IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

So, while we either totally criticise Lukaku for everything he does or we suck his balls because he scores goals....my gripe with him is his constant chit chat away from the club. That's the main reason I'll be glad to see him gone.

It's gone on too long and too often. Forget the stats, the fee, the goals, whatever whatever. For me, he's taken it beyond repair.

Bye bye Lukaku. Trust me when I say I feel so confident we will be bigger and better without him. I bet you we still score a good amount of goals but spread more throughout the team in better numbers.

Romelu Lukaku to Man Utd for £75m: Personal terms agreed, announcement in 24 hours

MANCHESTER UNITED are poised to sign Romelu Lukaku in a £75m deal.

Belgium international Lukaku has agreed a long-term contract worth £250,000 a week with Jose Mourinho's side.

By Jeremy Cross, Chief Sports Writer / Published 6th July 2017

Edited by Bill

I don't wanna sound like a racist, because I'm not. But from what I've seen footballers with african roots tend to peak early, so I don't think Lukaku can improve much further. We should look for a price which reflects his current ability and I if we do I doubt we will regret that we didn't get more for him later. £75m - £80m is a good deal imo. Pickford + Davy + £15m worth more than Lukaku.

Edited by Haiku

Romelu Lukaku to Man Utd for £75m: Personal terms agreed, announcement in 24 hours

MANCHESTER UNITED are poised to sign Romelu Lukaku in a £75m deal.

Belgium international Lukaku has agreed a long-term contract worth £250,000 a week with Jose Mourinho's side.

By Jeremy Cross, Chief Sports Writer / Published 6th July 2017

That puts him on considerably more than the £90m player Pogba. £75m is really poor from our side, unless Rooney comes here but with his wages staying fully on their payroll.

That puts him on considerably more than the £90m player Pogba. £75m is really poor from our side, unless Rooney comes here but with his wages staying fully on their payroll.

Multiple sources suggesting £75m, with £15m earnt in add-ons, £10m for Rooney. The value of the deal is worth £100m.

Multiple sources suggesting £75m, with £15m earnt in add-ons, £10m for Rooney. The value of the deal is worth £100m.

Just hoping they pay-out Rooney's contract or keep Rooney on their books. Don't want our wages to be daft and potentially upset the apple cart.

The market is so scrarce we could hold them over a barrel like Monoco did with Martial. Go crazy and demand half a mil per goal.

75mil is more than a fair price IMO. Not a patch on Ibra and I suspect Utd fans will expect him to be better.

Randomly spoke to a couple of my old Arsenal mates and they were of the opinion that the £75mil for Rom made £20mil for Giroud the deal of the century as they don't want him to go anywhere.

You have no option really , for an overpriced player who couldn't possibly develop any further he seems to have done ok for himself ,as have Everton if we rake in anywhere near £100m

You really think he's developed? Miniscule development at best. He may "only" be 24 but he's already played over 300 top flight games.... Robbie Fowler played 460 in his whole career...

He's costing £75m cos his goal stats suggest he may be worth that.... nothing else. And in a market that you pay £30m for a 23 year old keeper with one season behind him or a man United reject centre half with one year left on his contract from burnley... there a a good chance we could get £250k for you dunc.

Tell me aside of finishing.... what does he bring to the table?

I'm being 100% honest when I say this:- he is one of the most limited footballers I have seen in a blue shirt.

His touch is still shite. His movement is pathetically predictable. He can't time his jumps to header a ball. He has no interest in working for the team.

He can finish and that is it. Micky Quinn could finish!

This will be the best business we have ever done.

When Rooney left and he scored that hat trick in the champions league for united after a superb euros... I was gutted. I knew he would go on to be a starband we would muss out on jaw dropping performances.

With lukaku I have absolutely no fear... I can't wait to play United. I can't wait to watch our lads shove him in their arse pocket. Over indulged, overrated, thanks for the £75m! Still can't believe it.

Edited by Hafnia

75mil is more than a fair price IMO. Not a patch on Ibra and I suspect Utd fans will expect him to be better.

Randomly spoke to a couple of my old Arsenal mates and they were of the opinion that the £75mil for Rom made £20mil for Giroud the deal of the century as they don't want him to go anywhere.

Most Chelsea fans are breathing a sigh of relief... many man United fans underwhelmed as they wanted morata.

Which goals that lukaku scored for us last year would giroud or Rooney struggle to score? I can't think of any... maybe his late goal vs hull where he actually used his pace and strength for once. Other than that....

The Troy Deeney comments pissed all over this.

If anyone struggles to see how troy deeney could improve us as a unit over lukaku then maybe they need to not just look at "goals".

It's ok.... sandro will give us a view of howv that looks. Hard work, energy, strength, aggression....

If this is true he's a fucking disgrace

https://twitter.com/ellbretland/status/883075790652493824

You sound surprised Pad?

As I said the other day... this thread will get very lively when the bellend gets in full flow.

He's a class-A prick.

Unfortunately his goals have made some fans go giddy and switched off their ability to apply principles in what they expect from an Everton player.

He likes to holiday with pogba.... do you think they will be room mates at United?

Edited by Hafnia