IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

52 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Tbh, we should have kept him for another year- if he'd of scored 20 plus again we would have got 75 for him next summer and we would have had the striker we need.

He'd have been dropped to the U23s due to Niasse's brilliance, had his locker taken away and we'd have sold him to Accington for £4.50 (with a potential 25p add-on).

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

He's going to score 40 this season in all competitions. We should have asked £150 million for him.

I got laughed at for saying that at the time. We have been bumped looking at the market eg. £45m for Sigurdssen £220 Neymar, Soton turned down £70 for a centre half, Liverpool turned down £120+ for Coutinho and Lukaku should be going for more than him. 

18 hours ago, Paddock said:

Tbh, we should have kept him for another year- if he'd of scored 20 plus again we would have got 75 for him next summer and we would have had the striker we need.

Again.... I do not see what he would have done for us in the games we have played.

If we were generating chances and the strikers were getting shots saved or missing the target then yeah - the lad is a finisher no doubt about it and his absence would be really felt.

The reality is that the manager has messed about with the team so much that we have absolutely no pattern or substance to our play.... we have deep defenders, deep midfielders, no width and he would be isolated much more than his lack of movement usually dictates.

In reality it's only when we see DCL played centrally or niasse working his balls off that we have had any presence or ability to make the ball stick up there.  That isn't lukakus game as we well know.

If we had him right now he would have his face in his boots - maybe 2 or 3 goals to his name max and a desire to get sold in January. 

20 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Because we wouldn't be set up like we are now if Lukaku was still here and he scores goals- whether you like it or not he scores them for fun and it's what we are massively lacking, we have no outlet, no one who the opposition are shit scared of so they have to think around us.

He doesn't score goals out of nothing he needs service. Every single goal for United has been put on a plate for him. 

DCL has been a far better outlet than lukaku has proven to be in the last 3 years.  It's just our manager hasn't used him right... he played him on the flank or not at all. 

I would argue that koemans persistence in using Rooney as a hybrid striker midfielder has cost us big.  It does not work at all. 

7 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He doesn't score goals out of nothing he needs service. Every single goal for United has been put on a plate for him. 

DCL has been a far better outlet than lukaku has proven to be in the last 3 years.  It's just our manager hasn't used him right... he played him on the flank or not at all. 

I would argue that koemans persistence in using Rooney as a hybrid striker midfielder has cost us big.  It does not work at all. 

And he would have either Rooney, Klassen or Sigguardson to supply him. The plan all along was to have a striker with any of those behind said striker with them rotating for certain games.

And DCL offers nowhere near what Lukaku does Haf, fucking hell mate- for an intelligent fella you don't half let your blind hate of him make you say stupid things.

8 minutes ago, hafnia said:

We've not exactly put any chances on a plate for our strikers. Think we should look at the lack of creativity from midfield. 

6 minutes ago, Paddock said:

And he would have either Rooney, Klassen or Sigguardson to supply him. The plan all along was to have a striker with any of those behind said striker with them rotating for certain games.

And DCL offers nowhere near what Lukaku does Haf, fucking hell mate- for an intelligent fella you don't half let your blind hate of him make you say stupid things.

DCL offers a far better option as a target man... far better. That isn't even up for debate his control, hold up play, aerial ability miles ahead. 

Lukaku is a top finisher - plain and simple and is a better finisher than DCL. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

DCL offers a far better option as a target man... far better. That isn't even up for debate his control, hold up play, aerial ability miles ahead. 

Haf, seriously- have a day off mate- Calvert Lewin is nowhere near Lukaku in any aspect.

3 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Haf, seriously- have a day off mate- Calvert Lewin is nowhere near Lukaku in any aspect.

You are saying that lukaku is a better hold up player than DCL and better in the air???

Absolute nonsense.

Just cos he ain't a household name doesn't mean he doesn't do things better than a household name.

DCL does a far better job at getting at defenders than Rom. It's as clear as day.

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

You are saying that lukaku is a better hold up player than DCL and better in the air???

Absolute nonsense.

Just cos he ain't a household name doesn't mean he doesn't do things better than a household name.

DCL does a far better job at getting at defenders than Rom. It's as clear as day.

Yes I am, 100% DCL is not even half the player Lukaku is at the moment.

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

Yes I am, 100% DCL is not even half the player Lukaku is at the moment.

It depends on much you apportion "finishing" as being part of "player".... if finishing constitutes 90% then fair enough.

But for me being able to control a ball, pass it, hold it up etc is pretty important and DCL is better in all those aspects. Which is my point. 

I guarantee you in a poll of 50,000 fans you would be the only one who would sooner have DCL instead of Lukaku in your team in terms of ability. Foget how much of a twat he is just a straight wuestion, for the good of your team results wise who would you rather have.

The answer is Lukaku 49,999 to a Hafnia vote. Let it go mate, he's gone and he's a cunt but he's smashing it at Utd and he will all season because he has much better players around him who will give him lots more chances that he will tuck away.

11 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I guarantee you in a poll of 50,000 fans you would be the only one who would sooner have DCL instead of Lukaku in your team in terms of ability. Foget how much of a twat he is just a straight wuestion, for the good of your team results wise who would you rather have.

The answer is Lukaku 49,999 to a Hafnia vote. Let it go mate, he's gone and he's a cunt but he's smashing it at Utd and he will all season because he has much better players around him who will give him lots more chances that he will tuck away.

I never asked "who you would rather have"

I asked you whether you believe lukaku is better at controlling a ball, passing, holding it up and jumping for headers?

Now ask 50,0000 Evertonians thatand you will find them voting for DCL. 

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

I never asked "who you would rather have"

I asked you whether you believe lukaku is better at controlling a ball, passing, holding it up and jumping for headers?

Now ask 50,0000 Evertonians thatand you will find them voting for DCL. 

And I said Lukaku is a better all round player- He is a better header of the ball than him easily DCL has missed a few very easy headers- Hull away springs to mind and one on Saturday, Lukaku bosses defenddrs and holds the ball up much better than him also- control wise- who cares. End statistic will be Lukaku 40 plus goals DCL 10 plus and that's the big difference.

It astounds me that you would prefer him to Lukaku in your team- your opinion is based on your hatred and down right refusal to admit you were wreng about Lukaku who continues to get better and score loads of goals but fuck it- who needs him when DCL can twat him in keepy ups.

21 minutes ago, Paddock said:

And I said Lukaku is a better all round player- He is a better header of the ball than him easily DCL has missed a few very easy headers- Hull away springs to mind and one on Saturday, Lukaku bosses defenddrs and holds the ball up much better than him also- control wise- who cares. End statistic will be Lukaku 40 plus goals DCL 10 plus and that's the big difference.

It astounds me that you would prefer him to Lukaku in your team- your opinion is based on your hatred and down right refusal to admit you were wreng about Lukaku who continues to get better and score loads of goals but fuck it- who needs him when DCL can twat him in keepy ups.

I haven't said I would have DCL ahead of lukaku. No where have I said that.  Not sure how you have created different arguments to what i have stated but i understand why.

I have said he has better aerial ability which he has. Better at holding up the ball, pressing defenders and at this moment that is what we need to make up for the shite play from midfield. 

I would have DCL alongside lukaku. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

I haven't said I would have DCL ahead of lukaku. No where have I said that.  Not sure how you have created different arguments to what i have stated but i understand why.

I have said he has better aerial ability which he has. Better at holding up the ball, pressing defenders and at this moment that is what we need to make up for the shite play from midfield. 

I would have DCL alongside lukaku. 

If you had to pick one- which one would it be?

9 hours ago, hafnia said:

I was very impressed with DC-L's first touch in the lead-up to Niasse's second goal, I think it was. Stopped a long pass on a dime. As you rightly point out, he's not (yet) a clinical finisher. His positioning is good, though. For Niasse's first goal, DC-L was also right there to take the ball from Davies if needed.

9 hours ago, hafnia said:

Absolute nonsense.

So how come he's not playing for Belgium instead of Lukaku, then? Answer me that!

5 hours ago, Paddock said:

His flying header that hit the post was rather good, though. He'll improve with time, I have no doubt.