IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Lots of goals and at the end, all costs recovered + more. Woohoo!

But yeah I always thought it to be weird of the reporters to suggest Chelsea as the main transfer candidate... I mean from Chelsea's point of view it's not that outlandish, but from Romelu's point of view it'd just be a huge mindfuck, and one I'm sure he'd rather just let go of. Manchester United, a completely new club, does seem more logical. Although with ManU being the 3rd club in the EPL he's contracted by, and the 4th he's playing for... does make him a mercenary. He wouldn't quite have had this issue if he went to Germany or Italy. That said, Manchester is close enough for Rom not to have to overthrow his personal life.

See ya later gobshite.... make sure that pen doesn't bounce off ya shin.

Pity he never allowed yourself to absorb the fabric of the club... he ended up being here far longer than he thought.

In between numerous distracting disrespectful interviews, lethargic displays, and poor technical football he did score a few goals that gave some fans a buzz.

Sadly I didn't get the buzz... I recall how Joe Royle called Ferguson a legend before he became a footballer and the same applies to Rom.

There's a very rocky road ahead for him.

He's been used to being the top dog... calling the shots, demanding to be the recipient of passes. It's been said many a time... that at United players will soon suss a signing out. How they handles ball in training etc.... for this I think he will struggle.

This move will ultimately be his last shot at a "top club"... my guess is he will be over in China within 2 years.

£100m.... absolutely mind boggling. I don't think we will see all the £15m in add ons. He won't be there long enough.

Edited by Hafnia

Lukaku was amazing at Everton. Our best scorer for many many years. Now he is a Man U player and I hope his career goes south. For Evertons sake since we will be competing with man u for CL-football.

Thank you for all the goals Rom! Thank you for leaving Everton so that I dont have to put up with your thread on Toffeetalk anymore. Thank you for the 75-90 million pounds! Im fairly sure that we can find a way to spend them.

Sad to see him go, will miss the goals, but i still think that him leaving will make Everton stronger. (New signings)

most sensible post yet :)

£100m.... absolutely mind boggling. I don't think we will see all the £15m in add ons. He won't be there long enough.

I was surprised at the 28 million we paid originally but assumed that was just club/agents factoring in the new TV deal money and bringing it forward in anticipation prices would rise.

This puts us back in the black in this transfer window, happy days.

Lots of articles about the lad at the moment ... only 9 players were dispossed more than lukaku last year.... along with his pass completion of under 66% it placed him as a bit of a concern.

I just hope he doesn't behave like a prize tit in his interviews when signing.

He's been used to being the top dog... calling the shots, demanding to be the recipient of passes. It's been said many a time... that at United players will soon suss a signing out. How they handles ball in training etc.... for this I think he will struggle.

Andy Cole couldn't trap a dog, and probs scored more with his shin than Rom and didn't fair too badly. Special rules apply for goal scorers.

Lots of articles about the lad at the moment ... only 9 players were dispossed more than lukaku last year.... along with his pass completion of under 66% it placed him as a bit of a concern.

I just hope he doesn't behave like a prize tit in his interviews when signing.

No you don't, you'd love it :lol:.

I'll be made up once this goes through a great deal for the club and dare I say he won't be missed as much as people think

Totally agree with Haf on that he won't be able to pull rank and throw his arms around like a petulant prick at United, the spotlight will be firmly on the lad far more than here

I've wanted him to go for a while now, think we can do better with a team player, having just seen the video of him and Pogba in LA talking about seeing him in training tomorrow, I want it done now, absolutely no respect for anyone, totally self centred. If he had put as much effort into learning how to control the ball as he has on leaving Everton, I might, just might have wanted him to stay.

Don't care if he does well or not at Man U not one of us anymore, not going to concern myself with ifs and buts about him, don't give a fuck.

Really excited about Rooney this move is going to reignite his career, I think we will see the Rooney of 3_4 years ago, can't wait for the season to get going 1-2 more players hopefully Giroud being one and we are going to be challenging for Champions League spot. COYB.

Lukaku was amazing at Everton. Our best scorer for many many years. Now he is a Man U player and I hope his career goes south. For Evertons sake since we will be competing with man u for CL-football.

Thank you for all the goals Rom! Thank you for leaving Everton so that I dont have to put up with your thread on Toffeetalk anymore. Thank you for the 75-90 million pounds! Im fairly sure that we can find a way to spend them.

Sad to see him go, will miss the goals, but i still think that him leaving will make Everton stronger. (New signings)

Yep. This sums it up nicely. Great for us while he was here. Make a hefty profit, build better, become more well-rounded. Hope Mourinho and he fight and he gets benched, goes to Italy or France and kills it. He'll be fine at Man U... score 18-20 goals a season... But it's hard to balance two massive egos like his and the chosen dickhead. I'll root against him as long as he stays in the Prem, but I'll be happy to see him succeed anywhere else. He's still young... maybe he'll be grateful to Everton one day yet.

It's open season on Lukaku now. When he returns to Goodison I hope we give him a truly hostile reception.

Every time he fumbles a simple ball to feet, every time he blasts over and I hope to God he gives the ball away that we score from so we can chant his name again hahahahaha

Without Lukaku's goals where would we be. He has not slagged off the club, and has generated over £50 million in profit for us.

Yes he has the touch of a alcoholic with the shakes at times, and can go missing in games but for his flaws he has been a vital member of the team who helped us get into Europe with the goals he has scored.

Without Lukaku's goals where would we be. He has not slagged off the club, and has generated over £50 million in profit for us.

Yes he has the touch of a alcoholic with the shakes at times, and can go missing in games but for his flaws he has been a vital member of the team who helped us get into Europe with the goals he has scored.

Without lukakus 20 odd goals last season... we would have finished (drum roll) 7th.... which is where we actually finished.

And yes he has slagged off the club... called into question our ambition to justify him wanting away? No he can get to fuck.

Andy Cole couldn't trap a dog, and probs scored more with his shin than Rom and didn't fair too badly. Special rules apply for goal scorers.

Really? You are having a laugh.

Cole wasn't the most technical but to say he had a bad first touch is a joke

That goal he scored against spurs to win the league at such a crucial time... what a touch and finish. Give lukaku 10 chances at that and he would struggle to get it down once.

Edited by Hafnia

Really? You are having a laugh.

Cole wasn't the most technical but to say he had a bad first touch is a joke

That goal he scored against spurs to win the league at such a crucial time... what a touch and finish. Give lukaku 10 chances at that and he would struggle to get it down once.

I'm sure if I cherry pick I'd be able to get at least one example of a sublime take down and goal from Lukaku...but I'm not gonna waste my time.

Ask anyone to name Cole's strengths and I doubt very much his touch would come up. Ask the flaws at it would be one of the first.

Edited by pete0

We owe the lad nothing I really don't get why some people have such a needy mindset

I appreciate his goals but I don't appreciate how he's always banged on about moving on CL football his ambitions whilst questioning that of the club and his clearly deliberate goading media clips

We gave him the right platform to progress and show his worth and he never made it clear he appreciated that fact just a blatant case of stepping stone modern day mentality

Him and his cringey cunt mate Pogba can make some more awful instagram clips together now

Without lukakus 20 odd goals last season... we would have finished (drum roll) 7th.... which is where we actually finished.

And yes he has slagged off the club... called into question our ambition to justify him wanting away? No he can get to fuck.

Really if we take away Lukakus goals I doubt we would have finished 7th, maybe 10th.

How many goals has he scored that won us the game or got us a point last season?

Its not as if we had 2 or 3 players adding 10 goals each is it?

He wants to play Champs league and who can blame him, it could take us a couple of years to get that and he wants to play for a club regularly in that competition. Players have short career's.

You have a real problem with Lukaku, I get that, there are 74 pages of thread mostly dedicated to peoples rants about him, and I don't want to infect another topic with that disease.

I respect your opinion, but don't agree with it.

Anyway Welcome back Mr Rooney! :COYBs[1]:

Someone posted on Twitter the difference between Rooney and Lukaku and their attitude/characters. One is at Carrington saying goodbye to his team mates whilst the other is awol in LA with his bumchum posting daft videos and said bum chum on social media saying "see you in training tomorrw"

I'm made up Lukakus gone, he's been disrespectful towards us for a long time- I get he wants a move and I don't begrudge it him but he's showed his lack of class and utterdisregard for Everton and the fans. Just glad it's done nice and early and out the way.

On we go....