IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

If anyone struggles to see how troy deeney could improve us as a unit over lukaku then maybe they need to not just look at "goals".

It's ok.... sandro will give us a view of howv that looks. Hard work, energy, strength, aggression....

Troy Deeney is a yard dog Haf- to even consider him in the same breath as Lukaku is laughable.

Troy Deeney is a yard dog Haf- to even consider him in the same breath as Lukaku is laughable.

Troy deeney isn't a patch on lukaku as a goal scorer....

As a footballer, as a team player, as a leader he surpasses him and I would argue right now that I would choose to have deeney leading our line against the top 6 sides than lukaku purely from the principle that he would retain the ball, hold it up, press and take pressure off out defence.

you could add Bony, Benteke, Welbeck to that too.

And probably some more lesser rated players like giroud...

Let's face it arouna kone looked superior in the more laboured aspects of the game versus old lead foot didn't he?

Interesting stat. In the last 2 seasons combined.... he has scored zero goals in the last 18 games.

Let's face it... is anyone surprised he is still on his holidays? He started his holidays back in April.

Troy deeney isn't a patch on lukaku as a goal scorer....

As a footballer, as a team player, as a leader he surpasses him and I would argue right now that I would choose to have deeney leading our line against the top 6 sides than lukaku purely from the principle that he would retain the ball, hold it up, press and take pressure off out defence.

i'm not even going to respond to that- it's that ridiculous.

i'm not even going to respond to that- it's that ridiculous.

It really isn't...

In reality pad... football isnt all about nutmegs, goals, Alice bands, top trump physicality stats...

Football for want of a better word relies on players being able to do the ugly stuff... and as ugly as he looks - troy deeney does the ugly stuff well.

Watford would have been relegated if it wasnt for him... not his goals but what he gives the team. Ask any watford fan and thry will tell you the same. Hes worth his weight in goal to a side who need to press, hold the ball, get at the other team.

Either way... you are in for a treat. We aren't signing deeney but we have signed a player who does the ugly stuff well and willingly- sandro.

Then maybe you will see just really what we have missed with lukaku up front.

Edited by Hafnia

If this is true he's a fucking disgrace

https://twitter.com/ellbretland/status/883075790652493824

That's been debunked. He was given the extra time in LA once the discussions with United took place, they're on tour over there and have arranged a medical with their team. Didn't make sense for him to fly home, to fly back again the following day?? Journo really stirring the pot there!

That's been debunked. He was given the extra time in LA once the discussions with United took place, they're on tour over there and have arranged a medical with their team. Didn't make sense for him to fly home, to fly back again the following day?? Journo really stirring the pot there!

It's Matt Law, did you expect anything else?

And probably some more lesser rated players like giroud...

Let's face it arouna kone looked superior in the more laboured aspects of the game versus old lead foot didn't he?

Interesting stat. In the last 2 seasons combined.... he has scored zero goals in the last 18 games.

Let's face it... is anyone surprised he is still on his holidays? He started his holidays back in April.

Stats and facts really aren't your thing are they, well apart from making them up. From memory Lukaku scored last game of the season, albeit a pen. I'm not gonna bother to check any further back.

Could tell he was on the wind up just reading the article. Worst thing is daily mail readers eat that shit every day and believe it.

It's certainly an made-up interesting stat. Although stats i'm used to are based on facts?

Date - Scored against - Number of goals

Sun 21st May - Arsenal - 1

Sat 15th April - Burnley - 1

Sun 9th April - Leicester - 2

Sat 25th March - Hull - 2

Sat 11th March - West Brom - 1

Sun 5th March - Spurs - 1

Sat 25th Feb - Sunderland - 1

That's only going back 13 games this season. Just so you know. CBA spending any more time proving that idiotic stat wrong any more.

Edited by Lowensda

It's certainly an made-up interesting stat. Although stats i'm used to are based on facts?

Date - Scored against - Number of goals

Sun 21st May - Arsenal - 1

Sat 15th April - Burnley - 1

Sun 9th April - Leicester - 2

Sat 25th March - Hull - 2

Sat 11th March - West Brom - 1

Sun 5th March - Spurs - 1

Sat 25th Feb - Sunderland - 1

That's only going back 13 games this season. Just so you know. CBA spending any more time proving that idiotic stat wrong any more.

You must be wrong, he doesn't score against the top 4 clubs...

Troy Deeney isn't a yard dog. He's not good enough for an Everton side that is looking to crack the top 4 this season but he is a completely different sort of striker to Lukaku.

Deeney is excellent at retaining possession and bringing other attackers into play, the problem is that he just doesn't score enough goals. But obviously, if he was a 15-20 goal a season player, he wouldn't be at Watford.

Lots of big clubs have looked at Troy Deeney. They all value his work rate and what he brings to the whole team, but they all come to the same conclusion that he isn't quite good enough for a team at the very top of the table.

I wouldn't be upset to have Deeney in my side, but footballers all come at a price and the price Watford will ask cannot really be justified due to his lack of goals. We would still need to buy another striker to finish chances and that doesn't make financial sense. You would really be looking for 1 player who can deliver the best of both worlds

Not for me Paul- he's a championship striker imo- he wasn't even getting in the Watford side at one point last eason and saying you would have Deeney over Lukaku is just silly. (I know you never said that)

Oh nothing else really....

16/17 - 6 assists (equal 2nd)

15/16 - 7 assists (3rd)

14/15 - 5 assists (2nd)

13/14 - 8 assists (2nd)

Must have got all these assists against shit teams.

Let me just get this right.... you think it's an achievement for a striker to have the second or 3rd highest assists in a side?

Ffs I've heard it all now.

Yeah I'd have expected someone like jagielka to have been up there....

He's a proper assist machine isn't he ... he makes suarez's 14 + assists in a season look poxy