm all about Everton Football Club and I'd sell any player if it makes sense. He doesn't want to be here and we're getting a lot of money in for him, so it makes sense. I won't wish him luck, that would be false because I wish him nothing but abject failure as he's now an enemy.

We'll be fine and it's exciting to wonder how we'll make ourselves bigger and better from this. Come on you blues!

Great post and exactly right.

He's a cheeky fucker though- not a word of thanks to Everton and a kick in the bollocks to the fans as a parting shot. I hope to fucking god he falls flat on his face after those comments about the fans- I can forgive him the biggest club stuff as that's true but there was no needto rub fans noses in it like that.

Yet there are not nearly as many posts about any other member of our squad.........

Why does Lukaku divide opinion in such a way?

A question for the ages I think.

Simple. He has more of a divided opinion from fans than any other player.

Hafs not alone... he's one of a 50% split.

I just don't see why so many people are so abscesses with trying to prove him wrong.

Even now when Lukaku is dancing about moving away... before it's official, people are still trying to defend the daft disrespectful twat.

I just wish these people would love the club with the same intensity.

Besides the unlikely and downright ridiculous rethoric that Everton would have gotten just as many goals out of some other striker, ignoring the fact no one scored as many goals and on such a consistent basis for EFC since the beginning of the EPL, the fact still stands that he was bought out for twenty something million pounds, and now sold on to ManU for 87 million, more than likely recovering anything he cost the club in the meantime, if all the merchandise didn't do that already.

All-round, Lukaku has been one of the biggest blessings to EFC in a long time.

Wow! Just wow! We are so fucking blessed to have had him. We should be so grateful.

No1 post in this thread and how we should all be looking at it.

For once Romey makes sense haha!

Was just being cheeky by the way haha.

Edited by Shukes

And he says he's g0ing to work harder than he has before........ says it all

Yeah that's the line that got me. Not denying his accolades with us and the level he kept us at under Martinez (if not for him, we might have legitimately been looking at relegation one or two of those years - again, I know there'd still be eleven players on a pitch but Martinez bought strikers like Kone and Niasse), but fuck you Rom. "I know I'll have to work harder than I ever have before." Eat a dick, bud. Edited by nyblue23

Agree 100% Romey - great post!

The deal is a good deal for all parties IMO. We're getting a potentially world record fee for a player who we've seen, despite his many qualities, there are many limitations too, Lukaku's getting his BIG move which he's craved and Man Utd are getting an incredible goal scorer - they've often struggled against the teams which Rom scores for fun against.

I would have loved to have kept him but feel we will be much stronger as a result of our proactivity in this window so far.

Simple. He has more of a divided opinion from fans than any other player.

Hafs not alone... he's one of a 50% split.

I just don't see why so many people are so abscesses with trying to prove him wrong.

Even now when Lukaku is dancing about moving away... before it's official, people are still trying to defend the daft disrespectful twat.

I just wish these people would love the club with the same intensity.

From my perspective Shukes, and I believe most people are the same, I'm not for a minute trying to defend his behaviour and I never have; I'm just debating his abilities as a goalscorer and debunking some of the fake news put out there ;).

From my perspective Shukes, and I believe most people are the same, I'm not for a minute trying to defend his behaviour and I never have; I'm just debating his abilities as a goalscorer and debunking some of the fake news put out there ;).

This is the bit that baffles me with Shukes in this thread- nobody has argued his disrespectful behavious but just because he's done that he gets compared with the likes of Troy Deeney.

His behaviour and attitude have zero to do with how he plays football and the goals he's scored. I'm glad you posted that because I was starting to think I was going mad.

Great post - matches my thoughts to a T and saved me typing the same response ?

Shukes I think you've obviously misread people's posts. I can't remember one post where people have defended Lukaku for being a daft disrespectful twat. People have however pointed out his great goalscoring record and improvement that is evident in him being worth 28m in 2014 and now 75-100m today. This fact I'm very happy with and thankful we signed him. We could have signed a respectful twat and sold him for the same or less money. Id know what I'd rather have!

Lukaku does divide opinions, not only between EFC fans, but most fans are even conflicted about him in their own minds :huh:

On paper he has everything going for him, superb number of goals, huge return on investment, definitely in the second half of his stay in Liverpool he's brought top football onto the pitch on a rather consistent basis. Strictly taken he's been better for EFC than Tim Cahill.

Having such an impact on the pitch puts you in a favourable position to do something with that when you communicate, and Lukaku never used that. He just never bothered with it. So when the only thing you ever hear from your most prolific striker is blabla about bigger clubs, potential transfer, probably leaving, and so on, that only reminds the fans time after time that EFC is not among the global top in football. You don't wanna hear that, it's annoying after a while, you wanna hear your striker say nice things about EFC, the city, the fans, share fun moments with them and so on. So Lukaku just made himself look like a mercenary who has no connection with his own club. And to add to that, he actually did express a lot of love for his club when he was at Chelsea.

Some of the fans then try looking for rational excuses to not like him in his football, like the old meme 'bad first touch' or 'lazy' or 'doesn't always put in a shift', which compared to the total picture is pretty trivial. I'm pretty sure it's purely an emotional matter for the fans.

Luckily for him, ManU fans are a bit more used to mercenary antics than EFC fans.

Edited by Mirallas

This is the bit that baffles me with Shukes in this thread- nobody has argued his disrespectful behavious but just because he's done that he gets compared with the likes of Troy Deeney.

His behaviour and attitude have zero to do with how he plays football and the goals he's scored. I'm glad you posted that because I was starting to think I was going mad.

I have never compared him with Deeney mate, never. That was all Haf.

But to me, and I mean no disrespect.... I'm also baffled as to why people accept his disrespectful behaviour due to the fact that he helped us finish 11th 11th and 7th... yes you read right 7th! Not winning a trophy or getting into the champions league... but 7th.

We can forgive him for everything because he got our lowly little Everton to 7th.

Goals and personal achievements come way down the pecking order when I compare them to my love for Everton.

Mike, forgive my post as it's more emotional than personal.

I'm hurting and pissed off with the way he has acted towards us and I am not very good at holding that emotion in. I'm sure we are all angry, upset or happy in some way.... your all just better at getting it across than me.

Sorry if I come across as a knob sometimes, I don't mean it to come out like it does.

But he has got to me.

Shukes I think you've obviously misread people's posts. I can't remember one post where people have defended Lukaku for being a daft disrespectful twat. People have however pointed out his great goalscoring record and improvement that is evident in him being worth 28m in 2014 and now 75-100m today. This fact I'm very happy with and thankful we signed him. We could have signed a respectful twat and sold him for the same or less money. Id know what I'd rather have!

I know mate. Just reading back my posts and realised I'm being more of a disrespectful twat than he is.

Emotions getting the better of me... please take me with a pinch of salt, I don't mean it.

I think at times, to me anyway, it feels like some peeps use his goals as a get out clause for his other behaviours.

It feels like we/you/they would still have him here just for his goals and totally disregard all the other shit.

To me, personally, this feels wrong. I struggle to get my head around why fans would want to accept such things from any of our players.

I don't expect players to 'love the club' like true fans do. But I do expect a level of respect towards the club and more importantly, the fans. Constantly touting himself out to other clubs, questioning the clubs ambition, naming the fans of a club he hasn't yet signed for as the best fans only a couple of months after the final game 'walk of shame' where he spent most of the time on his phone....but it's OK, because he scores goals.

I just don't get that mentality.

I think at times, to me anyway, it feels like some peeps use his goals as a get out clause for his other behaviours.

It feels like we/you/they would still have him here just for his goals and totally disregard all the other shit.

To me, personally, this feels wrong. I struggle to get my head around why fans would want to accept such things from any of our players.

I don't expect players to 'love the club' like true fans do. But I do expect a level of respect towards the club and more importantly, the fans. Constantly touting himself out to other clubs, questioning the clubs ambition, naming the fans of a club he hasn't yet signed for as the best fans only a couple of months after the final game 'walk of shame' where he spent most of the time on his phone....but it's OK, because he scores goals.

I just don't get that mentality.

Sandro's interview, after having actually completed his transfer was far more respectful to his current and past employers, and he'd only been at Malaga for a year.

This.

Gutted to lose a player I rate highly, but not bothered, I'm more excited about seeing Wayne in a blue shirt. I've even forgot about Davy who I was excited about, and more of Morgan because he was a joy to watch last season. We'll be seeing images of a water front stadium in the near future, and European football. I'm too excited about everything positive to be arsed about Rom today.

I also think the stick he'll get at GP will put him off his game, he's not the type to player better when he's angry.

I'm pretty convinced most of the money has already been spent. Don't expect much more now.

I have never compared him with Deeney mate, never. That was all Haf.

But to me, and I mean no disrespect.... I'm also baffled as to why people accept his disrespectful behaviour due to the fact that he helped us finish 11th 11th and 7th... yes you read right 7th! Not winning a trophy or getting into the champions league... but 7th.

We can forgive him for everything because he got our lowly little Everton to 7th.

Goals and personal achievements come way down the pecking order when I compare them to my love for Everton.

Mike, forgive my post as it's more emotional than personal.

I'm hurting and pissed off with the way he has acted towards us and I am not very good at holding that emotion in. I'm sure we are all angry, upset or happy in some way.... your all just better at getting it across than me.

Sorry if I come across as a knob sometimes, I don't mean it to come out like it does.

But he has got to me.

Shukes- how many times mate- nobody is saying his behaviour is acceptable- nobody but because of this behaviour it doesn't mean he can be unjustly critisised about his football ability they are two completely seperate things. Bloody hell ??

Shukes- how many times mate- nobody is saying his behaviour is acceptable- nobody but because of this behaviour it doesn't mean he can be unjustly critisised about his football ability they are two completely seperate things. Bloody hell ??

That was me apologising Pad.

Wasn't pointing anything out that anyone had said?

I'm just angry that's all. I feel we have given him a platform.

My anger is at him not any of us. I'm just not great at putting it across properly mate.

Edited by Shukes