IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/09/2019 at 04:57, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49576840

is it just me or is that some amazingly creative fucked up logic?!

Also shows how many football fans need to get a grip on reality. Imagine using the same excuses for kidnapping a player’s loved ones or threats (or worse). I like to use the line “football is the most important of the unimportant things in life” in these sort of situations. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Notched his 19th league goal of the season tonight in the Milan derby. 

I decided to watch the game, it's the first time I've actually sat and watched a game of his since he left the Premier League (I wasn't even watching for him, I wanted to see how Ibrahimovich is getting on). Based on this one match, my impression is that he's definitely found the league that best suits the strengths of his game, and doesn't punish the weaknesses so harshly. His poor first touch isn't such an issue over there because of the much slower pace of the game, and having a midfield who are very skilled at placing the ball exactly where he needs it (Brozovic in particular seems to put every pass on a plate for him, and now they've added Christian Eriksen, another fantastic passer) means that his brilliance at finding the target pretty much does the rest. 

Good on him for making the intelligent move for his skillset. I'm happy for him.   

58 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I'd fancy you to get 10 over there mate...  don't miss him one bit. It's great watching Richarlison. DCL and the emergence of Keane

As am I and I don’t really care much about any other player not in the blue of Everton. However doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate that he’s doing a good job and proving his critics wrong. 

51 minutes ago, barryj said:

As am I and I don’t really care much about any other player not in the blue of Everton. However doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate that he’s doing a good job and proving his critics wrong. 

I see your point but he's on a never ending cycle of proving his critics wrong because he's always giving them reasons to pipe up. 

I said a long while ago that he will retire from the game and have big regrets.  For me his athleticism should mean he finds the game a doddle..... like watching Le Bron James or Usain Bolt.  He's 6ft 4, a good 15st, fast and has size 12 feet to side foot a ball harder than I could kick it. 

Yet he just seems to coast and struggle in areas of the game that shouldn't be an issue.  Every now and then he finds his hunger and a point to prove and then when he's proved it he puts his feet up. 

I dunno.... the penny may drop with him and he may get another shot at the prem but I find him a bit of a waste of an athlete and penalty box finisher. 

22 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I see your point but he's on a never ending cycle of proving his critics wrong because he's always giving them reasons to pipe up. 

I said a long while ago that he will retire from the game and have big regrets.  For me his athleticism should mean he finds the game a doddle..... like watching Le Bron James or Usain Bolt.  He's 6ft 4, a good 15st, fast and has size 12 feet to side foot a ball harder than I could kick it. 

Yet he just seems to coast and struggle in areas of the game that shouldn't be an issue.  Every now and then he finds his hunger and a point to prove and then when he's proved it he puts his feet up. 

I dunno.... the penny may drop with him and he may get another shot at the prem but I find him a bit of a waste of an athlete and penalty box finisher. 

Haf, he can also trap a ball harder than you can kick it.😁

59 minutes ago, johnh said:

Haf, he can also trap a ball harder than you can kick it.😁

John.... imagine him playing on the pitches you did? In the boots you played in, with centre halves being allowed to go through the back of you? Absolutely no chance...  they play in slippers with football's that float, on the most perfect of pitches.  

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

John.... imagine him playing on the pitches you did? In the boots you played in, with centre halves being allowed to go through the back of you? Absolutely no chance...  they play in slippers with football's that float, on the most perfect of pitches.  

Haf,  I remember once playing an Amateur Cup game against Reckitts & Coleman at their sports ground.  The pitch was like a bowling green. The club house can be summed up in one word 'luxury'.  Expensive tiles, underfloor heating in the dressing rooms, power showers. They provided all our players and officials with a large pack of their products.  I felt a bit guilty after we beat them 10 - 0!  I remember thinking, after the game, I wish I could play on a pitch like that every week.