IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

That was me apologising Pad.

Wasn't pointing anything out that anyone had said?

I'm just angry that's all. I feel we have given him a platform.

My anger is at him not any of us. I'm just not great at putting it across properly mate.

We all feel a bit let down mate, we're all disappointed, we all (well nearly all) wished he'd of signed a contract, we all wish he'd of kept his motor mouth shut but claiming e's shit wont change any of that, it's just denial. He's the best striker in 20 plus years, we finally had a 20 a season scorer but he's gone so fuck him, we'll move on like we always do.

People have defended him needlessly mainly to goad or just go against Haf, fairly easy to pull posts to prove it but what's the point the lads off he's shown his true nature that many have seen for longer than others so let him move on as we will

I can honestly say on my kids lives I have only ever defended him because of the massively ott critisism Haf gave him. He didn't like him- we all got it, he had LOTS of very valid points about him and I agreed with some of the stuff he said but it was WAY over the top Paul, borderline ridiculous at times when it really didn't need to be like that. Everyone in this thread accepted Hafs opinions n him and agreed to his valid ones, Haf steadfastly refused to admit to anyone elses views being right or that he may of been overly critical of him.

I can honestly say on my kids lives I have only ever defended him because of the massively ott critisism Haf gave him. He didn't like him- we all got it, he had LOTS of very valid points about him and I agreed with some of the stuff he said but it was WAY over the top Paul, borderline ridiculous at times when it really didn't need to be like that. Everyone in this thread accepted Hafs opinions n him and agreed to his valid ones, Haf steadfastly refused to admit to anyone elses views being right or that he may of been overly critical of him.

In response to you Paul, Pads probably spoken for everyone who has apparently don't it just to have a go at haf. That's never been the case imo, myself or others. Defending someone's impact on the team shouldn't be dismissed out right because they're a dick. Lukaku was and is a bellend, doesn't meant he's as incapable (ability) as is often made out. People who "defend him" purely highlight the facts and the impact he has had. We're not naive or stupid, the guy never loved Everton and we all knew it.

I'm pretty convinced most of the money has already been spent. Don't expect much more now.

Not arsed how much we spend, if the team is good enough to compete and the manager is happy then I'll be happy. I hope we see another striker, midfielder and full back, but I like the look of this squad.

:worship[1]:

People have defended him needlessly mainly to goad or just go against Haf, fairly easy to pull posts to prove it but what's the point the lads off he's shown his true nature that many have seen for longer than others so let him move on as we will

Exactly.... fuckin hilarious.

"We are only defending him as a footballer blah blah"

No... most people on here have brushed over his tittish behaviour time after time. And yes mainly to conflict with me...

Fact is he is the prick I always said he was with a shit attitude.

And yeah he's over rated too

Edited by Hafnia

Exactly.... fuckin hilarious.

"We are only defending him as a footballer blah blah"

No... most people on here have brushed over his tittish behaviour time after time. And yes mainly to conflict with me...

Fact is he is the prick I always said he was with a shit attitude.

And yeah he's over rated too

Persecution complex.

Very little reason not to admire his football.

It is just the fact that he never really bothered to make himself likable. Only things we ever heard from Lukaku when he said something was about transferring, maybe going to bigger clubs, yadayada. He may be a lot more honest than most other footballers, but fans don't wanna hear that stuff. It gets annoying to be reminded of not being the best of the best where you'd rather hear him say nice things about the club and the people. But he never did that despite his prime position as the club's top striker. And that's why we're torn. Despite the fact that he's simply the best thing that happened to EFC in a very long time, purely from the combined sporty and financial point of view. And that's fine. It's part of the whole game as well.

As odd as it sounds what is happening with this actually shows how far we've come as a football club. Most of us aren't gutted he's going, it's actually more of a feeling of excitement in wondering how we're going to replace him, how we're going to spend the money he'll bring in.

In the past the majority of fans would be sat there worried about what was going to happen next, if we'd replace him at all. But this feels different, it's seen more as opportunity.

I'm not going to sit here and say I'm glad he's going because I'm not, I'd much rather we kept a quality goalscorer like him and I've always said that. But I've also always said I'm all about Everton Football Club and I'd sell any player if it makes sense. He doesn't want to be here and we're getting a lot of money in for him, so it makes sense. I won't wish him luck, that would be false because I wish him nothing but abject failure as he's now an enemy.

We'll be fine and it's exciting to wonder how we'll make ourselves bigger and better from this. Come on you blues!

I agree with what you wrote, with one exception: I never wish people failure. Failure against Everton, maybe, but not failure in general. I wish him the best.

Many of the top players in the world become prima donnas, and Rom appears to be treading that same path. Personally, I hate that attitude and prefer individuals who don't change - whether they're growing up in a slum or earning millions. One of the things that characterizes the Chelsea's and United's of the world is that they embrace prima donnas, even encourage them. That should never be the way of "The People's Club', and I'm guessing it's the principal bone in our collective throat. Players like Baines exemplify the attitude I admire. Right now, I'm hoping that Ross remembers his roots, too.

Haf leave this thread just for one day. Enjoy the Rooney media bandwagon and then start a fresh tomorrow when he leaves.

Nope. Why? Because my opinion of him remains that

1. He's a prick

2. That he actually isn't really that good.

3. Without him we will prosper... we may not get a 20 goal striker but the team will be better because of what we lose with him in it.

Part 1 is fact

Part 2 is opinion

Part 3 will be proven.

People haven't defended him people have just pointed out he's a good striker, one of the best we've had here for years that can't be denied the evidence is there for the world to see.

So he said things that he didn't want to stay here, he wanted a bigger club, he didn't think we could fill his ambitions, so fucking what he never come here as a hardened Everton supporter who promised he commit the rest of his playing career to us, he was always looking at his time here as a stepping stone to some where else.

And luckily for us he excelled in his time here, and after you deduct what we paid for him we've made 70M in profit, that sort of money is going to help us massively to move this club a step further to where we want to be.

So let's use the money wisely and move on to our goal of making this the best team in the country again, and stop going over the same arguments about him constantly, he's gone now so like Pad said it's done move on, and that means you as well Haf and if we do that your record for this thread history, just like Roms time with us history now.

Nope. Why? Because my opinion of him remains that

1. He's a prick

2. That he actually isn't really that good.

3. Without him we will prosper... we may not get a 20 goal striker but the team will be better because of what we lose with him in it.

Part 1 is fact

Part 2 is opinion

Part 3 will be proven.

Part 1, so what if he is?

Part 2. In what way he scored goals and was one of the most prolific in that respect last season. Correct me if I am wrong but his priority was to score goals, after all that was why we bought him.

Part 3. I hope you are not wrong.

Oh fuck off with the persecution complex... I couldn't give a fuck whether people like, dislike agree or disagree with me. My opinion is my opinion.

There a a few sycophants on here though.

Then why do you suggest people are picking on you? If you don't care why would it bother you even if it were true (which in my opinion it isn't). There are sycophants on here for sure, several of them back you and you happily quote them and bask in their support.

You just don't seem to get the fact that other people are coming from a different angle on this and using different terms of reference, Rom's character doesn't come into it. Your "stats" (eg one footed, can't head the ball, can't score at the end of the season) have been totally blown out of the water so you return to the, "Yeah but he's a tit" corner while ignoring actual factual posts. Your assertion that he hadn't scored in x number of games at the end of every season for example was just plain false but you just can't bring yourself to say, "OK I was wrong on that". You just ignore it. This is why people (myself included) get frustrated with you.

Let it go before your head explodes.

People haven't defended him people have just pointed out he's a good striker, one of the best we've had here for years that can't be denied the evidence is there for the world to see.

So he said things that he didn't want to stay here, he wanted a bigger club, he didn't think we could fill his ambitions, so fucking what he never come here as a hardened Everton supporter who promised he commit the rest of his playing career to us, he was always looking at his time here as a stepping stone to some where else.

And luckily for us he excelled in his time here, and after you deduct what we paid for him we've made 70M in profit, that sort of money is going to help us massively to move this club a step further to where we want to be.

So let's use the money wisely and move on to our goal of making this the best team in the country again, and stop going over the same arguments about him constantly, he's gone now so like Pad said it's done move on, and that means you as well Haf and if we do that your record for this thread history, just like Roms time with us history now.

I take it were not moving on then.

Then why do you suggest people are picking on you? If you don't care why would it bother you even if it were true (which in my opinion it isn't). There are sycophants on here for sure, several of them back you and you happily quote them and bask in their support.

You just don't seem to get the fact that other people are coming from a different angle on this and using different terms of reference, Rom's character doesn't come into it. Your "stats" (eg one footed, can't head the ball, can't score at the end of the season) have been totally blown out of the water so you return to the, "Yeah but he's a tit" corner while ignoring actual factual posts. Your assertion that he hadn't scored in x number of games at the end of every season for example was just plain false but you just can't bring yourself to say, "OK I was wrong on that". You just ignore it. This is why people (myself included) get frustrated with you.

Let it go before your head explodes.

Leave the drug store psychology alone mike. Picking on me?

Get another 20 or 30 baiters... more the merrier... has it stopped it changed me in 4 years? Nope.

It's quite clear that people enjoy engaging in debate/baiting.... otherwise why do they do it?

One footed? I'll leave it to you if you want to tell me he's got a decent right foot. Hit and miss. The stats may show he scores goals with it.... my memory and judgement tells me he lashes the ball miles over the bar with it.

Quite funny... you seem to doggedly hang on the the areas of debate that you've engaged with me on and yet I'm the one who needs to let it go....

There is so much anger in the thread at the moment.... quite puzzling really.

I feel like I did when that lot got moyes... happy and confident that he will look a failure. The sane story will unfold.

Edited by Hafnia