IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

Ironically I thought he worked hard tonight. He does look massive though, not sure if its the pies or the gym but he is far too big and it makes him look even more cumbersome than he already is.

I don't know what his average scores out of ten were but quite a few pundits saw it the same way as you that he put a good shift in mainly in the way he worked with out the ball, I also noticed that he has become more of a team player in his attitude towards his team mates has the Fergie influence at the training ground rubbed off on him.

Gets dropped so comes in and works hard.... standard Rom.  Pity he's got awful footballing ability. 

I like those players that don't need intermittent bench warnings to get a message home.  That's why I struggle with the likes of Theo.

He looks like he's on the ashley williams diet. Disgrace for a youngish player to be so big. His metabolic age is 5 years older than it should be.  He will be slowing down over the next 2 years and then that's him done. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Needs a wage increase because he performed a miracle yesterday and did something he shouldn’t be physically capable of. Scoring from outside the penalty area. And with his right foot :o 

Is he back to being a beast? It must be a full moon or something.  Blind squirrel and nuts spring to mind. 

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

his agent is in the press today talking about a move to italy.  oh how the mighty have fallen.  i remember him and his father (or agent?) bashing italy and saying he was a level about their football.  i'm guessing china is next on the list.

we made out like bandits :)

Turkey/China was my prediction or a west ham... I don't think it's how the mighty have fallen to be honest, he was just never that good in the first place.  His technical limitations and contrary nature being the issue.

DCL has an abundance of what lukaku didn't have and never really had it in him to strive for - guts, commitment to learn and some technical proficiency.

Of course I'd love DCL to have lukakus poaching ability but I think that will come with confidence and experience.  Lukaku had already played more first team football before he moved to Chelsea than DCL has right now. 

7 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Turkey/China was my prediction or a west ham... I don't think it's how the mighty have fallen to be honest, he was just never that good in the first place.  His technical limitations and contrary nature being the issue.

DCL has an abundance of what lukaku didn't have and never really had it in him to strive for - guts, commitment to learn and some technical proficiency.

Of course I'd love DCL to have lukakus poaching ability but I think that will come with confidence and experience.  Lukaku had already played more first team football before he moved to Chelsea than DCL has right now. 

west ham, truly the ultimate in buying has-beens

2 hours ago, Bill said:

But they won't want Lukaku they already have Andy Carrol, ...................aargh I see what you mean. 😂

Surely he's gonna be up there with Sebastian Veron and Angel DiMaria as their biggest wastes of money....

Their fans are fuming with the timing of this - not arsed that he wants to go as he's 3rd choice striker but the fact that they are in the hunt for top 4 and he's talking post season stuff. 

I think they will get £45m back for him which in this inflated market is a big loss.  We would prob get £20m for Tosun. 

8 hours ago, StevO said:

I’d give them £45m to take him back. 

I thought the days of buying 3rd choice rejects from the likes of United were gone to be honest.  I wouldn't dream of putting him in the setup that seems to be giving DCL such rapid development. 

The next club that takes him is going to have to put up with all his stroppy media bollocks when things don't go his way.... if he pulls that shit at United - then he will do it again no matter where he goes. 

I said it before we sold him to that lot - I'd have gone all out for Rashford as part exchange cos he will be the main striker ahead of lukaku... so much so that he is on Real Madrids and Barcas radar... 

For me DCL is of a similar ilk to rashford - similar athletes but rashford more skillfull and a better finisher with DCL a more forceful number 9 type striker.  

On 06/07/2017 at 16:20, hafnia said:

Mark my words.... rashford will be ahead of him in the pecking order before long.

Little bit of filling out and he will be there..

Bear in mind I said this when lukaku moved for a £90m deal and Rashford had played less than 40 games (on wing) and was 19 years old....

Not being a smart arse.... just me justifying that despite me making some supposedly laughable shouts they weren't all that laughable.  Rashford or martial would be immense in our side. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

I thought the days of buying 3rd choice rejects from the likes of United were gone to be honest. 

Being behind Rashford and Martial is nothing to be ashamed of. Any of those three would get in our team, each one is far far ahead of DCL and Tosun. 

8 hours ago, StevO said:

Being behind Rashford and Martial is nothing to be ashamed of. Any of those three would get in our team, each one is far far ahead of DCL and Tosun. 

The reality is that they splashed out £80-90m on lukaku to be their main striker with martial and rashford being deemed not good enough... he was given the lead spot for a chunk of time during which he's become demoted.  He can't retain the ball and solksjaer doesn't trust him.

I wouldn't play lukaku ahead of DCL - no chance. We've got our very own lukaku option as a striker in Richarlison... for me we are gaining far more as a team with a less prolific but rounded/combative striker in DCL than we do having a goalscorer.  Look at Firminhos performance the other night for Liverpool - never scored but was getting praised for doing all the things we see from DCL.  Couldn't be happier the big sulk is out of our club and most United fans can't wait to get rid of lukaku.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Looking at that game today, you wouldn't buy Lukaku to replace DCL, he's looking like a good centre forward the last half a dozen games, i think he's going to be very very good.

Always believed in DCL for the reasons I never believed in lukaku..... one player is humble enough to realise the importance of hard work and the other thought he was the finished article at 21