IGNORED

Everton (Female Team)

11 hours ago, MikeO said:

27,574 attendance, Everton tickets sold out.

Just imagine how much better it'd be with a smaller pitch and teeny goals, might actually make people interested.

Long may it continue, I still retain that the game will improve on smaller pitches and to an extent it was proven last night. The pitch is far smaller than Wembley and the quality of technical ability was evident in nice first time passes in triangles etc. 

virtue signal all you like mr Southgate, I’ll be taking my kids to the womens game purely on the basis that the crowd is far more family oriented. Does it get me engaged in the same way the mens game does? No not yet but there is hope. 

On 25/09/2022 at 20:17, MikeO said:

27,574 attendance, Everton tickets sold out.

Just imagine how much better it'd be with a smaller pitch and teeny goals, might actually make people interested.

The women's game sadly seems too stubborn to do something like that. As the father of a daughter myself I'd love nothing more than the women's game to improve but when you've got goalkeepers struggling to hit the halfway line alongside some truly awful goals being scored it's hard to remain engaged. I've tried several times to get into Women's football and just can't.

Smaller pitches and smaller goals would improve the standard quite a lot to be honest, but it won't happen.

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The women's game sadly seems too stubborn to do something like that. As the father of a daughter myself I'd love nothing more than the women's game to improve but when you've got goalkeepers struggling to hit the halfway line alongside some truly awful goals being scored it's hard to remain engaged. I've tried several times to get into Women's football and just can't.

Smaller pitches and smaller goals would improve the standard quite a lot to be honest, but it won't happen.

Mike was being sarcastic. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...