IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

47 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He scored against us. He's a striker.

many have scored against us, a lot of them shite, doesn't mean a thing.  so many of united's youngsters are labeled worldies because they play for united and the media/fans think it's their god given academy that will produce a star every minute.  let's see how this lad does in a few years.

@Hafnia i thought you were all high on rashford, have you changed your mind now and it's greenwood?  do you follow united as well?  you're always talking about them

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

many have scored against us, a lot of them shite, doesn't mean a thing.  so many of united's youngsters are labeled worldies because they play for united and the media/fans think it's their god given academy that will produce a star every minute.  let's see how this lad does in a few years.

@Hafnia i thought you were all high on rashford, have you changed your mind now and it's greenwood?  do you follow united as well?  you're always talking about them

You asked who he was. I was answering that, not passing comment on his ability. So not sure why you’ve gone off in that direction. 

12 hours ago, Matt said:

He has Eriksson. All he’s ever needed was someone with knowledge how to pass in front off him. 

Remember saying he was the reason Harry Kane got so many but haf laughed at that theory. But Italy, the defensive masters, are easier to score against... 

On 19/08/2020 at 18:48, markjazzbassist said:

I'd have rashford... absolutely.  I wanted rashford as part of the lukaku deal. Why does the fact that I said I would pay £120m for Greenwood invalidate that???

Greenwood is going to be better than rashford.  He is going to be one of the best strikers in the world and an England record breaker.  

21 hours ago, pete0 said:

Remember saying he was the reason Harry Kane got so many but haf laughed at that theory. But Italy, the defensive masters, are easier to score against... 

Yeah eriksens one assist is making all the difference to Rom....and Harry Kanes 7 goals in 9 games since returning from injury after erriksens sale shows how much he relied on him......

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

Whilst I think you could get him for cheaper, he really does look a player. His ability to finish off both feet is scary, truly two footed.

An absolute freak... I thought he was another hyped talent.  Unfortunately he is that good... him and Rashford are tgevrrason Ole didn't use the lukaku money on a striker.  Smart. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah eriksens one assist is making all the difference to Rom....and Harry Kanes 7 goals in 9 games since returning from injury after erriksens sale shows how much he relied on him......

His smart play will be doing wonders. Look at spurs without Eriksson and they've dropped off completely. From top 4 and even title contenders to scrapping 6th. 

More to football than goals and assists but you do love a motd player don't yer. 

9 hours ago, pete0 said:

His smart play will be doing wonders. Look at spurs without Eriksson and they've dropped off completely. From top 4 and even title contenders to scrapping 6th. 

More to football than goals and assists but you do love a motd player don't yer. 

So Kane has gone from one season wonder to his goals being reliant on Eriksen, and now the reason that spurs finished 6th?

During kanes injury, with eriksen in the side spurs lost 3 out of 8 games.  With eriksen gone and Kane playing they lost 1 out of 9......  with Kane scoring at a higher rate than he had in any season.

More statistical analysis than motd Pete ...

Ouch... he scored the winner in the final.

Hope Inter fans font destroy him tbh. The final showed what he is all about... scored a penno after a direct run.   Missed a sitter, then his clumsy touch gave away The winner. 

He doesn't do well in big games, played for Chelsea, man United and inter and not won a trophy. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Ouch... he scored the winner in the final.

Hope Inter fans font destroy him tbh. 

From the main English-language Inter forum (these quotes are about Conte):

and with conte out, we can sell lukaku
Please go to Man Utd and take Lukaku with you, thanks.
Holy shit, if he leaves he better takes Lukaku with him, I dont think any other coach would be patient with this guy.
we aren't going to sack him. So if he leaves, that's on him. If that's how he feels, good fucking riddance then, quitter. Have fun managing Everton when carlo leaves because no big team will want you now and take fucking Lukaku with you

14 hours ago, Hafnia said:

So Kane has gone from one season wonder to his goals being reliant on Eriksen, and now the reason that spurs finished 6th?

During kanes injury, with eriksen in the side spurs lost 3 out of 8 games.  With eriksen gone and Kane playing they lost 1 out of 9......  with Kane scoring at a higher rate than he had in any season.

More statistical analysis than motd Pete ...

Think league position trumps any of them stats.. Man city got relegated even though they were top scorers in the league. Maybe you should write to the FA to get them to start awarding points for stats so maybe just one day you might win an argument... 

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

Think league position trumps any of them stats.. Man city got relegated even though they were top scorers in the league. Maybe you should write to the FA to get them to start awarding points for stats so maybe just one day you might win an argument... 

You were probably best just moving on Pete....  here we are again with your "one players ability defined by where the team finished" boĺlocks.

Roy Keane got relegated - yet won the league 7 times? How can a player "shit enough to get relegated" win the league 7 times?  

Maybe you need to have a word with Brands and tell him not to buy Doucoure, maybe tell Liverpool to get rid of Andy Robertson - after all he got Hull relegated didn't he? Maybe we should just offer £5m for Jack Grealish.... got relegated and just avoided relegation. 

Give it up mate, you tried this bollocks to suit your gana narrative

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'd take him back in a heartbeat.  could you imagine Richy DCL and Lukaku battering CB's?  we'd be lethal

He's found his niche mjb, he's got an abundance of shite teams to plump his stats in a pedestrian league, where there's only 1 team better than his current club.

Yet again, when the game gets to a high level with high stakes he looks a shadow of the player he is against the cannon fodder. 

Like a man United fan said on talk sport.... if you played bottom half teams every week you would have him no question. A player who can only be played half the time cos he can't do it against good sides. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Goals win games, he scores goals. Apparently for the opposition too, it was such a lazy/tired effort though he was responsible for both inter goals. I’d love him back 

Each to their own.

My opinion is that Carlo has a huge job to change the dynamic and mindset of our team. Far too many players already  who stroll around to have a goalscorer who doesn't close down defenders and goes Missing in big games.

He is a finisher....  no question but against better sides he has no cutting edge. 

Unfortunately for him many inter fans seem to have seen through his goals and see that he struggles to impact big games. They haven't won a trophy in 9 years and that loss will sting.  I think the missed penalty in the super cup for Chelsea impacted him.... always seems to bottle it on the biggest games. 

It's come out that he didn't collect his losers medal..... personally I think that's a pisstake.  His teammates collected theirs, he was unbelievably lazy last night. Allowed the defenders to play the ball out, missed a sitter and scored an oggy. 

Doesn't help himself. 

24 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It's come out that he didn't collect his losers medal..... personally I think that's a pisstake.  His teammates collected theirs, he was unbelievably lazy last night. Allowed the defenders to play the ball out, missed a sitter and scored an oggy. 

Doesn't help himself. 

And scored/help score their 2 goals. I’d never accept a losers medal either 

55 minutes ago, Matt said:

And scored/help score their 2 goals. I’d never accept a losers medal either 

It's poor sportsmanship.  The England rugby team got roasted for taking their world cup runners up medals off straight after ceremony and apologised.

I wouldn't mind if he actually played the game like losing would hurt.... His off the ball work was pathetic.  ESPN did a piece on him - in key moments in key matches he struggles.  He had chances against Barcas B team in the champs league group stage - bottled them and Barca went through.  Hit it at the keeper from 4 yards..... 

Against Juve in the 6 pointers..... nowhere to be seen. 

Martin Samuel cut through a the recent guff about him:-

Lukaku isn't proving his critics wrong, it's a confidence trick!

Romelu Lukaku is a confidence player. His goals come in streaks. In the 2017-18 season he scored 16 times in his first 13 games for Manchester United and Belgium. 

Then he scored one in 12; then three in four; then none in four; then 11 in 15; then one in six. He got six goals in his first three games for Belgium that summer, then drew a blank in four. 

Next season, more of the same: seven goals in seven games for club and country, and then two in 14 both in the same game. He got five in eight, then none in nine; six in three, then none in eight. 

So it is not entirely true to say Lukaku is proving his critics wrong with Inter Milan. 

Rather, he has found a league that works for him, where a good striker with a big club will never be too far away from a fixture that restores his self-belief. In Italy, Lukaku has found equilibrium and his scoring is more consistent. 

This season he has not gone more than three games without a goal — but also hasn’t scored more than three games in succession.

It is no longer feast or famine. Italy clearly suits a player of his temperament.

15 hours ago, Hafnia said:

You were probably best just moving on Pete....  here we are again with your "one players ability defined by where the team finished" boĺlocks.

Roy Keane got relegated - yet won the league 7 times? How can a player "shit enough to get relegated" win the league 7 times?  

Maybe you need to have a word with Brands and tell him not to buy Doucoure, maybe tell Liverpool to get rid of Andy Robertson - after all he got Hull relegated didn't he? Maybe we should just offer £5m for Jack Grealish.... got relegated and just avoided relegation. 

Give it up mate, you tried this bollocks to suit your gana narrative

Strawmanning as usual. 

Spurs with Eriksen were a top 4 side. Without him they're not even close. 

Most people who know anything about football would say spurs are better without Kane, but motd fans will beg to differ I guess. 

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

Strawmanning as usual. 

Spurs with Eriksen were a top 4 side. Without him they're not even close. 

Most people who know anything about football would say spurs are better without Kane, but motd fans will beg to differ I guess. 

Where did I present the strawman Pete? Not sure that I did.

If I subscribed to your bullshit I could conveniently call lukaku the most expensive failure in football..... a footballer who has been transferred for a total of £183m only behind Cristiano Ronaldo and neymar.... he "made" the 3 Champions league winning/title winning teams he played for fail to win a single trophy in the years he played for them. 

Spurs actually climbed up the league once Eriksen left.... so that's clearly his fault too. Just like it was Gueyes fault that villa got relegated. 

Check mate.

Just now, Hafnia said:

Where did I present the strawman Pete? Not sure that I did.

If I subscribed to your bullshit I could conveniently call lukaku the most expensive failure in football..... a footballer who has been transferred for a total of £183m only behind Cristiano Ronaldo and neymar.... he "made" the 3 Champions league winning/title winning teams he played for fail to win a single trophy in the years he played for them. 

Spurs actually climbed up the league once Eriksen left.... so that's clearly his fault too. Just like it was Gueyes fault that villa got relegated. 

Check mate.

19/20 - 6th - 59 points

18/19 - 4th - 71 points

17/18 - 3rd — 77 points 

Can't be arsed writing the other two years but with Eriksen they got top 4 four years on the bounce. You really think he's not the difference? You really think with him in the side when we had Lukaku that he'd not have done better? 

Why you being Gueye up? Because you're a little pathetic deflector who can't handle being wrong. Do you have small hands like Donald Trump? 

20 minutes ago, pete0 said:

19/20 - 6th - 59 points

18/19 - 4th - 71 points

17/18 - 3rd — 77 points 

Can't be arsed writing the other two years but with Eriksen they got top 4 four years on the bounce. You really think he's not the difference? You really think with him in the side when we had Lukaku that he'd not have done better? 

Why you being Gueye up? Because you're a little pathetic deflector who can't handle being wrong. Do you have small hands like Donald Trump? 

Rattled much??? 

So on the basis that Inter lost the UEFA cup and got beaten to the league, and got knocked out in group stages..... we have a consistent trend showing.  Eriksen played a part in his 2 clubs failing in Europe 2 years in a row..... they lost to Liverpool in the final, then lost in uefa cup final.  Gueye? Well you said he got villa relegated and couldn't be a good player..... you may recall that embarrassing one.... after all it's the stick that's beating you now

Eriksen leaves spurs and they score more goals than with him in the side and climb up the league and Harry Kane blasts 7 goals in 9 games..... looks like he and Rom are well suited. Would eriksen have improved Everton with Rom in the side.... yes.  I'm not a complete dickhead..... I certainly recognised that Harry Kane would have been an improvement on DCL - you would have to remind me who said he wouldn't. 

You've just been trumped. No small hands though.... just a smart arse.