IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

Why are we so immersed in him still hasn't played for us for 18 months who really gives a shite here how he plays.

For the same reason the thread was so lively before we even signed him.... because he is all about hype and exposure.  Even before he had done fuck all he was hyped beyond all logic. 

He brings so much on himself with his big mouth... some football fans are a bit more savvy than to buy into a striker who gives the ball away a lot but scores hatfuls against shit defences.   Unlike us... United fans have had the privledge of watching strikers for the past 20 years who weren't plucked from the bargain bucket on the way out of B&M....  so they see him for what he is.... a shit footballer.  

For us he averaged 16 goals a season and was feted as a world class talent.... and It gave him the platform to tell his managers how they should play football (basically forget nice football just lump it over the top on the counter attack and I can do that).  He took the piss out of us.... if he was Lionel Messi I wouldn't accept that shit but he's so fuckin far from Lionel Messi it's untrue and the fact that he did it should have meant the fans told him to fuck off.... not applaud him. 

Noone will pay anything near what we got for him. He will get sold by United- the fans have had it with him.   He got dropped for 4 games and United scored in each of them - a total of 7 goals.... 2 against us. He starts the first time against the 7th leakiest defence and has 20 touches in 90 minutes..... martial had the next fewest with 51.  

One United fan on Twitter had a rant when someone tried to give the "service" excuse to defend lukaku.  His response was "should we buy wingers who excuse the lack of crosses because the players don't pass the ball to them on the byline...." .  His movement is shit.... that is why he doesn't get the ball, he isolates himself.  Even if he drops deep he isn'tt reliable enough to take it and give it. 

I'm loving watching us under Silva. Watching us create opportunities in the final third... having a front 3 who can play football and seeing the likes of Gylfi get chances because the front 3 can involve the midfield. We may need a clinical striker till Richarlison matures into the role but he needs to be able to play football and that means anyone who resembles lukaku need not apply. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

For the same reason the thread was so lively before we even signed him.... because he is all about hype and exposure.  Even before he had done fuck all he was hyped beyond all logic. 

He brings so much on himself with his big mouth... some football fans are a bit more savvy than to buy into a striker who gives the ball away a lot but scores hatfuls against shit defences.   Unlike us... United fans have had the privledge of watching strikers for the past 20 years who weren't plucked from the bargain bucket on the way out of B&M....  so they see him for what he is.... a shit footballer.  

For us he averaged 16 goals a season and was feted as a world class talent.... and It gave him the platform to tell his managers how they should play football (basically forget nice football just lump it over the top on the counter attack and I can do that).  He took the piss out of us.... if he was Lionel Messi I wouldn't accept that shit but he's so fuckin far from Lionel Messi it's untrue and the fact that he did it should have meant the fans told him to fuck off.... not applaud him. 

Noone will pay anything near what we got for him. He will get sold by United- the fans have had it with him.   He got dropped for 4 games and United scored in each of them - a total of 7 goals.... 2 against us. He starts the first time against the 7th leakiest defence and has 20 touches in 90 minutes..... martial had the next fewest with 51.  

One United fan on Twitter had a rant when someone tried to give the "service" excuse to defend lukaku.  His response was "should we buy wingers who excuse the lack of crosses because the players don't pass the ball to them on the byline...." .  His movement is shit.... that is why he doesn't get the ball, he isolates himself.  Even if he drops deep he isn'ttt reliable enough to take it and give it. 

I'm loving watching us under Silva. Watching us create opportunities in the final third... having a front 3 who can play football and seeing the likes of Gylfi get chances because the front 3 can involve the midfield. We may need a clinical striker till Richarlison matures into the role but he needs to be able to play football and that means anyone who resembles lukaku need not apply. 

Don't think it's we may more we do.

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Don't think it's we may more we do.

Either way ... Needs to be a substantially better football player than lukaku.  

His agent has a job on his hands finding him his next club.  There is no way United fans are gonna stomach lukaku, matic and probably mourinho any longer. 

They are goosed.  They have spent a fortune on players and nothing is working. 

I wish we got lacazette when we sold Rom. Liked him for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Either way ... Needs to be a substantially better football player than lukaku.  

His agent has a job on his hands finding him his next club.  There is no way United fans are gonna stomach lukaku, matic and probably mourinho any longer. 

They are goosed.  They have spent a fortune on players and nothing is working. 

I wish we got lacazette when we sold Rom. Liked him for a long time. 

I was big on Martial but must admit having second thoughts on him he's becoming very lazy, to be fair most of Utd players look disinterested Mourinho is losing the dressing room with his negative football just as he did at Chelsea.

Good players want to express themselves and play attacking football, but Mourinho has put the shackles on them he will be gone soon.

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I was big on Martial but must admit having second thoughts on him he's becoming very lazy, to be fair most of Utd players look disinterested Mourinho is losing the dressing room with his negative football just as he did at Chelsea.

Good players want to express themselves and play attacking football, but Mourinho has put the shackles on them he will be gone soon.

I honestly see lukaku at West ham.  Be about the right fit for him.  Suits his big fish small pond mentality and he will get his own way a bit more. 

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

Interesting stat..... 20 goals out of circa 320 prem goals scored this season have come from counter attack/fast breaks. That's about 1 in 16.....

We have 2, Leicester lead on 4 and Bournemouth and Liverpool have 3. 

No place for him to play his trade here me thinks. 

Leicester was actually the team I thought he might go to next if he stays in the prem haha. 

7 hours ago, Vranny said:

Leicester was actually the team I thought he might go to next if he stays in the prem haha. 

Even so... 4 goals.

My argument a lot of the time when I heard "We don't play to his strengths" was that opposition's don't set themselves up to be exposed by his strengths.  

The only time opponents are prone to the counter is when the over commit.... usually when chasing the game.

When does lukaku score most of his goals??? Yep... when his team are already ahead and the opponents open up more.  Hence why his 25 goals kinda meant no chance to our position. 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

United fans who I work with think he is a joke. One lad was telling me how he watches the drills before the match and sees the ball bouncing off him everywhere. I believe he had 16 touches in the palace game 😂

And he only received one pass!

Haf should like this.  In Telegraph Sport today there is an item  - Man U expressing an interest in Arnautovic of West Ham.  That sums up Lukaku better than all the analysis provided by Haf.😁

2 hours ago, johnh said:

And he only received one pass!

Haf should like this.  In Telegraph Sport today there is an item  - Man U expressing an interest in Arnautovic of West Ham.  That sums up Lukaku better than all the analysis provided by Haf.😁

I predicted they would go for Arnautovic too.   He would do a great job for them. A pivot point. 

Richie will grow into that type of forward if he wanted to. Naturally strong... not the  "Oh he's 6ft 4 and 15st so he must be strong" ... he actually is strong. 

Injured himself with his attempt at a first touch. Probably ruled out of the Arsenal game on Wednesday now. 2nd lowest rated player on their fan site today after Pogba (who was utterly awful. I watched the game and couldn't believe he was a 90 million pound player. Always trying to do dumb flashy shit instead of keeping it simple. He needs to watch videos of Pirlo. Mourinho just called him out in his interview when he talked about the "genius of simplicity" in midfield).  

Kind of annoyed we didn't beat these, they're really a shit team   

10 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Oh, and whoever on the United staff is allowing Lukaku to become a bodybuilder should be fired. The guy's insanely huge for a footballer and it's affecting his ability to run and control a ball. 

His awful ability is what affects his ball control.... athletically he's still quick... just not as much off the mark. 

Although I take the Micky he's probably no heavier than 14.5 stone and is around 12% body fat.  He's just not strong.....  I'm deadly serious, I can spot a strong fucker.... big Dunc, keown, shearer, Kyle walker, Rooney, antonio valencia, Arnautovic all spring to mind.... lukaku reminds me of a lot of lads I've played against or trained in the gym with..... long limbed but unable to power them levers properly.  Has no aggression or timing. 

7 hours ago, Isaiah said:

I agree his touch was always relatively bad (it certainly wasn't one of his strengths, let's put it that way), but United fans who watch him every week say it's getting worse and worse, and they also blame his ballooning weight for it. Just one of many threads on the subject:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/lukakus-touch.443243/

No... the arrogant pricks that they are were told by the likes of myself that he had an awful touch and was overrated and they started giving it the "he's at United now, a big club. He will get service and score loads".... he has always been what he is. He does look bigger that's about it. 

All it is - is that he has been found out under the microscope of Man United.  His game does not stand up to scrutiny.... all very well scoring when your team is playing well.  Try making the difference when your team needs you to step up. He can't.  

At this level he is finished. No team in the top 6 or 7 will touch him.  Offers absolutely nothing outside of hitting a ball with his left foot if it comes to him in the box.  He will get a move a to a club where he feels he is top dog and park his arse where hevwabts and let others do the running round for him. 

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

No... the arrogant pricks that they are were told by the likes of myself that he had an awful touch and was overrated and they started giving it the "he's at United now, a big club. He will get service and score loads".... he has always been what he is. He does look bigger that's about it. 

All it is - is that he has been found out under the microscope of Man United.  His game does not stand up to scrutiny.... all very well scoring when your team is playing well.  Try making the difference when your team needs you to step up. He can't.  

At this level he is finished. No team in the top 6 or 7 will touch him.  Offers absolutely nothing outside of hitting a ball with his left foot if it comes to him in the box.  He will get a move a to a club where he feels he is top dog and park his arse where hevwabts and let others do the running round for him. 

Not disagreeing with a lot of that but I long ago debunked the one footed theory so you should really let that go.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Not disagreeing with a lot of that but I long ago debunked the one footed theory so you should really let that go.

I still maintain he's ridiculously one footed. He has scored goals with his right foot - the same way I used to score with my left, placement..  Would I tee myself up to strike it from 20 yards on my left peg? No chance.   Compare his supposed weaker foot with Kane... he can shoot either foot any distance.   

Many of lukakus big misses are with his right foot.  If squawka has its stats site I'll tryband prove it. 

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

By all accounts played very well today good movement to create space for others and a well taken goal, if he was here with the opportunities we create he would be in double figures already this season.

He just scored his first goal... a tap in in nigh on 1000 minutes of football Palf...against Fulham when the match was out of their reach funny enough....

He managed to get another lukaku touch added to the highlight reel too.... can't paste it but basically he manages to mess up a simple pass that would have had him clean through on goal. Awful. 

Why when we have a brand of football that is demanding for the more competent footballers in terms of speed of play, precision and touch would you think he is the right player to score goals for us?  Your suggestion is taking us back in time.

He can't hack it at United yet you are suggesting we somehow bring him back here? For us to progress we need players who could succeed at United. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

He just scored his first goal... a tap in in nigh on 1000 minutes of football Palf...against Fulham when the match was out of their reach funny enough....

He managed to get another lukaku touch added to the highlight reel too.... can't paste it but basically he manages to mess up a simple pass that would have had him clean through on goal. Awful. 

Why when we have a brand of football that is demanding for the more competent footballers in terms of speed of play, precision and touch would you think he is the right player to score goals for us?  Your suggestion is taking us back in time.

He can't hack it at United yet you are suggesting we somehow bring him back here? For us to progress we need players who could succeed at United. 

But he still had a good game yesterday with his overall play.

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But he still had a good game yesterday with his overall play.

Against Fulham.... first game in a long time. A £90m striker.... let that sink in. 

As I always said 'he picks his mood.  He needs to be 100% up for it, his touch needs to be less disastrous.  It's like you need the stars to align to get value out of him.

It's like having Darron Gibson in midfield .... you end up with a load of shite ganes in the hope of the great one off game you may get 3 times a season. Untrustworthy.  He's United's problem.... he will be gone before long and they will be competing with us in the striker market. 

I'm hopeful brands has his targets in Jan.