IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

He offers nothing in the build up, can’t win a header he’s just a good finisher in the box. He will do well in Italy if he goes there I think 

I honestly never seen what all the fuss was about with him.  I'm pretty sure lots of managers out there struggle too.... I just don't see him getting another big move

City were in complete control when he came on, it was a silly sub. I understand why United fans are so frustrated with Pogba, he was absolutely shite. To quote a United friend; “Pogba is like having Gerrard and Lampard on the same team, without having either of them”

Dreadful cameo from him tonight (and I've taken stick for saying this in the past but fuck me he's overweight). I watched the game with 2 United fans and it was interesting to watch them explode with the same anger I used to when Lukaku would do that 'thumbs up' gesture to the player who'd just created a perfectly good chance for him (only to have him piss it away). Lingard must have been thinking "never mind your fucking thumbs up, just bury the damn chance!"   

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

City were in complete control when he came on, it was a silly sub. I understand why United fans are so frustrated with Pogba, he was absolutely shite. To quote a United friend; “Pogba is like having Gerrard and Lampard on the same team, without having either of them”

Matt I don't know what the stats were for him but they will not be pretty.....  he literally can not control and pass a ball.  They were taking the piss out of him doing triangles round him after he miscontrolled the ball.  That shot from a squared ball was a joke. 

10 hours ago, hafnia said:

Matt I don't know what the stats were for him but they will not be pretty.....  he literally can not control and pass a ball.  They were taking the piss out of him doing triangles round him after he miscontrolled the ball.  That shot from a squared ball was a joke. 

Oh he was bad but not a patch on Pogba. 

29 minutes ago, pete0 said:

The pass is terrible, it's hit behind him and at shin height giving the striker very little margin for error. 

United haven't scored from open play in 500+ minutes. If anything people should be looking at Rashford not Lukaku. 

Have to agree there.  That pass is terrible.  It was like he just didn't care at all.  Very poor from Rashford.

On 25/04/2019 at 16:47, sibdane said:

Why are we still talking about Lukaku? He hasn't played for us for two seasons now.

No matter how many times this question gets asked around here (and it seems to get asked a lot), I'll keep on giving the same reply: this is the part of the forum where people who want to discuss players who don't play for Everton can do so. 

15 hours ago, Isaiah said:

No matter how many times this question gets asked around here (and it seems to get asked a lot), I'll keep on giving the same reply: this is the part of the forum where people who want to discuss players who don't play for Everton can do so. 

Of course that is allowed. My response was tongue-in-cheek.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 20/06/2019 at 10:09, Romey 1878 said:

It's no wonder footballers are weak these days when as soon as it gets tough you're being advised to leave left, right and centre.

Football in general in being screwed all over the place... surprised at Martinez, does he not recall the players who stopped playing for him prior to his sacking.

Lukaku is no different to the player we had, just fatter.  His ambition was to score goals to secure a move to a big club.  During his time here it was a roller coaster of varying attitudes, performance levels and above all - excuses or demands. 

There are a lot of very savvy DOF's and managers who are looking being the glitz and glamour of certain names and going for players who contribute to the collective aim of the team.

An example for me is messi... brilliant brilliant footballer but I would have Bernardo Silva ahead of him in my side.  A player who listens to and employs tactics rather than try to dictate them himself, the same with Ronaldo. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Football in general in being screwed all over the place... surprised at Martinez, does he not recall the players who stopped playing for him prior to his sacking.

Lukaku is no different to the player we had, just fatter.  His ambition was to score goals to secure a move to a big club.  During his time here it was a roller coaster of varying attitudes, performance levels and above all - excuses or demands. 

There are a lot of very savvy DOF's and managers who are looking being the glitz and glamour of certain names and going for players who contribute to the collective aim of the team.

An example for me is messi... brilliant brilliant footballer but I would have Bernardo Silva ahead of him in my side.  A player who listens to and employs tactics rather than try to dictate them himself, the same with Ronaldo. 

Only surprise for me is that people don’t know his role and how to exploit it; goal scorer. ‘Tis that simple. He’ll do well in the creative yet lazier leagues it seems; lay it up, put it in the net. Such wasted talent, should’ve been the next superstar. We’ve had the best of him

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Only surprise for me is that people don’t know his role and how to exploit it; goal scorer. ‘Tis that simple. He’ll do well in the creative yet lazier leagues it seems; lay it up, put it in the net. Such wasted talent, should’ve been the next superstar. We’ve had the best of him

I don't think it's that simple matt, 4 years ago I actually said that he would be the perfect "last 20 minutes" player.  

Man City used Dzecko like that and arsenal used Giroud like that.... but from the perspective of "lump it up and hold it/cross for headers"

For me he promised much "if" he could improve his touch and general play which I argued and said I don't think he could ... therefore making him a wasted signing for a top side as he will always be found wanting against better sides. It just seems his attirudevand arrogance has got worse too. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Matt said:

I wonder if we have any sell on clauses

A cool £5m. 

Everton negotiated a clause in the deal which means that, should Lukaku either leave the club or sign a new contract before the summer of 2022, the Toffees will pick up an extra £5m on top of the initial £75m they received from their sale of the striker.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6339003-everton-to-make-5m-if-inter-target-romelu-lukaku-leaves-man-utd-this-summer

• 3 weeks later...