IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Two sets of books with regards to what you expect of fans and what you expect of contracted players, and with all due respect they're ass backwards.

Fair enough. I see Rom as a professional to do a job, which he does. He's talked about wanting to win things, I respect that. He has never said "I want to leave Everton", not once. He's repeatedly said "I want to win things, and play in the CL" and people want to read into it. I take it as face value because it's simply what all professional footballers want to do. Fact vs interpretation/opinion.

Fair enough. I see Rom as a professional to do a job, which he does. He's talked about wanting to win things, I respect that. He has never said "I want to leave Everton", not once. He's repeatedly said "I want to win things, and play in the CL" and people want to read into it. I take it as face value because it's simply what all professional footballers want to do. Fact vs interpretation/opinion.

“Staying at Everton is not really an option for next season,” the striker said.

“Staying at Everton is not really an option for next season,” the striker said.

Fair enough. I was apparently on vacation whilst that article was released (if you're quoting the Guardian?)

I’m not going to make big declarations on my future, but I know where I want to play: in a club who are competing in the Champions League and can win titles in England.

I hold my hands up then, and go back to my "thanks for the goals and the cash" stance I've had for a couple of months.

Ok.... looking at the last 4 seasons.

Taking a section of games towards the end of each season from around march time.

He scored 9 goals in a total of 34 games.

Yes.... he does put his flip flops on.

Very scientific approach that mate.

Read as, "Taking a section of games towards the end of each season from around march time (the number of which is as many from each season as best fits my argument)."

I've appreciated his goals at times yeah, but have never taken to him, he's just not Everton. I actually couldn't even say I wish him well because he's just been a fucking nuisance and it seems people are just defending him for the sake of it now, Haf's opinions on his game are hardly that controversial outside of the club, the overall response from Man U fans I know has been underwhelming in the extreme, they expected better.

Its like we've got some kind of collective inferiority complex.

Spot on

34 games is aquivalent to a full season less the odd game, looking at it from from that angle 9 or 10 goals is not a great return.

He's actually scored sixteen goals for us in total from March onwards. 13/14 & 16/17 when we we've been a decent side he's got eleven, the number is let down by the fact he only got five combined in the intervening two seasons, when the whole team were garbage.

Looks a bit different from that perspective I think.

I want to play: in a club who are competing in the Champions League and can win titles in England.

Salt in the wound for a fan who's spent his hard earned on a season ticket.

Never mind the fact it doesn't stand up to the sniff test. He was at the club who was winning titles and competing in europe and decided to leave and be the star somewhere else instead of staying and fighting for his spot.

When the stock market is about to crash, activity becomes frenetic and the swings are wild. It looks like this thread, and maybe the entire site, is about to crash.

Ffs will you boys stop baiting Haf, at this rate he will be on 3000 posts for this thread, which is depressing me.

Aaaaaaaaaand the thread becomes unreadable and/or unreasonable again!

Please- someone make it stop

"Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)"

You're taking it too literally.

Edited by Chach

Most Chelsea fans are breathing a sigh of relief... many man United fans underwhelmed as they wanted morata.

Where's your stats to back that up? I can easily say the opposite. Most Chelsea fans are gutted they don't look like signing him and the majority of Man U fans are over the moon at this likely acquisition.

Where's your stats to back that up? I can easily say the opposite. Most Chelsea fans are gutted they don't look like signing him and the majority of Man U fans are over the moon at this likely acquisition.

yep all the articles now are how great lukaku is and how he's the perfect striker for man united and the big physical player. funny how biased the media is towards the big clubs. anomaly for everton, world beater for united already and he hasn't kicked a ball.

Not seen the Chelsea or united fans celebrating yet?

Saw lots of them saying he's not worth it, but haven't seen the ones that are excited yet.

Is it a 50/50 split or more one way would you say?

I'm goin for 10 for 90 against in the selection I have read.

Even read a headline... 75m for Lukaku...... that's how much Everton have to pay Man U .

This page will be so quiet when we sell him.

Their fans are an arrogant bunch.

Tell me about it. A lad in work from the Wirral telling me that United are a far bigger club and lukaku will guarantee goals... that mourinho will kick the laziness out of him....

First off.... you are from the Wirral... 5 football clubs within 30 minute drive and you are a Manc?....

Second.... just like Liverpool your lot could go another 10+ years without winning the league.

Third... the last time your lot got cocky with an Everton acquisition it was the "chosen one"... who turned you into a mid table side.

Hope they struggle for another 5 years plus... that should shut them up.

Tell me about it. A lad in work from the Wirral telling me that United are a far bigger club and lukaku will guarantee goals... that mourinho will kick the laziness out of him....

First off.... you are from the Wirral... 5 football clubs within 30 minute drive and you are a Manc?....

Second.... just like Liverpool your lot could go another 10+ years without winning the league.

Third... the last time your lot got cocky with an Everton acquisition it was the "chosen one"... who turned you into a mid table side.

Two recent messages from my united mate.

But he's better than average so £75m is good. Especially for someone who's never won a trophy!

You want players who have the mentality to perform in big games. Can't be proven until you get to those big games and win stuff.

Told him teams win trophies not players, why haven't any ex United players won with another prem club. Come back was 'they've stepped down a level'. It's the same fecking league!

Freud: "Mr Chach. Vy did you komm zee me?"

Chach: "I loved him. I loved him."
Freud: "Whom did you lov, Mr. Chach?"

Chach: "Rom. Romelu."

Freud: "Vy did you lov him, Mr. Chach?"
Chach: "He scored so many goals. So many. We made fifth. Then he scored more. This year, he broke records."

Freud: "So vy did you komm to zee me?"

Chach: "His assists, his strength, both feet..."

Freud: "So vy did you komm to zee me, Mr. Chach?"

Chach: "Because" [sob] "now I tell everyone he's lazy, he has no touch, his stats aren't real, he's fake news."

Freud: "And..."
Chach: "Why do I do this? Why do I hate the one I love?"

Freud: "Becoz he leaves you, Mr. Chach."

Chach: [sob]

Freud: "He leaves you, and you cannot lov him any more."

Chach: [sob]

Freud: "If he leaves you, then you zink he must be bad. It's called cognitive dissonance, Mr. Chach. It iss very powerful."

Chach: "Can I still love him?"

Freud: "You must let him go, Mr. Chach. Let him go."

Chach: "But I can't. I hate him. I love him. I ..."

Freud: "You must let him go, Mr. Chach. He iss not bad like you say. He is gut, sehr gut, but you must let him go."

Chach: "But...but anyone who leaves me must be bad."

Freud: "No, Mr. Chach. He iss gut. Let him go, and you vill zee he iss gut - and you can still lov him."

Chach: "Thank you, Mr. Freud. I shall try. I shall try hard."

Freud: "And, Mr. Chach, you vill find someone else to lov."

Chach: [climbs off the sofa and wanders out the door] "Romelu, Romelu, wherefore art thou, Romelu?"

Not my Uncle Phil is it?!