IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

39 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

The problem wasnt masked by lukaku... his sale unveiled that our manager has absolutely no idea on how to build a side with a substantial kitty. 

We could have started the season with exactly tgevsame side and tactics as then and of last season with DCL in lukakus place and we would look far better than we do now.

Koeman has completely unbalanced the side - put square pegs into round holes. Destablised the team, lost the players confidence and essentially loaded us with a bunch of attacking midfielders playing in front of 2 DM's who don't know their jobs.

You could get Luis Suarez to play in our side and it would count for fuck all under this manager. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lowensda said:

We miss you x

Please come back.

You ARE a better player than DCL.

Hes a different player, and a talented one in the making.

but he's a support striker for now. He needs, just like Rom needed, players around him. The difference is, Rom would score regardless and create a threat. DCL Isnt there yet

Lets face it.....the only team that either side has played of note has been Liverpool.... Kane scored 2 and absolutely terrorised them, Lukaku was pretty pathetic.

Kane is head and shoulders better than Lukaku - its was closer last year..... Kane has kicked on, getting better all the time...

As Jurgen Klopp pointed out - if you stop Lukaku getting the ball passed to him in goal scoring position you can stop him and keep him quiet.  With Kane - he is involved even when not scoring  - 100% one of the best strikers in the world he said.

Not sure why I need to explain this....  "HAD NO SERVICE" "ISOLATED"....  shouts were all the rage for poor old rom on here....

53 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Not sure why I need to explain this....  "HAD NO SERVICE" "ISOLATED"....  shouts were all the rage for poor old rom on here....

He's had half as many shots so I'd imagine he's being given less service, when considering United are more defensive as well. Yet only scored one less goal. United can pry any player they want apart from those already set Real, Barca, or Bayern. They went for Lukaku, says it all really. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's had half as many shots do I'd imagine he's being less service, considering United are more defensive as well. Yet only scored one less goal. United can pry any player they want apart from those already set Real, Barca, or Bayern. They went for Lukaku, says it all really. 

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

40% more key passes, and 50% better conversion rate. Kane has him beat on take-ons but what's the point of you're not gonna pass and just put it over the bar. 

Stop letting facts cloud your judgment pete.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He's had half as many shots so I'd imagine he's being given less service, when considering United are more defensive as well. Yet only scored one less goal. United can pry any player they want apart from those already set Real, Barca, or Bayern. They went for Lukaku, says it all really. 

It's always worth doing a bit more research Pete.... like mike says.... don't let facts get in the way of opinion....

"One notable difference between the players is the locations from where they shoot. Kane is far more dynamic and will attempt to shoot from almost any angle or range - epitomised by the attempt from inside in his own half - shown on the map below.

skysports-lukaku-kane-graphic-man-utd-to

Kane's long-range goalscoring also has a trajectory in ascent, striking two from outside the box in 2015/16, five last term and hitting two this season, already.

In contrast, Lukaku is yet to score from range during this campaign and only netted one in each of the last two seasons.

There is your answer.....  bluntly put.  Lukaku offers very little threat from distance.  Kane can score from distance and hence will pull the trigger from all over the place.  This puts shot conversion into context.

Lukaku is a penno box operator.... Kane? Deadly from everywhere.

Next!

Next? All you've confirmed is that they're both very good players who have different abilities to score lots of goals in different ways. 

Regarding Kane, I'll hold my hands up; hes come a long way from the awful u23s World Cup where I saw him miss sitter and one on ones time and time again. He's turned into a quality player and could be better than Shearer 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Next? All you've confirmed is that they're both very good players who have different abilities to score lots of goals in different ways. 

Regarding Kane, I'll hold my hands up; hes come a long way from the awful u23s World Cup where I saw him miss sitter and one on ones time and time again. He's turned into a quality player and could be better than Shearer 

One is a very good finisher... one is a very good footballer and finisher.

I said from the start that Kane will go on to have a tremendous career  because of his solid work application, and a desire to learn.  

One tends to finish in the box when it's put on a plate,  the other works his plums off for the team, can hold up the ball and can finish from literally anywhere. 

Just now, hafnia said:

One is a very good finisher... one is a very good footballer and finisher.

I said from the start that Kane will go on to have a tremendous career  because of his solid work application, and a desire to learn.  

One tends to finish in the box when it's put on a plate,  the other works his plums off for the team, can hold up the ball and can finish from literally anywhere. 

Take Eriksen out of that team and the space and chances drop dramatically. The guy creates so much space not to mention his passing etc. If we had had him in our team, Rom would get 30-40 a season. Alas, neither are so it's pointless speculation

Kane can be a bit of a headless chicken sometimes, but I can't argue his workrate. His presence alone creates so many issues for defences because they know he's a threat. Same for Rom in my opinion

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Take Eriksen out of that team and the space and chances drop dramatically. The guy creates so much space not to mention his passing etc. If we had had him in our team, Rom would get 30-40 a season. Alas, neither are so it's pointless speculation

Kane can be a bit of a headless chicken sometimes, but I can't argue his workrate. His presence alone creates so many issues for defences because they know he's a threat. Same for Rom in my opinion

Would he really?  I very much doubt it. Lukakus movement is shite compared to kanes.

Man United fans are already onto lukakus poor movement.

Take and compare Kane vs Liverpool to lukaku vs Liverpool.  Night and day difference - no comparison whatsoever. 

A player can only be a great passer if someone in front has great movement. 

51 minutes ago, hafnia said:

It's always worth doing a bit more research Pete.... like mike says.... don't let facts get in the way of opinion....

"One notable difference between the players is the locations from where they shoot. Kane is far more dynamic and will attempt to shoot from almost any angle or range - epitomised by the attempt from inside in his own half - shown on the map below.

skysports-lukaku-kane-graphic-man-utd-to

Kane's long-range goalscoring also has a trajectory in ascent, striking two from outside the box in 2015/16, five last term and hitting two this season, already.

In contrast, Lukaku is yet to score from range during this campaign and only netted one in each of the last two seasons.

There is your answer.....  bluntly put.  Lukaku offers very little threat from distance.  Kane can score from distance and hence will pull the trigger from all over the place.  This puts shot conversion into context.

Lukaku is a penno box operator.... Kane? Deadly from everywhere.

Next!

You've proved a previous point of mine that he's a hit and hoper. 2 goals from distance yet only creates 1 chance per game. Wonder how many more the team would score if he passed the ball? 

Most of Kanes are flukes from mistakes eg. Everton and Liverpool. Lukaku is a pure goal scorer and gets just as many even though he's not getting fed as much. 

Why did Man United buy Lukaku and not Kane? 

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So because Kane takes (almost) twice as many pots per game, and more from distance; that makes him a better footballer than someone who has a significantly better conversion/accuracy rate? OK.

not to mention he took a ton of outside the box shots and made 2, terrible conversion rate for his supposed amazing shooting ability.  

25 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You've proved a previous point of mine that he's a hit and hoper. 2 goals from distance yet only creates 1 chance per game. Wonder how many more the team would score if he passed the ball? 

Most of Kanes are flukes from mistakes eg. Everton and Liverpool. Lukaku is a pure goal scorer and gets just as many even though he's not getting fed as much. 

Why did Man United buy Lukaku and not Kane? 

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/26/tottenham-set-massive-asking-price-for-harry-kane-to-ward-off-manchester-united-interest-6734650/

200 million reasons they never signed him.  That amount has since been reaffirmed by spurs publicslly. 

35 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So because Kane takes (almost) twice as many pots per game, and more from distance; that makes him a better footballer than someone who has a significantly better conversion/accuracy rate? OK.

No what makes him a better footballer is that:-

1.  He can control a football

2. He can actually hit the target from distance with regularity. (Obviously the % conversion rates will drop as the keeper has better chance to save)

3. He can hold up play and defend from the front.

Based on your conversion rate argument i guess you would argue James McCarthy is a better passer of  the ball than Xabi Alonso? If he had 85% completion of an average 8 metres vs Alonso 80% at 15m???

13 minutes ago, hafnia said:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/26/tottenham-set-massive-asking-price-for-harry-kane-to-ward-off-manchester-united-interest-6734650/

200 million reasons they never signed him.  That amount has since been reaffirmed by spurs publicslly. 

Money is no object at United. If a player is marginally better they will pay the extra even if that means double.