IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

From the hafnia website...

1. It's not difficult for Rom to be Evertons best goalscorer in a season since lineker... since 1987 the club has bought some low level budget dog shit strikers... at the time of his purchase Rom cost more money than the 4 previous record signing strikers COMBINED.

Yakubu+beattie+AJ+barmby

I'd argue with football inflation taken into account he was 'cheaper' than all three strikers. Above average strikers like Bony and Benteke went for similar.

Ok... let's put it another way... we are getting £75m for a player who can't header a ball, can't control a ball... doesn't want to be here and never really has...

Who can't link up play but scores an average of 9 goals a season more than the attacking mids like fellaini or cahill who used to occupy the position of top scorer.

Glad to see you've seen sense and dropped the "one footed" argument as quick as the Tories drop manifesto policy :lol:.

I fail to understand how anyone can be over the moon about losing the best goalscorer Everton have had in many years. I for one am grateful for all he's done during his time with the club and wish him nothing but the best.

I see this as being Wayne Rooney 2004 version 2.0

Glad to see you've seen sense and dropped the "one footed" argument as quick as the Tories drop manifesto policy :lol:.

Less of an issue than it was... He still strongly favours his left.

Without question his shooting from outside the box with it is poor. Loads blazed over.

Compare him to Kane in that respect. He will shoot from 25 yards with either foot.

Without question his shooting from outside the box with it is poor. Loads blazed over.

Compare him to Kane in that respect. He will shoot from 25 yards with either foot.

But is more one footed looking at the ones that go in.

Just to highlight the rediculous 'inflation' in football prices, Haf aside, would any one take Bolasie+Benteke+£12m for Lukaku. That's why I think Lukaku is worth much more.

Edited by pete0

But is more one footed looking at the ones that go in.

Just to highlight the rediculous 'inflation' in football prices, Haf aside, would any one take Bolasie+Benteke+£12m for Lukaku. That's why I think Lukaku is worth much more.

Why is He? Bolassie is the "illusion" in your argument. £28m for him which is looking bad business given his injury.

On its own merit... £75m rising to £90m is outstanding business.

He really isn't that good. Theres hardly any United fans euphoric about it saying they've got a bargain.

I did compare him with Kane last year.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/28171-martinez-wins-l10m-compensation-for-being-sacked/&do=findComment&comment=538139

Kane may shoot with either foot but he still (at that time) only had 26% of his (non headed) goals with his wrong peg while Rom had 36%; and that was back when you were claiming it was a big issue. So it self evidently wasn't an issue then and you think it's less of an issue now then...well...not a lot more to be said. I also found a stat that he was was only behind one of those guys in headed goal percentage IIRC but I can't find it.

Seeing as he's still an Everton player, though likely not for long, I'm going to still forgive his short-comings for one simple reason - he scored a lot of goals, which was his job. Not holding up, not close control - scoring goals.

I found a nice little compliation of the 81 goals he scored in his 4 seasons. Funnily enough, it's 7 times longer than that poor control video. Enjoy :)

I've been fairly ambivalent to the whole thing. If he stays, great. If he goes, so be it, he's replaceable, we'll just shift tactics slightly and the club will go on, like Spurs did when Bale went. 75 million plus add-ons is a decent price, and I really hope it'll be invested in a couple of other forwards. I get the impression Koeman is looking to recreate the kind of style he fostered at Southampton, albeit with much higher quality players. To that end, I really hope we take a look at 2 Italian lads, Bernardeschi at Fiorentina and Belotti at Torino. I know Italians rarely make the grade in the Premier League, but these two are very special talents imo.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/28171-martinez-wins-l10m-compensation-for-being-sacked/&do=findComment&comment=538139

Kane may shoot with either foot but he still (at that time) only had 26% of his (non headed) goals with his wrong peg while Rom had 36%; and that was back when you were claiming it was a big issue. So it self evidently wasn't an issue then and you think it's less of an issue now then...well...not a lot more to be said. I also found a stat that he was was only behind one of those guys in headed goal percentage IIRC but I can't find it.

His heading is better than Kane's.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/04/romelu-lukaku-harry-kane-everton-tottenham-hotspur

It never used to be but it certainly is now.... I wouldn't say he can't header a ball.... let's just say he really does struggle with anticipating the flight of a ball and timing his jump.... Will that do?

I mean... let's face it. I've never seen someone header fresh air as much as he does.

My criticism over the top? Like a goal kick above his head?

https://media.balls.ie/uploads/2013/11/ipbU8PNGB3JOb.gif

Somehow missed fresh air there and headed a decent goal. must have been luck or against a bottom half team.......or not

Are you saying lukaku is better with either foot than kane?

You could find 5000 pages of stats that could tell me that lukaku is better with his weaker foot than kane and I would immediately question them purely on the basis of what I witness with my own eyes.

I would go as far to say Kane is possibly the best 2 footed striker out there at the moment.

Did Rom score any goals outside the box last season? I'm pretty sure we scored one goal from open play from outside the box.... was it mirallas?

Kane on the other hand scored 5 goals with both feet outside the box.

Massive difference between the two players in terms of the ability to shoot and use their weaker feet with power and authority.

Are you saying lukaku is better with either foot than kane?

You could find 5000 pages of stats that could tell me that lukaku is better with his weaker foot than kane and I would immediately question them purely on the basis of what I witness with my own eyes.

I would go as far to say Kane is possibly the best 2 footed striker out there at the moment.

Did Rom score any goals outside the box last season? I'm pretty sure we scored one goal from open play from outside the box.... was it mirallas?

Kane on the other hand scored 5 goals with both feet outside the box.

Massive difference between the two players in terms of the ability to shoot and use their weaker feet with power and authority.

Ever heard of implicit bias?

I've demonstrated that (I'll say it again) when I got those figures last Sept he'd scored 26% of his goals with his weak side while Rom (coincidentally having exactly the same number of goals scored) had 36%.

Your statement is patently obviously and provably completely inaccurate, despite what your (blinkered) eyes tell you.

You could easily make a two minute video of fuck-ups by Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez or whoever; it's no more representative than a two minute "highlight" reel.

I'm not too sure about that... the general rule is Rom has an awful first touch... those 3 you mentioned? You think they messed up balls like that? 1 in 500 maybe.

Honestly I will just be glad that he goes and this thread can finally die of the cancer that has been consuming it for a while now.

I just hope the cancer hasn't spread to other threads. If it goes malignant I may have to find a new site to inhabit.

Ffs find a better analogy. It's a football discussion.

Actually... not better. Just less tasteless.

Edited by Hafnia

After a thirty second google, I could try and find more if you like, just making a point.

Is there a footballer on the planet that never made a mistake? Nope. I'm pretty sure there will be some of the great Lionel Messi... I've seen tiger woods shank a golf ball.

The difference is lukaku has made a name for himself by having a shite first touch... fire a ball at Messi from 30 yards and 19/20 balls would be killed stone dead. Do the same at lukaku and he would probably kill about 19 spectators.

Edited by Hafnia

Honestly I will just be glad that he goes and this thread can finally die of the cancer that has been consuming it for a while now.

I just hope the cancer hasn't spread to other threads. If it goes malignant I may have to find a new site to inhabit.

It's a good thread if you are neutral.

Good arguments on both sides and stats to back each argument up. It's only bad for the Lukaku ass lickers or Lukaku butt hurts haha.

I honestly think there is much more sense comes from this thread than any other.

And it made Haf famous! Don't think he is worth 150k a week though.

It's a good thread if you are neutral.

Good arguments on both sides and stats to back each argument up. It's only bad for the Lukaku ass lickers or Lukaku butt hurts haha.

I honestly think there is much more sense comes from this thread than any other.

And it made Haf famous! Don't think he is worth 150k a week though.

I'm worth more than £150k a week.