IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Troy Deeney isn't a yard dog. He's not good enough for an Everton side that is looking to crack the top 4 this season but he is a completely different sort of striker to Lukaku.

Deeney is excellent at retaining possession and bringing other attackers into play, the problem is that he just doesn't score enough goals. But obviously, if he was a 15-20 goal a season player, he wouldn't be at Watford.

Lots of big clubs have looked at Troy Deeney. They all value his work rate and what he brings to the whole team, but they all come to the same conclusion that he isn't quite good enough for a team at the very top of the table.

I wouldn't be upset to have Deeney in my side, but footballers all come at a price and the price Watford will ask cannot really be justified due to his lack of goals. We would still need to buy another striker to finish chances and that doesn't make financial sense. You would really be looking for 1 player who can deliver the best of both worlds

He doesn't even start every week for Watford. He is a solid player for a bottom half of the league club but that's it.

Let's be honest.... take the haf vs others out of it...

If he goes to United he will have near 70,000 watching him every other week with close inspection by centre halves guaranteed with teams parking the bus...

Has anyone ever seen him play well in such circumstances? I haven't.

Let's be honest.... take the haf vs others out of it...

If he goes to United he will have near 70,000 watching him every other week with close inspection by centre halves guaranteed with teams parking the bus...

Has anyone ever seen him play well in such circumstances? I haven't.

I said this at work the other day. He isn't going to link play like Ibra and create openings, and bring others into the game. You want Rom in space running at players or running into space which he won't get at Utd. That's why I'm hoping £75mil is true!

I said this at work the other day. He isn't going to link play like Ibra and create openings, and bring others into the game. You want Rom in space running at players or running into space which he won't get at Utd. That's why I'm hoping £75mil is true!

Ibra was a far better player than I thought. Astonishingly good target man.

Lukaku will feel like a very poor replacement.

Ibra was a far better player than I thought. Astonishingly good target man.

Lukaku will feel like a very poor replacement.

Must admit, I underestimated Ibra as well, pure class.

Don't get me wrong Lukaku will still score 20 a season but he won't drag the team out of a hole like Ibra did.

Chelsea have bid 75 mill. Time to fleece someone now. The very fact United and Chelsea are locked in a bidding war for Lukaku speaks volumes about the dearth of available strikers. The media keep talking about how 75 million is a "fair price" for him. Fuck 'fair prices', we need to commit daylight robbery here. If City spent nigh-on 50 million for John Stones, then Lukaku should be going for twice that.

Edited by Isaiah

I still can't believe mourinho wants him... so yeah.

Such a decorated manager, But has a dreadful record of selling youth.

Two clubs interested in him makes me happy because of the money.

Two clubs interested in him must make you happy because of the money and the fact you'll finally see the back of him!

Question is, who replaces him? Doubt he will go until we can get someone in.

i love it. don't love that chelsea just matched it though as if to say we know you're a fan just come here. i hope united come back and offer 90 and try and outbid chelsea. he's perfect for that parked bus counter attacking mou loves and ibra is gone and they need their big "star" for the year for the shareholders and sponsors.

Bidding War!

This is the best outcome for us. Get the fuckers playing against each other if they are that desperate. Apart from Rooney, we have a good record at fleecing these clubs.

Apparently, Lukaku's agent wants him to go to United so he can get a fat pay day but Lukaku wants to go to Chelsea.

Which is it Rom? Finance vs Ambition?

Bidding War!

This is the best outcome for us. Get the fuckers playing against each other if they are that desperate. Apart from Rooney, we have a good record at fleecing these clubs.

Apparently, Lukaku's agent wants him to go to United so he can get a fat pay day but Lukaku wants to go to Chelsea.

Which is it Rom? Finance vs Ambition?

I would love for that bat fastard to get stiffed.....he seems like such a dirty slimeball only out for himself. I'd also like the same thing to happen to Mino Raiola.

Head over to the relevant thread on the Man United forum (redcafe.net) for their take on all this. It's pretty fascinating, the power plays going on here. Lukaku's agent seems like a real piece of work. Apparently he wants Rom to go to United but Rom is set on Chelsea, and this slimey toad is playing both sides against each other. Whatever, let him do that. But get 100 mill, Everton. We are in such a strong position here, I'll be annoyed if he does now go for 75 mill.

Troy deeney isn't a patch on lukaku as a goal scorer....

As a footballer, as a team player, as a leader he surpasses him and I would argue right now that I would choose to have deeney leading our line against the top 6 sides than lukaku purely from the principle that he would retain the ball, hold it up, press and take pressure off out defence.

Try not to take what I said out of context pad....