IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

As I read the last page worth of messages, I wish the following was a little more in abundance:

Adj. gracious - characterized by generosity of spirit; "gracious despite their differences"

Anyone who, objectively, looks at the charts in this BBC article can do no other than thank Rom for (1) being one of the best strikers in the league; (2) improving over the last three years; (3) demonstrating a strong range of options in front of goal. The lad is a brilliant player, has been very much part of the team, and has been restrained in his public comments (despite what others are saying) even while being tailed constantly by the press. If just one of the new recruits contributes as much to the team as Rom has over the last few years, we'll do well. Personally, I wish him every success with his new team and look forward to seeing him realizing his full potential.'

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40541648

Yeah and he's also a class A gobshite who in front of the world's media basically told all and sundry that the club who were offering him £125k a week having spent £40m on players in the January window, who were getting a new stadium on the dock with a billionaire investor LACKED AMBITION.

Steve... he scored goals for himself and himself alone.

If he gave a shit about the club he wouldn't have looked like he had snorted 10 grams of ketamine against the likes of Liverpool.

Gracious my arse... he can go and fuck himself.

Bizarrely you missed this quote out from the article

'Lukakus 24 league goals are all the more impressive considering he doesnt take penalties and he has six assists this season, more than Dele Alli and Eden Hazard.

Perhaps most significantly of all, Lukaku is 24 and still improving.'

I didn't miss that quote at all.... why would I? I'm pretty sure it was mentioned about 50 times that he never took penno. In this thread. Ironically didn't he take the penno in the last goal of the season for him?

Bizarrely I posted it because it detailed how we would still be 7th without his goals....

Does that make sense? Or shall I talk about the adverts on there too?

Edited by Hafnia

I didn't miss that quote at all.... why would I? I'm pretty sure it was mentioned about 50 times that he never took penno. In this thread. Ironically didn't he take the penno in the last goal of the season for him?

Bizarrely I posted it because it detailed how we would still be 7th without his goals....

Does that make sense? Or shall I talk about the adverts on there too?

Easy tiger.

I'm good. Like fishing in a barrel this... so much desperation to defend someone who disrespected the club ...

No ones arguing about that bit/ it's your ridiculous over the top critisism that has people defending him, it's embarrassing and you'll look back on this thread one day and realise it- or maybe not!

Anyway he'll be gone by tomorrow at the latest and you can stop trying to prove you were right when ghe whole board almosyt knows you were wrong about him.

i guess we'll expect the same amount of detritus and lambasting in the Barkley thread anytime then...

No chance- Barkley can do no wrong. Lukaku might have disrespected us but at least he has the excuse that he has no emotional attachment, Barkleys one of us and has the chance of being part of the biggest revolution ever seen at Everton and he's holding out signing a new contract for more money.

Which is worse?

Edited by Paddock

You will have to send me the links about him talking shit about needing to be elsewhere etc etc etc.

Can't find any Matt.

true, there aren't. But the boyhood blue who's refusing to sign a ludicrous contract and keeping silent? The silence is deafening

Anyway, pointless discussing with you, as always, on this topic. Shouldn't have even bothered.

I'm good. Like fishing in a barrel this... so much desperation to defend someone who disrespected the club ...

Just trying to be fair to him, so I'll defend his record when he played for us.

I don't think he has slagged off the club like others have done, he has been bit of an idiot I grant you.

By the way if your fishing in a barrel then your missing the point of fishing.

true, there aren't. But the boyhood blue who's refusing to sign a ludicrous contract and keeping silent? The silence is deafening

Anyway, pointless discussing with you, as always, on this topic. Shouldn't have even bothered.

Ah right so we need to criticise Barkley on the assumption that his silence "in the media" means he is refusing to sign a contract.

Before I make such assumptions you will need to give me more assumptions such as the amount of money and terms we have offered him...

"IF" barkley comes out and starts telling the world we have no ambition, that he needs champions league footy that staying at Everton isn't an option and does this mid way through the season when he should be focusing on his footy then I promise I will lay into him.

Ah right so we need to criticise Barkley on the assumption that his silence "in the media" means he is refusing to sign a contract.

Before I make such assumptions you will need to give me more assumptions such as the amount of money and terms we have offered him...

"IF" barkley comes out and starts telling the world we have no ambition, that he needs champions league footy that staying at Everton isn't an option and does this mid way through the season when he should be focusing on his footy then I promise I will lay into him.

bad example if I'm honest as I'm not bothered by it, but it's been said by several others.

I'm off to swim in the Rhine and have a BBQ

Top player? What you been sniffing? He's a goalscorer and that's it.

Is this just another 'Martinez signed him so I'll like him.' Stance?

United aren't fools. If they are smashing records for a domestic transfer fee, then they clearly view Romelu Lukaku as one of the league's top players. I don't see how anyone can argue with that, quite frankly.

I've been told by him personally not to believe the media but then again he's not going to say anything other than that but I think he's gone about it the right way but the. Lukaku hasn't give a shit about the team or the club over the years he's been here it's all been about him

Edited by Blue4Ever

United aren't fools. If they are smashing records for a domestic transfer fee, then they clearly view Romelu Lukaku as one of the league's top players. I don't see how anyone can argue with that, quite frankly.

One word.... POGBA

Second word.... SHITE

Without lukakus 20 odd goals last season... we would have finished (drum roll) 7th.... which is where we actually finished.

And yes he has slagged off the club... called into question our ambition to justify him wanting away? No he can get to fuck.

As if it's as simple as that FFS. Get a grip man.

As if it's as simple as that FFS. Get a grip man.

I'm not the one bleating "oooh good luck and thanks for the goals big man.... without them we would be in league 2"

Unless you can find a better way of assessing where we would have finished without his goals just accept my post as a retort to a very tiring quote.

I'm not the one bleating "oooh good luck and thanks for the goals big man.... without them we would be in league 2"

Unless you can find a better way of assessing where we would have finished without his goals just accept my post as a retort to a very tiring quote.

Some people are capable of accepting that he actually did pretty well for us. Scored goals, contributed to the team and finally he has done well enough with us to almost quadruple his initial fee.

We benefitted from him and he has benefitted from us. I'm not sure you can see that.

Wouldn't call it a fact, more a poor use of statistics. A fairer evaluation would take in the timing of each goal. Big difference in scoring an equaliser and scoring a buffer goal to go two up. Funnily enough I done this for Defoe when he was at Spurs and he had very little effect as most his goals were when they were already winning.

Exactly, also when scoring the first goal to break the deadlock and relax the team. Completely irrational and unthought out "fact".