IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

51 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Rattled much??? 

So on the basis that Inter lost the UEFA cup and got beaten to the league, and got knocked out in group stages..... we have a consistent trend showing.  Eriksen played a part in his 2 clubs failing in Europe 2 years in a row..... they lost to Liverpool in the final, then lost in uefa cup final.  Gueye? Well you said he got villa relegated and couldn't be a good player..... you may recall that embarrassing one.... after all it's the stick that's beating you now

Eriksen leaves spurs and they score more goals than with him in the side and climb up the league and Harry Kane blasts 7 goals in 9 games..... looks like he and Rom are well suited. Would eriksen have improved Everton with Rom in the side.... yes.  I'm not a complete dickhead..... I certainly recognised that Harry Kane would have been an improvement on DCL - you would have to remind me who said he wouldn't. 

You've just been trumped. No small hands though.... just a smart arse. 

Not at all. 

Blah blah blah. 

Again with the deflection, why you bringing up DCL? Seriously I've just told you how fucking stupid you are using that tactic, but nope you keep trying to distract from you being a wrongun. 

Awaits the strawman to explain how 7th with Kane is better than top 4 with Eriksen. (it's even been an easier season with man u, Chelsea and arsenal all having struggles this year). Or better yet, just acknowledge how Eriksen was the difference, maybe even admit had they had Lukaku they would have done even better. 

18 hours ago, pete0 said:

Not at all. 

Blah blah blah. 

Again with the deflection, why you bringing up DCL? Seriously I've just told you how fucking stupid you are using that tactic, but nope you keep trying to distract from you being a wrongun. 

Awaits the strawman to explain how 7th with Kane is better than top 4 with Eriksen. (it's even been an easier season with man u, Chelsea and arsenal all having struggles this year). Or better yet, just acknowledge how Eriksen was the difference, maybe even admit had they had Lukaku they would have done even better. 

If you want to debate with me then put your toys back in the pram - very salty to say the least.... spurs finished 6th.   At the point of the 22nd Jan when Eriksen played his last game they were 8th (or 9th using your "strengthen my argument by downmarking their joint position and forget goal difference). Tory like downgrading there.... not difficult to spot.

So.... to state facts.  And we are dealing with facts here.  Spurs were lower in the league when eriksen played his last game for them..... they improved their position when he left.

You arent very good at this.  I feel your piss boiling.... I get it, but for your own humility stop throwing shite arguments around.  I could easily adopt your priti Patel /boris Johnson style of bluster and shite... and when I do it drives you nuts.

I'm balanced enough to recognise eriksen as a very good player, but I'm also aware enough that Harry Kane isn't dependant on him to score goals. As we seen by his 7 in 9 and spurs improved league position which occurred after eriksen was sold. Your whole "spurs finished lower without eriksen" would possibly work if I didn't have the ability to check that 1. Eriksen played a part in the season.  2. Actually checked where they were when he played his last game.

Back to Rom, serial bottler.  Great goal scorer against lesser sides - invisible man in big games.  

Had a stinker here Pete..... this is normally where strawman gets thrown, toys start smashing windows. Offence taken at using Tories in an argument which means I've accused you of being a murderer or something........

Btw calling someone stupid isn't very nice is it.....  werent you getting into trouble for insults the other week. Be nice... if you are getting rattled then you've already lost the argument. You should know this. 

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If you want to debate with me then put your toys back in the pram - very salty to say the least.... spurs finished 6th.   At the point of the 22nd Jan when Eriksen played his last game they were 8th (or 9th using your "strengthen my argument by downmarking their joint position and forget goal difference). Tory like downgrading there.... not difficult to spot.

So.... to state facts.  And we are dealing with facts here.  Spurs were lower in the league when eriksen played his last game for them..... they improved their position when he left.

You arent very good at this.  I feel your piss boiling.... I get it, but for your own humility stop throwing shite arguments around.  I could easily adopt your priti Patel /boris Johnson style of bluster and shite... and when I do it drives you nuts.

I'm balanced enough to recognise eriksen as a very good player, but I'm also aware enough that Harry Kane isn't dependant on him to score goals. As we seen by his 7 in 9 and spurs improved league position which occurred after eriksen was sold. Your whole "spurs finished lower without eriksen" would possibly work if I didn't have the ability to check that 1. Eriksen played a part in the season.  2. Actually checked where they were when he played his last game.

Back to Rom, serial bottler.  Great goal scorer against lesser sides - invisible man in big games.  

Had a stinker here Pete..... this is normally where strawman gets thrown, toys start smashing windows. Offence taken at using Tories in an argument which means I've accused you of being a murderer or something........

Btw calling someone stupid isn't very nice is it.....  werent you getting into trouble for insults the other week. Be nice... if you are getting rattled then you've already lost the argument. You should know this. 

Your using half a season when he was a bit part player waiting for his move compared to four full seasons. Absolutely ridiculous. Just admit you're wrong. 

Next is just more drivel. You don't adopt a Boris style, that is your nature. 

Again with the deflection and now the projection. You really are a tory like aren't you. Take offence all you want and go running to the mods as poor little haf only gives and doesn't like when people expose his flawed/biased opinions. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Your using half a season when he was a bit part player waiting for his move compared to four full seasons. Absolutely ridiculous. Just admit you're wrong. 

Next is just more drivel. You don't adopt a Boris style, that is your nature. 

Again with the deflection and now the projection. You really are a tory like aren't you. Take offence all you want and go running to the mods as poor little haf only gives and doesn't like when people expose his flawed/biased opinions. 

Deflection and projection eh.... I'm not trying to deflect anything.  I've taken your deflection from speaking about Rom and his big game bottling act to talking about Harry Kane only does well because of eriksen.... to actually proving that isn't the case.

But now you are saying Eriksen was a bit part player with his 20 premier league appearances and 1100 minutes for last season? Not only that but he wasn't focused..... amazing how kane scored 24 goals really...... no wonder he got 7 in 9 when eriksen left.

That bloody one season wonder tag is getting into its 7 season now 

46 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Deflection and projection eh.... I'm not trying to deflect anything.  I've taken your deflection from speaking about Rom and his big game bottling act to talking about Harry Kane only does well because of eriksen.... to actually proving that isn't the case.

But now you are saying Eriksen was a bit part player with his 20 premier league appearances and 1100 minutes for last season? Not only that but he wasn't focused..... amazing how kane scored 24 goals really...... no wonder he got 7 in 9 when eriksen left.

That bloody one season wonder tag is getting into its 7 season now 

You've brought up DCL for absolutely no reason other than to deflect. If you're argument was stronger or you were smarter you'd not feel the need to. 

You've not proved anything. Eriksen year on year dragged spurs up the table. They have dramatically fallen when he has left. Trying to use a season were he has got one eye on his move and only started 10 games compared to the full four years prior is moronic.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

You've brought up DCL for absolutely no reason other than to deflect. If you're argument was stronger or you were smarter you'd not feel the need to. 

You've not proved anything. Eriksen year on year dragged spurs up the table. They have dramatically fallen when he has left. Trying to use a season were he has got one eye on his move and only started 10 games compared to the full four years prior is moronic.

Deflection? Or do you mean bringing other players up to highlight your hypocrisy on certain points.

Example:-  eriksen being excused for being bit part and low impact cos he was waiting for his move....  you called Gana alsorts for that. The difference being he was one of our best players in his final games. 

How do you explain that Kane scored 7 in 9 and spurs improved their position when eriksen left?

I'll be honest... I couldn't really give a fuckin toss about Kane. I just recognise him as a very good striker.... and you ? Well.... just get a bit stuck on certain things don't you. 

Don't make this all about me and my style of debate.... you diverted this away from Rom. It's just interesting to see your piss boil over spurs players. 

Btw you never did get round to explaining how Roy Keane got forest relegated. Based on your logic that's not possible..... made the most expensive English player after he got his side relegated. 

47 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Deflection? Or do you mean bringing other players up to highlight your hypocrisy on certain points.

Example:-  eriksen being excused for being bit part and low impact cos he was waiting for his move....  you called Gana alsorts for that. The difference being he was one of our best players in his final games. 

How do you explain that Kane scored 7 in 9 and spurs improved their position when eriksen left?

I'll be honest... I couldn't really give a fuckin toss about Kane. I just recognise him as a very good striker.... and you ? Well.... just get a bit stuck on certain things don't you. 

Don't make this all about me and my style of debate.... you diverted this away from Rom. It's just interesting to see your piss boil over spurs players. 

Btw you never did get round to explaining how Roy Keane got forest relegated. Based on your logic that's not possible..... made the most expensive English player after he got his side relegated. 

No I mean deflection because you're yet again losing an argument, which is the main thing you highlight when going down that route, lack of intelligence and class being the other things. 

Again trying to deflect. Gana tried harder once psg come in for him, which meant he'd not been giving his all for the club but I'll digress on Gana as you're yet again deflecting. But if you're calling me a hypocrit back it up with quotes or apologise. Not the first time you've just spouted shit with no evidence. 

Seasons are 38 games long. Was Kane better this year than any of the previous four? 

I made the point about eriksen being the difference between us and spurs whilst you shat all over Rom who had a lackluster Barkley or Mirallas(?) being his main creators. The closest we can compare the argument is now he's playing with eriksen and scoring more goals than ever and helped inter to second and runners up in the Europa whereas spurs fell out of the top four. 

Again more deflection. Seriously go get mental health help, not even a dig, you would benefit and everyone around you. 

35 minutes ago, pete0 said:

No I mean deflection because you're yet again losing an argument, which is the main thing you highlight when going down that route, lack of intelligence and class being the other things. 

Again trying to deflect. Gana tried harder once psg come in for him, which meant he'd not been giving his all for the club but I'll digress on Gana as you're yet again deflecting. But if you're calling me a hypocrit back it up with quotes or apologise. Not the first time you've just spouted shit with no evidence. 

Seasons are 38 games long. Was Kane better this year than any of the previous four? 

I made the point about eriksen being the difference between us and spurs whilst you shat all over Rom who had a lackluster Barkley or Mirallas(?) being his main creators. The closest we can compare the argument is now he's playing with eriksen and scoring more goals than ever and helped inter to second and runners up in the Europa whereas spurs fell out of the top four. 

Again more deflection. Seriously go get mental health help, not even a dig, you would benefit and everyone around you. 

Last post on this because as always you tend to get a bit carried away with things...

If you actually knew anything about mental health from a medical standpoint - you wouldnt engage in an argument with someone then tell them to get mental help.  You are essentially bear baiting them and then demeaning their credibility as being "mentally unwell", stigmatising at its best.. as it stands im ok in that regard but non the less this is a forum and again you need to be reminded as to how you should conduct yourself.  

It won't be the first time nor the last that you need to be reminded as to his you should conduct yourself. Try and distance yourself from getting debating a footballing subject to getting personal. Classless and in this case potentially dangerous. 

No doubt you will try and someway justify what you said.... as I stated - in my case I'm quite balanced at this moment.  But no one knows if or when they may suffer from mental health issues. So save your pathetic dime store diagnosis of a serious health matter in the interest of point scoring a football debate.  You may just manage to create a situation you have no knowledge of dealing with.  Sad.

22 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Last post on this because as always you tend to get a bit carried away with things...

If you actually knew anything about mental health from a medical standpoint - you wouldnt engage in an argument with someone then tell them to get mental help.  You are essentially bear baiting them and then demeaning their credibility as being "mentally unwell", stigmatising at its best.. as it stands im ok in that regard but non the less this is a forum and again you need to be reminded as to how you should conduct yourself.  

It won't be the first time nor the last that you need to be reminded as to his you should conduct yourself. Try and distance yourself from getting debating a footballing subject to getting personal. Classless and in this case potentially dangerous. 

No doubt you will try and someway justify what you said.... as I stated - in my case I'm quite balanced at this moment.  But no one knows if or when they may suffer from mental health issues. So save your pathetic dime store diagnosis of a serious health matter in the interest of point scoring a football debate.  You may just manage to create a situation you have no knowledge of dealing with.  Sad.

And you don't? Remember you throwing a hissy fit and running away from the site because you didn't get your way? 

Not a dig at all. Genuine advice. Take it or leave it all you want. 

Potentially dangerous? You threatening me behind your keyboard little man? 

Now shying away from the argument and hiding behind me bringing up mental health. You really are in the ilk of Trump et al. 

14 minutes ago, pete0 said:

And you don't? Remember you throwing a hissy fit and running away from the site because you didn't get your way? 

Not a dig at all. Genuine advice. Take it or leave it all you want. 

Potentially dangerous? You threatening me behind your keyboard little man? 

Now shying away from the argument and hiding behind me bringing up mental health. You really are in the ilk of Trump et al. 

It's called gaslighting Pete.  Feigning  concern over someone's mental wellbeing as a means of discrediting their opinions..... a form of manipulative and abusive behaviour. Not the right behaviour on a football forum. 

I'm not getting drawn into insult tennis. I certainly don't see where I threatened you....  if you see me telling you that gaslighting and using mental health diagnosis on a forum as a means of trying to win an argument is dangerous then maybe I'm not being clear enough.  

You don't know me, you only know my opinions - you don't know my daily battles and I don't know yours.  So save the "mental health" diagnosis. You couldn't give a shit about anything other than winning an "argument" and in order to do so you would happily throw a random mental health grenade out there.

Ax I've said, your behaviour transcends what is acceptable and not for the first time on this forum.  If a debate about football has you reaching for insults then it's time to step away.

As it happens... there a no damage done - but for me you need reigning in with regards your behaviour. 

I'm not shying away from an "argument"... for me it was a debate about football - never an argument.  Your terminology is more appropriate as to your take on the situation.... which is why you got personal.  

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

It's called gaslighting Pete.  Feigning  concern over someone's mental wellbeing as a means of discrediting their opinions..... a form of manipulative and abusive behaviour. Not the right behaviour on a football forum. 

I'm not getting drawn into insult tennis. I certainly don't see where I threatened you....  if you see me telling you that gaslighting and using mental health diagnosis on a forum as a means of trying to win an argument is dangerous then maybe I'm not being clear enough.  

You don't know me, you only know my opinions - you don't know my daily battles and I don't know yours.  So save the "mental health" diagnosis. You couldn't give a shit about anything other than winning an argument and in order to do so you would happily throw a random mental health grenade out there.

Ax I've said, your behaviour transcends what is acceptable and not for the first time on this forum.  If a debate about football has you reaching for insults then it's time to step away.

As it happens... there a no damage done - but for me you need reigning in with regards your behaviour. 

What about your behaviour? 

You stated potentially dangerous? Are you threatening me? 

As for the argument. You've never been near winning, call it gas lighting all you want. I'd much rather you recognise right from wrong and be able to hold your hand up. Have you ever been wrong? Because the closest I can see is you have a change of opinion. 

30 minutes ago, pete0 said:

What about your behaviour? 

You stated potentially dangerous? Are you threatening me? 

As for the argument. You've never been near winning, call it gas lighting all you want. I'd much rather you recognise right from wrong and be able to hold your hand up. Have you ever been wrong? Because the closest I can see is you have a change of opinion. 

My behaviour? I've spoken nothing other than the subject and your hypocrisy.... I've spoken about the topic of football.  I've been very mindful of that despite the baiting.

Did I refer to you as a "little pathetic deflector with small hands?"

Did I tell you "how fucking stupid" you are ...

Did I tell you to "go get some mental help".

In this page alone they are just a few.... yeah I see you said go running to the mods etc.

I'm really not sure where you get this "threat" I have not threatened you and why would I? .... to be clear if someone does have mental health issues and you are calling them out on a forum - you are creating a dangerous situation and one you can't control.  You don't do it.  Are you there to help the person of you unsettle them?

Sadly you fail to see this.... but as above.... take a look at your posts/personal attacks.  Whether you like it or not, they are insults.

I took you off ignore after months of having you on it.  There was clearly be good reason for that.  You have got to stop taking football debate personally and you have got to stop abusing posters because you don't agree with them.

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

My behaviour? I've spoken nothing other than the subject and your hypocrisy.... I've spoken about the topic of football.  I've been very mindful of that despite the baiting.

Did I refer to you as a "little pathetic deflector with small hands?"

Did I tell you "how fucking stupid" you are ...

Did I tell you to "go get some mental help".

In this page alone they are just a few.... yeah I see you said go running to the mods etc.

I'm really not sure where you get this "threat" I have not threatened you and why would I? .... to be clear if someone does have mental health issues and you are calling them out on a forum - you are creating a dangerous situation and one you can't control.  You don't do it.  Are you there to help the person of you unsettle them?

Sadly you fail to see this.... but as above.... take a look at your posts/personal attacks.  Whether you like it or not, they are insults.

I took you off ignore after months of having you on it.  There was clearly be good reason for that.  You have got to stop taking football debate personally and you have got to stop abusing posters because you don't agree with them.

What hypocrisy? You've not quoted me. You've just stated it. Still waiting for an apology the last time you just made up shit that I've apparently said. 

On 22/08/2020 at 09:54, Hafnia said:

You were probably best just moving on Pete....  here we are again with your "one players ability defined by where the team finished" boĺlocks.

I'd say this is condescending. But I'd also say you're an ego maniac so maybe you don't recognise so. 

I won't waste my time going through the rest, well bar this one. 

59 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Classless and in this case potentially dangerous. 

Worm all you want, it's not hard to see what you're getting at here. 

Ignore me all you want. I just hope someone else holds your warped views to account. 

19 minutes ago, pete0 said:

What hypocrisy? You've not quoted me. You've just stated it. Still waiting for an apology the last time you just made up shit that I've apparently said. 

I'd say this is condescending. But I'd also say you're an ego maniac so maybe you don't recognise so. 

I won't waste my time going through the rest, well bar this one. 

Worm all you want, it's not hard to see what you're getting at here. 

Ignore me all you want. I just hope someone else holds your warped views to account. 

Warped views?  Not sure I've got warped views.... unless arguing about football players is warped. 

Condescending? Id say some of my posts are more arrogant to be honest.... but that statement in itself shows a humility. 

Like I said, j stop at insults, which you can't. So on that note..... bye.  Try not to be so insulting to others. 

51 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Warped views?  Not sure I've got warped views.... unless arguing about football players is warped. 

One in five of your posts are in a single thread, a thread of a player you don't even like and that no one agrees with you. Let that sink in. 

Condescending? Id say some of my posts are more arrogant to be honest.... but that statement in itself shows a humility. 

:afro2:

Like I said, j stop at insults, which you can't. So on that note..... bye.  Try not to be so insulting to others. 

Hope you actually hit the ignore button this time Billy liar. 

• Matt locked this topic
  • MikeO unlocked this topic
4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Hilarious, every one of hafs beefs with him is addressed there.  World class player I still miss him

Are they? How? ... Next you will be telling me than we need to sign Ashley Young.  

Ronaldo is 36 and ripping it up in that league.  

I don't see many man United fans begging for him to come back.  Well done Tom, I suppose a serie a title is an upgrade on the Jupiter league. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Playing to his strengths? Given time to develop? I'm shocked! 

Alternatively you can look at it another way....

Was sold by United for being a fat blob who conspired against Solksjaer and knew he had to leave when they made old permanent (yes, that did happen).

Went to a league that is a lesser standard where players due for retirement can plod along for a bit longer and won the title.  

If he is the supposed player that the above comments seem to indicate.... Then I would expect him to be targeted by big clubs like Kane and Haarland. 

He's where he needs to be.  Overrated player in an overrated league. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

Alternatively you can look at it another way....

Was sold by United for being a fat blob who conspired against Solksjaer and knew he had to leave when they made old permanent (yes, that did happen).

Went to a league that is a lesser standard where players due for retirement can plod along for a bit longer and won the title.  

If he is the supposed player that the above comments seem to indicate.... Then I would expect him to be targeted by big clubs like Kane and Haarland. 

He's where he needs to be.  Overrated player in an overrated league. 

Or I can see it the way it is; he moved on to a new challenge, won the league and is now being rumoured to be the target of City and Chelsea. He'll be back in the premiership before he's 30 and will likely win a title here too. 

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Are they? How? ... Next you will be telling me than we need to sign Ashley Young.  

Ronaldo is 36 and ripping it up in that league.  

I don't see many man United fans begging for him to come back.  Well done Tom, I suppose a serie a title is an upgrade on the Jupiter league. 

ronaldo was great last year, but up until this weekend's brace he has been struggling.  Haf just have a laugh mate, you know i'm just poking the bear, i enjoy your posts on everything except lukaku, just havin a little fun.

Just now, Matt said:

Or I can see it the way it is; he moved on to a new challenge, won the league and is now being rumoured to be the target of City and Chelsea. He'll be back in the premiership before he's 30 and will likely win a title here too. 

I'll tell you what.... If man city or Chelsea sign him I will pay £100 to a charity of your choice.

Not being funny Matt.... That league is absolute pony.  It's like a vets league.  Serie A title counts for something based on historical relevance but that's it. 

29 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I'll tell you what.... If man city or Chelsea sign him I will pay £100 to a charity of your choice.

Not being funny Matt.... That league is absolute pony.  It's like a vets league.  Serie A title counts for something based on historical relevance but that's it. 

Same. If he's not playing in the Premiership by the time he's 30 (end of the season), I'll do £100

• 2 months later...