IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

On 03/05/2021 at 19:49, Hafnia said:

I'll tell you what.... If man city or Chelsea sign him I will pay £100 to a charity of your choice.

Not being funny Matt.... That league is absolute pony.  It's like a vets league.  Serie A title counts for something based on historical relevance but that's it. 

That'll be Macmillan Cancer research please mate ;)

1 hour ago, Matt said:

That'll be Macmillan Cancer research please mate ;)

Yes.  A bet is a bet.  Good choice.  I do a standing order to them I think but happy to add to it. £100.   

Just checked.... I have been donating to McMillan since 2014.  Annoyingly it's a DD so I can't amend amount but I will sort it. 

25 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Donation done - happy to spend £100 that will be used well. It's nice that you get to leave in memory of someone.  Sadly for most, there are too many names that could go in that section. 

Top man Pete, never doubted you'd honour it once Matt flagged it.

The Macmillan online community is probably the site I spend second most time on after here and I'm very proud to work for them. On top of that I have a cousin currently in the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary recovering (hopefully) from lung cancer surgery. Cancer is crap.

29 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

£100 isn't an unsubstantial amount of money but most of us waste more than that in a week.   If many debates / challenges were settled this way imagine how much money would be raised. 

To not honour a charity bet - it's pretty much the same as taking money out of a charity box imo.  

Just opened up an email to see this:-

It's in honour of and because of this gift in their memory that we can continue to provide physical, financial and emotional support. Your gift of £100 in memory of your family means we can be right there for people with cancer and those close to them.

It's an amazing way to remember someone special – thank you, Peter.

Please accept our condolences at this time, and remember we're still here for you, for as long as you need us. If you want to find out about local bereavement support, information and support centres, or would like to talk, call us free on 0808 808 00 00. We're open seven days a week, including bank holidays, from 8am-8pm (thanks to supporters like you). For round the clock support you can visit our online community.

What a humbling response to a donation so great fully received, it can’t help but bring some perspective and reality too one’s own life and family values. 

On 13/08/2021 at 14:33, Bailey said:

I am behind the times! 👏

Not really.....you read the post where the bet was made but missed the several below where the bet was paid in advance of his move I may add.   You just needed to chill for a minute longer and read the rest. 

Still don't understand how @Hafniathinks he's overrated. His hold up play is just fantastic, he's a leader on the pitch, clinical finisher, pace and power. Not to mention I'm over the moon as I was the one to snap him up in our league 🤗

Loved the time he got to spend with us, too. Lucky to have seen him play at Goodison in my only visit there.

6 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Still don't understand how @Hafniathinks he's overrated. His hold up play is just fantastic, he's a leader on the pitch, clinical finisher, pace and power. Not to mention I'm over the moon as I was the one to snap him up in our league 🤗

Loved the time he got to spend with us, too. Lucky to have seen him play at Goodison in my only visit there.

Hold up play relies on a solid first touch.  His first touch has improved to below average from appalling .... So it may give him a chance of using his frame. 

Our club seriously needs to win a trophy, we have fans watching Lukakus every move, fans looking to dismiss Rodriguez twitch antics. ...... These players think they are too big for us.  Just focus on Everton. 

Ffs he's scored a tap in and he's George Weah all over again ...... Lukaku FC is everyone's second club again ..... Pity we were never his first even when he played for us. 

2 minutes ago, barryj said:

Best striker we had for a generation. Hopefully DCL will continue his development and surpass him. 

Better than Rooney? Not a fucking chance, not even in the same bracket.  May have scored more and played more for us, I seen more quality from Rooney in 3 months as a 17 year old for us than I did in Lukakus career so far.