IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I'm sure if I cherry pick I'd be able to get at least one example of a sublime take down and goal from Lukaku...but I'm not gonna waste my time.

Ask anyone to name Cole's strengths and I doubt very much his touch would come up. Ask the flaws at it would be one of the first.

Feel free.... I honestly can't. I watched Andy Cole on sky last week he was a very capable taker of a football.

Lots of articles about the lad at the moment ... only 9 players were dispossed more than lukaku last year.... along with his pass completion of under 66% it placed him as a bit of a concern.

I just hope he doesn't behave like a prize tit in his interviews when signing.

Haf you're obsessed, move on. What he says in his interviews are completely irrelevant. I think you may like Lukaku more than you let on ?

Someone posted on Twitter the difference between Rooney and Lukaku and their attitude/characters. One is at Carrington saying goodbye to his team mates whilst the other is awol in LA with his bumchum posting daft videos and said bum chum on social media saying "see you in training tomorrw"

I'm made up Lukakus gone, he's been disrespectful towards us for a long time- I get he wants a move and I don't begrudge it him but he's showed his lack of class and utterdisregard for Everton and the fans. Just glad it's done nice and early and out the way.

On we go....

I think his disregard for us as a club was apparent at quite an early stage.

You could make a bigger list of 'twattish' things he has done than you could have top class goals.

Top of the list would be the greedy ego trying to steal tom Davies solo goal. Piece of shit.

Haf you're obsessed, move on. What he says in his interviews are completely irrelevant. I think you may like Lukaku more than you let on ?

I'm obsessed with Everton which makes my dislike of lukaku seem an obsession.

Grab a prize tit and not anywhere near as good as he thinks.

Yet there are not nearly as many posts about any other member of our squad.........

Why does Lukaku divide opinion in such a way?

A question for the ages I think.

Edited by London Blue

You say that but we won't see you on this forum once Lukaku is gone. :rofl:

Honest question, if you were stranded on an island with only David Moyes and Romelu Lukaku, what would you do?

Haf you're obsessed, move on. What he says in his interviews are completely irrelevant. I think you may like Lukaku more than you let on

I don't blame Lukaku for wanting to improve his position, anybody on this forum would want to do the same, be it a top class player or a lowly paid lorry driver, if you were approached by Eddie Stobart and he offered you a brand new wagon to drive, and double your wages you couldn't turn it down.

The problem with Lukaku is, from day one he was using us and only stayed last year because nobody came in for him. He has continually slagged our club off, telling us we are only a small club and not good enough for him, he says he needs a bigger club to improve his limited talents.

Well you've now got it so lets see if you can reach the standard that you think you can reach.

I appreciate he scored a lot of goals for us, but being the type of person he is I will not miss him, neither will the club.

Let's move away from this thread now.

Edited by Bill

Really if we take away Lukakus goals I doubt we would have finished 7th, maybe 10th.

How many goals has he scored that won us the game or got us a point last season?

Its not as if we had 2 or 3 players adding 10 goals each is it?

He wants to play Champs league and who can blame him, it could take us a couple of years to get that and he wants to play for a club regularly in that competition. Players have short career's.

You have a real problem with Lukaku, I get that, there are 74 pages of thread mostly dedicated to peoples rants about him, and I don't want to infect another topic with that disease.

I respect your opinion, but don't agree with it.

Anyway Welcome back Mr Rooney! :COYBs[1]:

It's an actual 100% fact

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/would-everton-without-lukaku-you-13057410.amp

Edited by Hafnia

Wouldn't call it a fact, more a poor use of statistics. A fairer evaluation would take in the timing of each goal. Big difference in scoring an equaliser and scoring a buffer goal to go two up. Funnily enough I done this for Defoe when he was at Spurs and he had very little effect as most his goals were when they were already winning.

Unbelievable finisher but whilst I appreciated his abilities I never loved him like I did Arteta, Graveson or Cahill

All that size I think my two year old would have him in a street fight. Aways disappeared when we needed him (esp FA cup semi final against manure).

See ya lukaku - I'd bet big bucks on you not being to make a big impact at champions league level

As for Rooney coming back - I haven't forgot him kissing the badge and then putting a transfer request in. Should have let him go to china and play in a pointless league

Anyway! Who's next? I don't think we'll be replacing him directly and I imagine the majority of the money we've spent already is Rom money ie I can't see another £75m being spent

The positions aren't as relevant as the amount of points we would have dropped, which apparently is 9. That would be enough to drop from 11th to 17th, 1 point above the relegation zone the season before last. (and funnily enough the same positions and points as the year before that too?)

Quoting statistics from the Echo, you must be desperate. :P

The article does not take into account his assists or part in team goals or his overall play in contributing to a win.

Lie, damn lies, and statistics as Disraeli said, Congrats Haf you have become the Donald Trump of the drivel thread. :lol:

Call the police. I can see the headline note: Striker tries to claim a goal!

Oh get a grip Pete... he watched the lad take a ball from his own half slalom between 2 city players and clip it over a keeper.... knowing full well he never touched the ball he actually tried to claim it. Something Davies himself confirmed.

That's not the hallmark of a striker..that's the hallmark of a selfish prick who syltole bolassie goal earlier in the season.

He tried to steal a brilliant first senior goal. He's a tit.

Edited by Hafnia

Yep, but if it wasn't lukaku our number 9, there would have been someone else, who would score us some goals and earn some points, so these 9 points could have easily be won(or at least half of them) by another striker, and we would still be at the same position. So as a conclusion, Lukaku's goals are more influential towards our team spirit during the season other than the final result itself.

Quoting statistics from the Echo, you must be desperate. :P

The article does not take into account his assists or part in team goals or his overall play in contributing to a win.

Lie, damn lies, and statistics as Disraeli said, Congrats Haf you have become the Donald Trump of the drivel thread. :lol:

You said without his "goals".... you wanna move the goalposts now?

You said without his "goals".... you wanna move the goalposts now?

My mistake, I meant to say overall play.

I think the point stands if you take away, ALL that Lukaku has bought to the team we would not of finished 7th

I try not to move goalposts too often, far too heavy.

Edited by London Blue

My mistake, I meant to say overall play.

I think the point stands if you take away, ALL that Lukaku has bought to the team we would not of finished 7th

I try not to move goalposts too often, far to heavy.

You do realise that we would put in a different player..... it wouldn't just be an empty slot.. we would play with 11 men.

The different option may hold up the ball, pass it better.... assist more. Maybe even score crucial goals vs more goals

You do realise that we would put in a different player..... it wouldn't just be an empty slot.. we would play with 11 men.

The different option may hold up the ball, pass it better.... assist more. Maybe even score crucial goals vs more goals

Football is traditionally played 11 vs 11, so yes I know we would have had a replacement for Lukaku, our options were Kone or Niasse, good luck with either of those two.

If not Lukaku who would you of realistically signed instead of him for £28 million?

Lukaku scored 87 goals for us, increasing the amount he scores every season. He is an effective striker, not perfect, but effective.

Edited by London Blue

See response in Drivel thread.

Bizarrely you missed this quote out from the article

'Lukakus 24 league goals are all the more impressive considering he doesnt take penalties and he has six assists this season, more than Dele Alli and Eden Hazard.

Perhaps most significantly of all, Lukaku is 24 and still improving.'

As I read the last page worth of messages, I wish the following was a little more in abundance:

Adj. gracious - characterized by generosity of spirit; "gracious despite their differences"

Anyone who, objectively, looks at the charts in this BBC article can do no other than thank Rom for (1) being one of the best strikers in the league; (2) improving over the last three years; (3) demonstrating a strong range of options in front of goal. The lad is a brilliant player, has been very much part of the team, and has been restrained in his public comments (despite what others are saying) even while being tailed constantly by the press. If just one of the new recruits contributes as much to the team as Rom has over the last few years, we'll do well. Personally, I thank him for his amazing contributions, wish him every success with his new team, and look forward to seeing him realize his full potential.'

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40541648

Edited by Cornish Steve